This League Is Fixed

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every fan probably feels slighted in every game by the refs.

The key is not making the mistakes that let an error (since refs are human) impact the end result. The silly interception or fumble in the red zone is what kills teams. Turnovers compounded by perceived referee errors is almost never going to result in a victory.

For example, in the Bengals game, I can agree with the penalty due to the hit on Brown but the penalty on Pac-Man seemed far fetched to me when the Pittsburgh coach isn't supposed to even be on the field. In the end, if Hill hadn't fumbled, the whole issue would never have occurred. Heck, the Bengals could have run victory formation, run the clock down and forced the Steelers to use up their timeouts. There is very little chance the Steelers could have come to field goal position with less time on the clock (Big Ben couldn't throw too far).

Not that the ref impacted the game but what the heck is up with AP holding the ball like that before his fumble? In that kind of weather, almost any NFL player could knock it away.

You are stumbling all over yourself. "Cynics are by far the most naïve people of all", really? Descartes once said you have to doubt first to ever truely believe, or arrive at the truth, so you keep on believing dear one. Then the rest of your rambling has what I call Russ Limbagh logic, you make an assumption, then build upon those assumptions to create "facts".

Sorry we burst your reality bubble in this thread. I know it is tough on those that never question what is told or shown to them!

Sorry Cheap, but you're confusing skeptics with cynics. A common fallacy by those who are too ignorant - and naïve - to know the distinction, but there is a world of difference between the two outlooks. I still stand with my original post.

BTW: It's probably to be expected that you'd misunderstand what Descartes was discussing. You really should avoid quoting an authority unless you are certain of the context.

Edited by Falcon Freddie

Sorry Cheap, but you're confusing skeptics with cynics. A common fallacy by those who are too ignorant - and naïve - to know the distinction, but there is a world of difference between the two outlooks. I still stand with my original post.

BTW: It's probably to be expected that you'd misunderstand what Descartes was discussing. You really should avoid quoting an authority unless you are certain of the context.

They are synoyms, and for someone that builds premises on assumptions like talk show hosts, you are now trying to be very precise. At least you are making an effort.

Just keep on believing what ever it is you want to believe in, I could care less, but in the process you are making every effort to really denigrate (trash talk) those that do no see things your way. Noble

Edited by Cheap Talk

Well once again we have Brady vs Manning for the AFC championship, big money. Now Carolina is playing Arizona so the Super Bowl would make the most money for the owners by having an east coast, west coast matchup. So, New England vs Cardinals or Panthers vs Broncos.

And we only got that way because the league is fixed? It can't be that the Cardinals, Panthers, Patriots and Broncos are simply the 4 best teams in the NFL this year? Oh wait, but they were the 4 best teams in the NFL this year if you watched them play all year.

And we only got that way because the league is fixed? It can't be that the Cardinals, Panthers, Patriots and Broncos are simply the 4 best teams in the NFL this year? Oh wait, but they were the 4 best teams in the NFL this year if you watched them play all year.

all of them had a Bye because they were the top seeds. Must be fixed rolleyes.gif

There are so many News outlets now that would break the story if the NFL was fixed. The NSA can't even keep its secrets and it has a lot more security and procedures than the NFL. Why would the league want the Panthers to be in the SB? It can't be because of the market or Cam Newton. The Feds take a dim view on bribery, game fixing, and conspiracy. Most clubs that consistently lose are poorly run and can be spotted a mile away by the average fan.

The league may not be directly fixed like a sitcom, but the outcomes certainly make you wonder if perhaps the referees are told by the NFL to make sure a certain team wins.

Did anyone doubt that the AFC would be Manning vs. Brady? Yes, the two QB's are good but a month ago Manning looked like Granny out there and a few months ago Brady was fighting off a suspension (forgotten memories). The NFL could not have wished for better TV ratings than this matchup. It is not the stadium attendance that matters but how many national viewers they can get (ad revenue).

Both AFC games were decided by a TD, so I am sure you can find a referee call in either game where that deficit could have been erased - holding call? ball spot? replay decision?

My friend, I hope we can get the offense fixed next year. Maybe our qb has a learning issue with coach Shanahan.

I do think that and feel that teamplayer about Ryan. I know I give him he11, but I do it hoping he does get it. I know the man is mad at himself, but we can't afford this kinda play for very long or something will have to change soon. I would like to see a better Ryan next year no doubt about it!

I think the league is fixed but it might not be on purpose. If anything its done by the Ref's who subconsciously make or don't make calls based on their underlying feelings of a certain team or player. What I mean is this, we all know how a holding call could be called on any play or the hand fighting/jockeying for position that CB's and WR's go through sometimes have flags thrown on them or how John Abraham used to wear Olinemen around his neck like jewelry and not get a holding call. I think some of those calls are made simply because of the perception that Team A is better than Team B and would not commit as many penalties as Team B. That also goes to the players, where superstars get a little bit more leeway than an undrafted rookie.