This League Is Fixed

"Makes money" and the value added by being a perennial SB contender like the Pats are, are on such vastly different scales of the revenue spectrum its laughable one would actually think any owner, Blank included, would take "their turn."

Merchandise sales alone from a power house would make it dumb to allow the league to be fixed...

Merchandise sales are shared.

Here is a good source http://thefixisin.net/theproof.html

Edited by Navin

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 years ago I would have called you crazy but after these last 2 seasons I almost agree with you.

At very least it is obvious that the league/Refs play favorites with marquee players and teams, it's starting to impact games more and more. WWE

The officiating ~ and the unbelievable glut of subjective rules and incomprehensible penalties ~ is killing my interest also. I'm at the point I almost don't care who wins or loses the game any more as long as the officials didn't decide the outcome. I think the only real solution is just can the officials and let the players play the game and police themselves. Couldn't be much worse and it might be a helluva lot more entertaining.

Did he fake the concussion too? If he flopped and didn't really have a concussion he takes himself out of the game and costs his team a valuable timeout on their final drive when the clock is already stopped due to the incomplete pass.

Was seen smiling and celebrating after the game. Will be playing next week. Yes, totally concussed...

Man, there has been some stuff happen that any rational person would look at and think it's fixed. I've been not so seriously pushing the idea for years now.

As big as the NFL has gotten and the amount of money it generates it honestly makes no real sense for the owners to let it run naturally. When all they have to do is create some drama and make 10x as much. They know all to well that the new modern. NFL fan will soak up the nonsense like a fiending crackhead.

I like this. I always say why leave a billion dollar industry to chance? I don't think all games are fixed, but I do believe a few more important ones are sometimes. I know the refs heavily influence games. They can wipe out a teams drive with a few penalties. We as Falcon fans have seen this quite a few times. Take the NFC Championship game against the Niners. I honestly believe if the Niners would have gotten that pass interference call that they didn't give us at the end of the game if the situation were reversed. Many of the NFL elite teams would have gotten that call.

Was seen smiling and celebrating after the game. Will be playing next week. Yes, totally concussed...

1. Espn reported two hours ago that it didn't look good for brown to play next week. If you got another source, post it.

2. Smiling and celebrating has nothing to do with a concussion. Players used to play with concussions.

3. Your suggesting that he intentionally took the best wr the steelers have out of the game and risked costing his team a valuable timeout when the clock was already stopped? At the time of the injury the steelers were barely in fg range with the penalty.

I like this. I always say why leave a billion dollar industry to chance? I don't think all games are fixed, but I do believe a few more important ones are sometimes. I know the refs heavily influence games. They can wipe out a teams drive with a few penalties. We as Falcon fans hae seen this quite a few times. Take the NFC Championship game against the Niners. I honestly believe if the Niners would have gotten that pass interference call that they didn't give us at the end of the game if the situation were reversed. Many of the NFL elite teams would have gotten that call.

True. People come to this thread and assume we are talking about overt pro wrestling scripting, but that's not what we are saying.

It's the subtle manipulation of in game circumstances to tip the odds of victory toward a desired outcome.

In the case of the league, the networks and their sponsors, it's the teams that produce the highest ratings.

I don't think it's fixed, but like with everything, I think there are biases that might not be consciously intentional on the part of the refs, but their biases influence calls. I think those biases come from media coverage and agendas.

I don't buy into most conspiracy, but I think there are agendas that are suggested by the powers that be, and those agendas do affect the way things pan out, even if it is very slight.

(Not to take away from the idiocy of the Bengals)

Well put, paulitik.

Biases, influences, personal agendas, pay backs, etc certainly exist where human emotions are involved but to suggest the league is "fixed" to the point of predetermining winners or losers or Super Bowl participants is just not happening. If so, the teams from the states of New York and California, the largest TV markets, would live in the Super Bowl every year, and you'd never see cities like Seattle, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, make the Super Bowl.

I'd like for someone to cite just one reliable source to argue differently. There's more reliable sources for the existence of UFO's or Bigfoot.

True. People come to this thread and assume we are talking about overt pro wrestling scripting, but that's not what we are saying.

It's the subtle manipulation of in game circumstances to tip the odds of victory toward a desired outcome.

In the case of the league, the networks and their sponsors, it's the teams that produce the highest ratings.

Agreed

1. Espn reported two hours ago that it didn't look good for brown to play next week. If you got another source, post it.

2. Smiling and celebrating has nothing to do with a concussion. Players used to play with concussions.

3. Your suggesting that he intentionally took the best wr the steelers have out of the game and risked costing his team a valuable timeout when the clock was already stopped? At the time of the injury the steelers were barely in fg range with the penalty.

I've had a concussion, so it's hardly a celebratory situation.

Brown himself has been reported as saying he plans to play. I read it on a B/R team stre.am earlier today.

I'm stating a fact that every player will do whatever he can get away with to gain an advantage.

And honestly, I couldn't care less if you agree with me or not. You disagree, fine. I'm not going to continue on this tangent beyond this post.

I've had a concussion, so it's hardly a celebratory situation.

Brown himself has been reported as saying he plans to play. I read it on a B/R team stre.am earlier today.

I'm stating a fact that every player will do whatever he can get away with to gain an advantage.

And honestly, I couldn't care less if you agree with me or not. You disagree, fine. I'm not going to continue on this tangent beyond this post.

You haven't addressed how it's an advantage to take your best wr out of the game and burn up a time out (injury in the last 2 minutes necessitates a timeout) in exchange for a penalty that doesn't even get you in comfortable fg range.

Thinking that existing laws and antitrust lawsuits that have taken place means the NFL is outright fixing games is absurd. The jump from there not being a specific law that prevents it to it is actually happening is a very broad one. The anti-trust law suit argued in front of the Supreme Court is about collusion in price and wage setting as the NFL claimed it was one single business and not 32 different ones. That doesn't mean that the one company does not have 32 separate divisions that operate mainly independently of one another.

I have no problem in believing there are biases and the league sure does want to promote storylines. There may even be manipulation of scheduling and things like that, but there are just too many variables at hand for game fixing to be taking place, and no gag order or contract would keep every single person who would have to be involved from spilling the beans.

If the Falcons want to be in the Super Bowl, they have to draft better. By adding young stars through the draft...

We have to build a team that can create buzz around the league. Especially with a new studium opening next year.

If we can sprinkle that with some solid FA signings, we should be okay.

Seattle, Carolina, Green Bay, Denver are good examples. The Falcons must start doing the same...

Edited by The Closer

The NFL does not make enough money to keep so many players quiet about outright fixing of the games. All it would take is one disgruntled player to come out with some kind of proof. That player alone would probably make more money from a book than he would ever playing again.

I agree that the referees are probably "biased" toward certain players/coaches they like. I look at Brees chatting with the refs like they are his best buddies and, as a result, they are always going to be favorable toward him when they can. And, the refs also probably feel "peer pressure" to not be the one who calls a penalty on somebody like Brady or Cam who is considered a popular player.

Well put, paulitik.

Biases, influences, personal agendas, pay backs, etc certainly exist where human emotions are involved but to suggest the league is "fixed" to the point of predetermining winners or losers or Super Bowl participants is just not happening. If so, the teams from the states of New York and California, the largest TV markets, would live in the Super Bowl every year, and you'd never see cities like Seattle, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, make the Super Bowl.

I'd like for someone to cite just one reliable source to argue differently. There's more reliable sources for the existence of UFO's or Bigfoot.

I think there are sweetheart picks. I think the Saints got a lot of breaks and favorable calls because of their story, and New Orleans chummy relationships with Referees (Something I really wish the NFL would look into). Teams like Green Bay and Pittsburgh became perennial Champions before the NFL blew up.

I also think those biases play with team's strengths. Teams known Defensive powerhouses might get away with holds and PI, that lesser teams wouldn't.

Obviously team's with big name players, see those players get away with things others wouldn't, especially QBs.

There might be some sinister string pulling going on behind the scenes, but mostly it's just bias.

Unfortunately if just feels like Atlanta never gets those breaks.

The NFL does not make enough money to keep so many players quiet about outright fixing of the games. All it would take is one disgruntled player to come out with some kind of proof. That player alone would probably make more money from a book than he would ever playing again.

I agree that the referees are probably "biased" toward certain players/coaches they like. I look at Brees chatting with the refs like they are his best buddies and, as a result, they are always going to be favorable toward him when they can. And, the refs also probably feel "peer pressure" to not be the one who calls a penalty on somebody like Brady or Cam who is considered a popular player.

If it's happening, the players aren't in on it. The relationship between the NFLPA and the owners is far too contentious for that to even be a possibility.

Why?

Because it just is. It gets more obvious every season.

Once again, it'll be Brady and Worthlessberger and maybe a magical finale from Manning.

The Networks write the script. The players do the acting. The officials do the EDITING.

The last time I heard that the NFL was fixed was from my late grandmother. She was 85 and senile.

It's a total conspiracy that 2 of the top 5 greatest QBs in NFL history are in the playoffs all the time. For the record, Roethlisberger is either the best or 2nd best QB to be drafted within the past 15 years.

You need to be deported to Antarctica.

Cynics are by far the most naïve people of all. Also, those who are corrupt themselves always believe everyone else is also.

And please, don't essentially tell me you're corrupt and proud of it. That would just be too sad. What you'd be confessing to is that you're a psychopath.

You are stumbling all over yourself. "Cynics are by far the most naïve people of all", really? Descartes once said you have to doubt first to ever truely believe, or arrive at the truth, so you keep on believing dear one. Then the rest of your rambling has what I call Russ Limbagh logic, you make an assumption, then build upon those assumptions to create "facts".

Sorry we burst your reality bubble in this thread. I know it is tough on those that never question what is told or shown to them!

Edited by Cheap Talk

Let me offer an assumption, what if the NFL had a whole separate set of books for gaming enterprises with the bookies, that amounted to more money than all of the ticket sales and network revenues combined? Not saying this is true, just saying what if? Furher more it would not be illegal, since the NFL is not under the same laws governing the NBA and MLB.

From what I have heard, more gaming money changes hands on the Super Bowl alone then all the regular season ticket sales and network revenues combined. What if the NFL had found a whole new market more important than ticket sales and network revenue. Although one would drive the other. Now I may be out there on this, but what if?

Question first, then believe.

Edited by Cheap Talk

I do think the NFL is fixed somewhat by the refs. I don't see how anyone can deny this, as it was a proven fact for the NBA, and then you have proof of a coach betting on the game in baseball. Not saying every ref is bad, or anything else other than it has to be happening in the NFL. This also doesn't mean that the NFL is in charge of the cheating, although I'm sure they have a hand in it as well. How often and how much does these actions affect the game? Who knows

I do think the NFL is fixed somewhat by the refs. I don't see how anyone can deny this, as it was a proven fact for the NBA, and then you have proof of a coach betting on the game in baseball. Not saying every ref is bad, or anything else other than it has to be happening in the NFL. This also doesn't mean that the NFL is in charge of the cheating, although I'm sure they have a hand in it as well. How often and how much does these actions affect the game? Who knows