Bias certainly exists. Just look at how certain players are protected or given the benefit.

Certain QB's are untouchable while you could pile drive others and get away with it.

Look at how certain receivers are given the benefit of small push-offs. (Roddy benefited from this for years)

Some CB's are overlooked with the 5 yard holding rule or PI because they are high profile. (Revis)

Certain lineman can get away with the holds if they aren't blatantly obvious.

Just two weeks ago we watched Cam have a feature film length celebration with no flag.

You can see the bias in their reviews. Plus, if they call a BS penalty and it's too obvious, you can bet that very soon there will be another phantom penalty that aims to even things out. Sometimes, that first call can make or break a drive or game.

It's not a leap to suggest or acknowledge that this bias exists for one team over another.

Red flags went up during what some here call Katrina Bowl. I'd also like to know why Manning was so pissed before the last drive of the Saints SB win that resulted in the INT. Ever since Katrina, it was like the NFL were Saints' sponsors. Pregame shows for years were a Saints documentary. Saints commercials. I guess they thought a Superbowl win would revive the city. Much like their first game back after Katrina revitalized them.

Speaking of the Saints and to add on to the above, Favre was nearly murdered in that NFCCG. Where were the flags? It was so blatant. They only acknowledged the filthy tactics(SF) after they already won a superbowl.

And to the poster that thinks it isn't possible because someone could write a book. 2 words. Gag order. They are becoming the norm in a lot of high profile businesses and acquaintances.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been suspicious of some things after Ray Lewis announced he would be retiring after the 2012 season & they went on to win the Super Bowl. Combine that with the power outage to keep it a competitive game, right after Jacoby Jones' return that God told Ray Lewis he was gonna have if he touched him, and then the lack of a PI call on the throw to Crabtree to win the game. Yeah the NFL is a little fishy. Not completely rigged but they have an agenda and they push it to get the outcome they want.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t387rFkfm8Q

Notice the obvious holding penalty that wasn't called LOL. Number 50 & 51 were straight up dragging that man backwards.

I freaking loved the temp refs. They made mistakes, but I never once got the feeling a call was biased towards one team or the other, one players or the other, etc ...

I think it's telling how much attention and scrutiny EPSN gave the replacement officials on almost a nightly basis and when horrible calls are routinely made by the regular crooks in stripes there's hardly a peep about it from the media. Could it be that the replacement refs weren't following the script that insured the highest ratings? I think so.

Bias certainly exists. Just look at how certain players are protected or given the benefit.

Certain QB's are untouchable while you could pile drive others and get away with it.

Look at how certain receivers are given the benefit of small push-offs. (Roddy benefited from this for years)

Some CB's are overlooked with the 5 yard holding rule or PI because they are high profile. (Revis)

Just two weeks ago we watched Cam have a feature film length celebration with no flag.

You can see the bias in their reviews. Plus, if they call a BS penalty and it's too obvious, you can bet that very soon there will be another phantom penalty that aims to even things out. Sometimes, that first call can make or break a drive or game.

It's not a leap to suggest or acknowledge that this bias exists for one team over another.

Red flags went up during what some here call Katrina Bowl. I'd also like to know why Manning was so pissed before the last drive of the Saints SB win that resulted in the INT. Ever since Katrina, it was like the NFL were Saints' sponsors. Pregame shows for years were a Saints documentary. Saints commercials. I guess they thought a Superbowl win would revive the city. Much like their first game back after Katrina revitalized them.

Speaking of the Saints and to add on to the above, Favre was nearly murdered in that NFCCG. Where were the flags? It was so blatant. They only acknowledged the filthy tactics(SF) after they already won a superbowl.

And to the poster that thinks it isn't possible because someone could write a book. 2 words. Gag order. They are becoming the norm in a lot of high profile businesses and acquaintances.

Sure the NFL wants this or that match up but would having and Arizona Kansas City Super Bowl kill the NFL financially, No. Prices for Super Bowl Commercials have already been set months ago. Game will be sold out regardless,where do they lose money? Like I said cheat to manipulate a game for what exactly, it's already so popular the payoff is limited against losing it all.

Gag orders are for court cases think you are referring to confidentiality agreements, and even those those can't be use to direct you to do something illegal or shady.

Bias here and there maybe but an NFL administration directive to fix games highly unlikely. LOL ,wheres the meeting?the paperwork? does Goodell call the refs before the game and say OK when Burfict drills a guy call a penalty, but don't for Shazier when he does the same thing?

All this ^ like refs always turn their head when Matt takes a helmet to the chest or late hit because the oline sucks. Or atlantas defense gets held and they don't throw a flag because are pass rush isn't "good"

Sure the NFL wants this or that match up but would having and Arizona Kansas City Super Bowl kill the NFL financially, No. Prices for Super Bowl Commercials have already been set months ago. Game will be sold out regardless,where do they lose money? Like I said cheat to manipulate a game for what exactly, it's already so popular the payoff is limited against losing it all.

Gag orders are for court cases think you are referring to confidentiality agreements, and even those those can't be use to direct you to do something illegal or shady.

Bias here and there maybe but an NFL administration directive to fix games highly unlikely. LOL ,wheres the meeting?the paperwork? does Goodell call the refs before the game and say OK when Burfict drills a guy call a penalty, but don't for Shazier when he does the same thing?

It is legal for the NFL to fix games. They already won a case in court over this issue. They came be sued for it.

So on one hand people scream that Blank is a greedy SOB for the PSL/new stadium yet on the other they believe that he would forgo millions upon hundreds of millions of dollars by allowing the league to make the Pats / Seahawks / etc yearly contenders while his team sputters from bad to functional?

Can't have it both ways...

This is why I hate the NBA... too many times you see things like a team best for finals ratings getting to the free throw line 37 times and the other team only 10. Stars like Lebron get away with carrying the ball and traveling. Shaq used to drop more elbows in the paint than Dusty Rhodes ever did in a rasslin' match and it was never called, and almost every year a favorable ratings matchup is what you end up with in the finals, be it the markets or the marquee names. I could believe the NBA is "manipulated" 10 times as much as the NFL because of the amount of influence the refs have on every single game and the consistent patterns.

Not so much in the NFL. We can debate those calls, but everyone of them could have been made at some other time and no one would have said anything. They just happened here at the end of the game so it becomes a big controversy. Worst thing is that Jones and Burfict do not get any benefit of the doubt from the refs because of their prior history, but that's on them.

The NBA refs nearly allowed Shaq to bloody Mutumbo's nose and mouth..wait-a-minute? He did!!!

A classmate pointed it out to me... "They are letting Shaq drop an elbow!!" I watched the next game...Well.

Well considering there are 4 teams left in the AFC and you just named 3 of 4, I say there's a high probability of one them being in at super bowl.

If I am reading & understand this correctly you completely missed his point. It's how those playoff teams got to the playoffs, not that one is destined to play in the SB.

Wow, what sterling logic??

We live in a corrupt country and a corrupt world, so we should all go find a quaint place on the moon right?....oh wait we have been there

Cynics are by far the most naïve people of all. Also, those who are corrupt themselves always believe everyone else is also.

And please, don't essentially tell me you're corrupt and proud of it. That would just be too sad. What you'd be confessing to is that you're a psychopath.

So on one hand people scream that Blank is a greedy SOB for the PSL/new stadium yet on the other they believe that he would forgo millions upon hundreds of millions of dollars by allowing the league to make the Pats / Seahawks / etc yearly contenders while his team sputters from bad to functional?

Can't have it both ways...

Couple of things here:

1) NFL shares 70% of all revenue for tv and everything. Ticket sales are even split, 2/3 to home team and 1/3 split among all other teams. Only box seats are not shared, which is the reason for ....

2) Blank needed a new stadium with more box seats, to keep more revenue.

Blank makes money "both ways". Plus, Atlanta will get their turn. The Falcons need to fill that new stadium.

Couple of things here:

1) NFL shares 70% of all revenue for tv and everything. Ticket sales are even split, 2/3 to home team and 1/3 split among all other teams. Only box seats are not shared, which is the reason for ....

2) Blank needed a new stadium with more box seats, to keep more revenue.

Blank makes money "both ways". Plus, Atlanta will get their turn. The Falcons need to fill that new stadium.

"Makes money" and the value added by being a perennial SB contender like the Pats are, are on such vastly different scales of the revenue spectrum its laughable one would actually think any owner, Blank included, would take "their turn."

Merchandise sales alone from a power house would make it dumb to allow the league to be fixed...

Cite the source.

It's talked about in this article from Bleacher Report. Not the most scholarly source I know, but a simple Google search will yield you more information on the matter.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/587027-the-10-games-or-so-the-nfl-may-have-fixed-in-the-2010-season

I realize this isn't proof that the NFL fixes games, but the truth is that it is not illegal for the NFL to do so if they so choose.