Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Vontez Burfict

343 posts in this topic

I just did in the post where I said the refs let the game get out of control.

the refs were tossing flags. They did the best they could. Next step would be to start ejecting people. And nobody wants that in a playoff game

Wouldn't matter. They were in FG range. They could have kneeled the ball 3 times, been up by 4 and forced PIT to go 80 yards with no timeouts and only 40 second left. That's an easy win even if you have both of those roughness penalties. Cinci's coach lost the game.

You say that but a lot can happen in 40 seconds and it's possible Cincy misses the FG

I'd take a half dozen of him today. Right this moment. Regardless of three hours of CBS flat out cheerleading for a Steelers win, and targeting him all night as everything evil under the sun.

Our problem has always been a lack of players like that. No one is scared of a single player on our roster. In fact, I'm fairly certain they see our team as irrelevant.

The Steelers and Ravens have the same kind of players, one of whom targeted Bernard earlier and got a free pass.

Aside from being naive, you're obviously a closet Steelers fan in some fashion.

But, hey, you keep beating that nice guy drum. Meanwhile, 8 championships belong to two teams in that division who aren't nice guys.

Oh, so now I'm a closet Steelers fan? Good grief almighty!! Can we please stop with the "if you don't agree with me then you're not a fan of the Falcons or a fan of another team." silliness that goes on here? I can't stand the Steelers. Never have and never will. All the more reason to be pissed that the Bengals had a meltdown and lost the game.

Again, it's not about being nice or not. It's about being dirty. There's a clear difference but somehow that is clearly not understood here.

the refs were tossing flags. They did the best they could. Next step would be to start ejecting people. And nobody wants that in a playoff game

They should have tossed a couple of more. Nobody wants that just like nobody wants what ended up happening in a playoff game even worse, being that it had a direct and obvious impact on the final score.

If he was a "thug" I'm sure he would be doing more than tackling people in a game.

I probably shouldn't have called him a thug. But goodness me. You guys act like this is the first time he's ever done anything like this. I can't believe some are defending him. Check out his history. It dates back all the way to Arizona State. I remember him getting ejected from a game for a dirty play.

Jimsmusic™ likes this

Here's a brief history of what he's done in the NFL that has crossed the line.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/10/as-a-repeat-offender-vontaze-burfict-may-face-a-suspension/

Here's an article written when he was still in college about all his issues.

http://rumorsandrants.com/2010/10/arizona-state-linebacker-vontaze-burfict-has-issues.html

Look at him headbutt this Oregon State QB.

Again, there is no way you can defend this man. He's nothing but a dirty player.

According to the refs, Shazier's hit to Bernard was not a penalty. That was defenseless if not anything.

It should have been a penalty by rule. A defensive player cannot hit an offensive player with the crown of his helmet. It was sickening listening to Nantz and Simms try to justify that hit.

TheUsualStuff likes this

You say that but a lot can happen in 40 seconds and it's possible Cincy misses the FG

There's about 0.0000001% odds the Bengals lose if they kneel three times and kick a FG there. You can say all you want about "anything can happen", but it's the truth.

They should have tossed a couple of more. Nobody wants that just like nobody wants what ended up happening in a playoff game even worse, being that it had a direct and obvious impact on the final score.

flags didn't do anything. So tossing more would have done nothing

I would also like to add the fact that San Francisco waited to play Gabbert against our defense. They straight up called our defense a bunch of punks and they are. We don't have any "crazy uncles" that teams fear. Give me five Burficts and see if any team calls us out again. When you win a Superbowl, the only person who's really remembered is the QB.

thanat0s likes this

I would also like to add the fact that San Francisco waited to play Gabbert against our defense. They straight up called our defense a bunch of punks and they are. We don't have any "crazy uncles" that teams fear. Give me five Burficts and see if any team calls us out again. When you win a Superbowl, the only person who's really remembered is the QB.

Yep. He is an angry player, for sure. He also an excellent impact defender. I'd love to have a defense full of guys who play to the edge like that.

People like the OP are delusional thinking they'll nice guy their way to a title.

Here's a brief history of what he's done in the NFL that has crossed the line.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/10/as-a-repeat-offender-vontaze-burfict-may-face-a-suspension/

Here's an article written when he was still in college about all his issues.

http://rumorsandrants.com/2010/10/arizona-state-linebacker-vontaze-burfict-has-issues.html

Look at him headbutt this Oregon State QB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_jDyvvg4MY

Again, there is no way you can defend this man. He's nothing but a dirty player.

Looks like exactly what this team needs more of.

Of course, I'm not wearing a skirt.

Yep. He is an angry player, for sure. He also an excellent impact defender. I'd love to have a defense full of guys who play to the edge like that.

People like the OP are delusional thinking they'll nice guy their way to a title.

Naw there's a difference between edgy and scumbag. NE didn't have scum, neither did Seattle, nor Ravens, nor Giants, nor Packers. Last 5 SB winners

I'm sure OP is ok with edgy

Falconsfan567 likes this

Naw there's a difference between edgy and scumbag. NE didn't have scum, neither did Seattle, nor Ravens, nor Giants, nor Packers. Last 5 SB winners

I'm sure OP is ok with edgy

Ignoring most of the history of the NFL. One thing all those teams have is an identity. And if you think people don't consider Seahawks defenders dirty, you're nuts.

He plays to win at all costs, just like countless players in NFL history, many of whom played for those Steelers.

You guys can love all this nice guy b.s. all day long, but we'll never see a SB win without the guys who do what he does.

Of course, this team is never winning a title regardless, so all this is moot.

There's no evidence that a team needs dirty, mistake prone players to win a Super Bowl. There's also no evidence that suggests that players who follow the rules and don't make dumb mistakes are always nice guys. Burfict has never won a thing. Nothing. Zero.

In review: Breaking rules and making dumb mistakes does not equal being a great football player.

Not a hard concept.

There's about 0.0000001% odds the Bengals lose if they kneel three times and kick a FG there. You can say all you want about "anything can happen", but it's the truth.

That is what I would have done with the weather being as bad as it was. Make the Steelers have to get a TD with no Timeouts and only about 40 seconds left. Your odds of losing at that point are as close to 0 as you can get.

m2Falcons likes this

Ignoring most of the history of the NFL. One thing all those teams have is an identity. And if you think people don't consider Seahawks defenders dirty, you're nuts.

He plays to win at all costs, just like countless players in NFL history, many of whom played for those Steelers.

You guys can love all this nice guy b.s. all day long, but we'll never see a SB win without the guys who do what he does.

Of course, this team is never winning a title regardless, so all this is moot.

lol who considers the Seahawks dirty? Show me some evidence. Vontez Burfict has won nothing. Not even a playoff game. So how does players like him equate to winning,especially when he hasn't won anything? How are the Pats winning so often without dirty players? Boggles the mind

There's no evidence that a team needs dirty, mistake prone players to win a Super Bowl. There's also no evidence that suggests that players who follow the rules and don't make dumb mistakes are always nice guys. Burfict has never won a thing. Nothing. Zero. In review: Breaking rules and making dumb mistakes does not equal being a great football player. Not a hard concept.

OK, but Rodney Harrison has won multiple Superbowls, as has Hines Ward. Two of the most dirty, POS football players to ever grace the NFL.

thanat0s likes this

lol who considers the Seahawks dirty? Show me some evidence. Vontez Burfict has won nothing. Not even a playoff game. So how does players like him equate to winning,especially when he hasn't won anything? How are the Pats winning so often without dirty players? Boggles the mind

If you think that our organization, with no identity other than being called soft by more than one opponent this year, can't use guys with the abilities and attitude of a Burfict, then that's fine. Enjoy it.

You know what the Bengals have been doing while we hire and fire, and get made fun of? They've been in the playoffs. That's a chance versus no chance.

And really? The Patriots are an example of playing in the rules? Smh...

I should edit in here that I'm sure other teams consider Bennett a fine, upstanding human being.

And Burfict just isn't a smart player. That was a dumb penalty by him. Just stupid

No Burfict and they aren't in that game, much less leading.

And let's not put that play in a fishbowl. Everybody knows the Bengals were already over the edge because the refs allowed Shazier a free pass for that helmet to helmet on Bernard, after which he was celebrating all over the field.

Like his style or not, Burfict actually makes plays. He had 2 game winning plays tonight with the sack on Ben and the INT. With out those plays, the Bengals don't have a chance to kneel it down and win the game. It's not his fault the RB fumbled.

I would take 3 Burfict's over WorriSlow any day. There is a reason why our defense is considered soft and not good, because we have no toughness to begin with. Give me a Burfict, a Shazier before I see the trash the Falcons have been acquiring for the team.

Bro he had 0 game winning plays because they lost. Also he's a dirty player **** him and his penalties.