Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Vontez Burfict

343 posts in this topic

Supposed football fans wondering why that hit wasn't clean.....just lol at this fanbase.

To be fair that wasn't a penalty back in the day. Guys like Scott Case and Ronnie Lott would get penalized every game with the rules these days.

I hate how everyone is pulling the NFL ratings card. J. Hill COSTED THEM THE GAME. HE FUMBLED when he could of just gone down and ran clock out. WTF are you guys even talking about. If Hill doesn't fumble a simple run play, they win.

I hate how everyone is pulling the NFL ratings card. J. Hill COSTED THEM THE GAME. HE FUMBLED when he could of just gone down and ran clock out. WTF are you guys even talking about. If Hill doesn't fumble a simple run play, they win.

Didnt the Steelers have 3 timeouts left when Hill fumbled? If so, that's why he didn't go down

Seriously what is everyone getting by making this guy a villain. It really didn't look like he was trying to hit his head. Yes it is a penalty but all this talk about suspension and dirty play seems over the top. this play happens but the announcers and commentators whipping up this witch hunt on the guy is strange to me. Its not like a coach trying to trip an opposing player as he runs down the sideline.

Old Pappy falcon likes this

Maybe he is a dirty player. But had he not sacked Rothlesberger after the fumble and later made that pick, Cincy would've never been in position to win anyway. So saying he cost them the game is a bit of a stretch when he had so much to do with them almost winning it.

I think the Jones foul was worse. That would've been a 50 yard FG in driving rain otherwise. But even with that, Joey Porter had no business on the field.

Oh check his earlier game(s) against steelers, this POS celebrated when he tore leveon bell's achiles and more.

he even deliberately pushed over a camera man and his camera.

The first part sounds ******. I could care less about the cameraman thing lol. Most of those guys are scum.

The first part sounds ******. I could care less about the cameraman thing lol. Most of those guys are scum.

Not the "paparazzi" cameramen, it was one of the cameramen who is shooting the game for the broadcast. Burfict could've easily avoided it but he can't help his inner POS lol

Congratulations Vontez Burfict! I hope you're satisfied you selfish dirty thug! You should give all your money back to the Bengals.

If he was a "thug" I'm sure he would be doing more than tackling people in a game.

Didnt the Steelers have 3 timeouts left when Hill fumbled? If so, that's why he didn't go down

Wouldn't matter. They were in FG range. They could have kneeled the ball 3 times, been up by 4 and forced PIT to go 80 yards with no timeouts and only 40 second left. That's an easy win even if you have both of those roughness penalties. Cinci's coach lost the game.

any hit to the head is a foul. Why is this so hard to understand

According to the refs, Shazier's hit to Bernard was not a penalty. That was defenseless if not anything.

That game was such a disgrace that I am not sure if Burfict or Adam Jones was responsible for the last knock-out blow to A. Brown's face guard. At- any- rate, several players, particularly Burfict, meant to injure on those hits. The rules are clear as has been posted. Those guys should have been ejected and fined.

By-the-way- did any of you notice when Brown was finally helped to his feet after that last hit, Burfict walked over and placed his hand on Brown's shoulder, a gesture to which a Steelers coach/medical staff slapped away Burfict's hand! Replay the video if you missed it.

Falconsfan567 likes this

That last hit was shoulder to helmet.

That hit was a late hit. Blatantly.

That hit was with with his head lowered into the horizontal, as well as shoulders, with no attempt to use his arms and wrap up.

That hit was an attempt to hurt, injure, and maim, with the potential, intended or not.. to paralyze, and even kill.

That hit was targeted to the head area, Purposely.

IF I were the NFL Commissioner then Burfict would never play in the NFL again. I would personally make sure he is kept as far from anything related to the NFL as possible.

Jones should have been suspended indefinently for what he did to Cooper.

Cant believe yall in here talking about "thug" players being undisciplined. We have a team full of choir boys, and WE were the most undisciplined team Ive ever laid eyes on. Puleeze...

Cant believe yall in here talking about "thug" players being undisciplined. We have a team full of choir boys, and WE were the most undisciplined team Ive ever laid eyes on. Puleeze...

there's a difference between what you're talking about and what they're talking about but I get what you're saying.

According to the refs, Shazier's hit to Bernard was not a penalty. That was defenseless if not anything.

Runners cannot be considered defenseless. He caught the ball turned took 2 steps but never saw shazier coming. Now whether the hit to the head was blatant or just a bang bang play no one knows.

i like how shazier **** near killed gio bernard and was dancing on the sidelines about it and that doesn't get brought up.

yep... Shezer should get the same punishment as Burfict. two wrongs don't make a right, but if the league intends to suspend Burfict then Shezer should miss just as many, starting next Sunday. Refs ****** up on that one. That head shot was totally malicious and dirty

WilyMo has had his fair shair of fines for hits on wr's. Where was the outcry? We had plenty of late hits after the whistle this year. Heck,, we had 1 in the final game vs N.O... Was our dumb olineman called a "thug"? Just sayin..

thanat0s likes this

WilyMo has had his fair shair of fines for hits on wr's. Where was the outcry? We had plenty of late hits after the whistle this year. Heck,, we had 1 in the final game vs N.O... Was our dumb olineman called a "thug"? Just sayin..

they are Falcon players. They won't get called out on this site
zekeyboy1 likes this

This is why we aren't anything more than an NFL afterthought. Our identity is that of a pot of soggy noodles.

The hypocrisy of this subject as it relates to the league is, they celebrate and make money off showing historical greats who hit guys like that every play.

Bottom line, you can be the hammer or the nail. Our team is and always has been a nail.

zekeyboy1 likes this

The hit by Burfict could have possibly been avoided and by todays rules it's going to get called.

Adam Jones is a moron... you can't do what he did, period, even if it wasn't a huge deal.

The problem overall though was this entire game was a dirty mess. What happened on the Pittsburgh sideline was inexcusable and more should have been done about it. Shazier's hit should have been penalized as well. Helmet to helmet resulting in a KO and to say he wasn't defenseless is a long stretch. Porter was on the field helping his player, but he was getting into it verbally with the Bengal players as well.

The refs lost control of this game. No excuse for what happened at the end with Burfict and that idiot Jones, but I wonder if things would have been any different had the refs done some more things to keep things under control.

Regardless though... Burfict is Ndamukong Suh at linebacker, Pac-Man is just an idiot, and this is an ugly rivalry. Add in the refs not doing all they could do and possibly letting some other things go that should have been called.. and you get the perfect (or burfict) storm we saw last night.

Door Gunner likes this