Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Vontez Burfict

343 posts in this topic

If you think that our organization, with no identity other than being called soft by more than one opponent this year, can't use guys with the abilities and attitude of a Burfict, then that's fine. Enjoy it.

You know what the Bengals have been doing while we hire and fire, and get made fun of? They've been in the playoffs. That's a chance versus no chance.

And really? The Patriots are an example of playing in the rules? Smh...

I should edit in here that I'm sure other teams consider Bennett a fine, upstanding human being.

I dont think i ever brought up the Atlanta Falcons. The Patriots dont have dirty players. Not a hard concept to figure out. If you want to say the organization are cheaters fine. But their players dont hurt other players and celebrate. Show me some evidence to back up your claim. And how is Michael Bennett a dirty player? Has he injured a player or head butted a player in the game? Bennett is a poor example.

Bro he had 0 game winning plays because they lost. Also he's a dirty player **** him and his penalties.

No Burfict and they aren't in the game, much less leading.

I swear, it's like people don't even watch the games, but post as if they did.

He was directly responsible for their comeback.

No Burfict and they aren't in that game, much less leading.

And let's not put that play in a fishbowl. Everybody knows the Bengals were already over the edge because the refs allowed Shazier a free pass for that helmet to helmet on Bernard, after which he was celebrating all over the field.

now you want to bring up Shazier play after defending Burfict lol. Surely you jest. That should have been a penalty too. But Burfict celebrated after injuring Le'veon Bell so i guess karma caught up to him a little with his penalty

now you want to bring up Shazier play after defending Burfict lol. Surely you jest. That should have been a penalty too. But Burfict celebrated after injuring Le'veon Bell so i guess karma caught up to him a little with his penalty

I'm not condemning shazier at all. I'll take a few of him, too.

In all my years growing up here in Georgia, and cheering this team, I know what lengths most fans will tolerate to win.

This fan base is squeamish. It's sensibilities get offended unless our players are all boy scouts. I get it.

What I don't get is how the same fans get mad because the team lacks a killer instinct or passion for the game. We are labeled soft by other teams because that's all our fans are comfortable with.

So, sure, bring in all those nice guys. Just don't act outraged when they perform like nice guys. You're being hypocrites.

ltstorm2 and Bobby.Digital like this

No Burfict and they aren't in the game, much less leading.

I swear, it's like people don't even watch the games, but post as if they did.

He was directly responsible for their comeback.

He may have helped switch momentum but the losing team never has a game winning drive. I'm speaking literally lol

And he's still dirty and a selfish idiot. You go for big plays to make yourself look like a bad *** but all it does is harm your own team. This day and age of football you know better by now

He may have helped switch momentum but the losing team never has a game winning drive. I'm speaking literally lol

Well, that much is true, of course, lol.

I don't like dumb penalties if that makes my team soft so be it. The Rams get all kinds of penalties and are labeled a dirty team by a lot of people. Playing dirty doesn't mean you win. Id rather have a roster of team first guys who play w some smarts than a team of willy mo (not dirty) and Burfict.

And he's still dirty and a selfish idiot. You go for big plays to make yourself look like a bad *** but all it does is harm your own team. This day and age of football you know better by now

I equate this to recent Falcons history. When, in 2013, Matt took that hit in New Orleans, and Blank pointed out how disgusted he was that no one stood up for him.

Well, Burfict and others were standing up for Bernard. Calling him dirty on that play is to remove it from the context of what had been going on in the game.

If Freeman got hit like that by a Panther, and they ran all over celebrating, who on our team is sending that message?

We both know, it's nobody.

Bobby.Digital likes this

I'm not condemning shazier at all. I'll take a few of him, too.

i would too. I love players that play with an edge and maybe even cross the line a little. But players like that have to be smart. And that's why i love players like Rodney Harrison and Hines Ward. They played dirty but they were smart. Burfict just isn't a smart player

That is what I would have done with the weather being as bad as it was. Make the Steelers have to get a TD with no Timeouts and only about 40 seconds left. Your odds of losing at that point are as close to 0 as you can get.

That's what I said after the INT. With the conditions, I would be tempted to take 3 knees, but I guess you can't be that conservative.

Run the ball 3 times, hopefully get a 1st to seal it, if not kick the FG.

The fumble was the biggest play. Without the TOs, Cincy wins especially if they go up by 4. The 2 penalties were idiotic of course.

Y'all over reacting. Game ain't played in slow mo. Dude clearly pulled up. AB never would've gotten hit in the head if he didn't scrunch up while trying to protect his ribs.

That was not a dirty, bad intentioned play. These grown men play hella fast. I get why it's a penalty..... It's strict liability, a hit to the head is a hit to the head, intent is irrelevant.

But dirty is a whole other thing

I agree, while Burfict grazed Brown in the head, it looked much worse because Brown had already been hit by the other defender. Was it dirty? Maybe but it was much closer than most of those on this board are making it out to be - the problem for Burfict is his reputation.

Burfict is a super talented player who plays with an edge - sometimes it benefits the Bengals and sometime it does not.

Would I want him on my team? Maybe....just would structure a contract where he could be cut anytime. Burfict is a super talent.

I know a ton of clowns on here were crying and complaining about the Falcons not signing Burfict after he went undrafted. Well if you watched this Steelers/Bengals playoff game tonight you know exactly why he wasn't signed by the Falcons and why he went undrafted. He is the dirtiest NFL player I have ever seen in my life! He's completely selfish and doesn't give a flying flip about anyone other than himself. His antics in this game have just lost his team a playoff game. Thank God you clowns aren't running the Atlanta Falcons!

He and Jones are thugs, fools and losers........and deserved to lose the game

Check out post #6 in this thread. Funny how it is from the OP. http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3904950-nfln-was-dunta-robinsons-hit-legal/

James Harrison was brought up in that thread also. Funny, that guy was considered a really dirty player but he also has TWO......Superbowl rings and made one of the biggest defense plays in Superbowl history.

If I remember the hit correctly I don't believe Robinson ever hit him in the head,

Yep. Robinson hit Jackson in the head and Jackson's injury came from his head hitting the ground. But nice try in trying to compare the two hits when they're not even remotely close to being the same.

If I remember the hit correctly I don't believe Robinson ever hit him in the head,

Yep. Robinson hit Jackson in the head and Jackson's injury came from his head hitting the ground. But nice try in trying to compare the two hits when they're not even remotely close to being the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhET1IC0gMo

According to the NFL, they are exactly the same...

According to the NFL, they are exactly the same...

Except that Brown was hit in the head and Jackson wasn't. The only thing you can possibly do is call Jackson defenseless but I don't see how when he had the freaking ball. If you've got the ball you can't be defenseless. My personal opinion about it.

Well they were both flagged so how could they not be the same?

And then there's...

"It's totally BS! It was a total clean hit! How else are you going to dislodge the ball from the receiver unless you hit them hard?

Hits like this was the norm back in the 70s and before." - Falconsfan567

Robinson hit Jackson 100 times harder up in the neck area than what Burfict did to Brown.

thanat0s likes this

Except that Brown was hit in the head and Jackson wasn't. The only thing you can possibly do is call Jackson defenseless but I don't see how when he had the freaking ball. If you've got the ball you can't be defenseless. My personal opinion about it.

So if Brown had caught the ball, you'd have been cool? Brown actually should probably be glad he didn't catch it because then we'd probably be talking about a real injury.

Well they were both flagged so how could they not be the same?

And then there's...

"It's totally BS! It was a total clean hit! How else are you going to dislodge the ball from the receiver unless you hit them hard?

Hits like this was the norm back in the 70s and before." - Falconsfan567

Robinson hit Jackson 100 times harder up in the neck area than what Burfict did to Brown.

Oo. That's gotta sting...

So if Brown had caught the ball, you'd have been cool? Brown actually should probably be glad he didn't catch it because then we'd probably be talking about a real injury.

he has a concussion. That's a real injury