Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Vontez Burfict

343 posts in this topic

Burfict made more plays in that single PLAYOFF game than our LB's made all year. I'll take 4 or 5 Burficts. The way some of y'all talk in here, you couldn't have stomached being a fan before all of the rule changes.

zekeyboy1 likes this

Our conversation should always be on our GM. He got us in this mess.

Dimitroff owns your soul. He has permanent residence in your head, rent free. You validate him by talking about him all the time, which means you give him more importance than he gives himself.

Dimitroff is your daddy. There's your conversation.

Sidecar Falcon and dmite like this

Burfict made more plays in that single PLAYOFF game than our LB's made all year. I'll take 4 or 5 Burficts. The way some of y'all talk in here, you couldn't have stomached being a fan before all of the rule changes.

none of that matters. The game has changed. The players from decades ago didn't know about cte. That's why those same players were suing the nfl. Burfict made a stupid decision that help cost his team a shot at winning. That's why Marvin Lewis was on him after Pittsburgh made that FG. It's about being smart.
Falconsfan567 likes this

Like his style or not, Burfict actually makes plays. He had 2 game winning plays tonight with the sack on Ben and the INT. With out those plays, the Bengals don't have a chance to kneel it down and win the game. It's not his fault the RB fumbled.

I would take 3 Burfict's over WorriSlow any day. There is a reason why our defense is considered soft and not good, because we have no toughness to begin with. Give me a Burfict, a Shazier before I see the trash the Falcons have been acquiring for the team.

You can be tough and not be a complete moron. See J.J. Watt, Luke Keuchly, ect.

none of that matters. The game has changed. The players from decades ago didn't know about cte. That's why those same players were suing the nfl. Burfict made a stupid decision that help cost his team a shot at winning. That's why Marvin Lewis was on him after Pittsburgh made that FG. It's about being smart.

Burfict did way more to help his team win than lose it. Marvin Lewis should have been all over Jeremy Hill's azz for really losing the game for them. Its funny though how certain things change opinions. Go look at the in game thread on the Bengals board. They were in absolutely in love with Burfict as they should have been, then they were wanting to cut him and calling him a bum after the hit. If it wasn't for Burfict they wouldn't have even had a shot at winning in the first place.

OK -- but he was also the reason the Bengals were even still in that game and SHOULD have been the reason they won if they simply kneeled the ball 3 times.

You're right. That's probably the thing that makes it so sad. He's clearly a great player. But he can't get out of his own way. Had I been the ref he would have been ejected long before the game was over for the way he was acting all game and things he was doing.

Say what you want about Burfict but he was the reason they were in position to win. The guy was making plays the entire game,

You cant just single Burfict out either. There were players and COACHES on both teams that were pushing the envelope.

ltstorm2 and Old Pappy falcon like this

I'd take a half dozen of him today. Right this moment. Regardless of three hours of CBS flat out cheerleading for a Steelers win, and targeting him all night as everything evil under the sun.

Our problem has always been a lack of players like that. No one is scared of a single player on our roster. In fact, I'm fairly certain they see our team as irrelevant.

The Steelers and Ravens have the same kind of players, one of whom targeted Bernard earlier and got a free pass.

Aside from being naive, you're obviously a closet Steelers fan in some fashion.

But, hey, you keep beating that nice guy drum. Meanwhile, 8 championships belong to two teams in that division who aren't nice guys.

Wouldn't take a guy likely to get ejected at any time and plays like a dumba$$ come crunch time. Wheeler was serviceable. I'd take him over someone like Burfict. Then again I'm like that with Suh too.

Burfict knocked two players out of the game and got what should have been the game winning interception. That's the kind of LB we need.

thanat0s likes this

Our conversation should always be on our GM. He got us in this mess.

Sorry bro but that just isn't anywhere close to true. Maybe we want to talk about uniforms. Maybe we want to talk about Matt Ryan. Maybe we want to talk about the schedule. Maybe we want to talk about other things without throwing Dimitroff into the conversation. It's not like there are no Dimitroff threads that you can talk about him in. You remind me of that relative that really really really hates Donald Trump so the family is around the Thanksgiving table talking about stuffing recipes and old so-n-so pipes up and says "you know who I bet hate stuffing, Donald Trump. He would try to change the way we make stuffing if he were president that worthless sack of crap!"

Regardless of the true/false nature of the statement, nobody wants to hear it.

Y'all over reacting. Game ain't played in slow mo. Dude clearly pulled up. AB never would've gotten hit in the head if he didn't scrunch up while trying to protect his ribs.

That was not a dirty, bad intentioned play. These grown men play hella fast. I get why it's a penalty..... It's strict liability, a hit to the head is a hit to the head, intent is irrelevant.

But dirty is a whole other thing

You can be tough and not be a complete moron. See J.J. Watt, Luke Keuchly, ect.

This.

But realize the people you are talking to. We get a guy like that and then cost us a game in similar fashion and surprise surprise it's all TDs fault. Again. To them everything he does and ever will do is wrong.

I understand why the refs called the penalty on Burfict, but I don't get all the trash talking about him being a selfish thug. It's unfortunate really. He lost control but it didn't look like he made the hit on purpose. His momentum carried him through. Still, the refs have to call it. I get it.

Punishing the team for the Jones shove the way they did was BS however.

the commentators were talking abou vontaze thr ehole time, even when he was just walking to the sideline, they'd still be saying what's he up to now which is pretty annoying. Kinda obvious who they wanted to win.
thanat0s likes this

the commentators were talking abou vontaze thr ehole time, even when he was just walking to the sideline, they'd still be saying what's he up to now which is pretty annoying. Kinda obvious who they wanted to win.

Exactly. Ratings next week were squarely in their sights.

Dimitroff owns your soul. He has permanent residence in your head, rent free. You validate him by talking about him all the time, which means you give him more importance than he gives himself.

Dimitroff is your daddy. There's your conversation.

I'm in your cranium. I'm your daddy son. Search your feelings. You know it to be true. Try to go a month without responding to my posts. You can't.

Dude clearly pulled up.

The only thing he CLEARLY did was smack his shoulder pad on Brown's helmet. The way I saw it was that he leaned his shoulder into Brown hoping he'd catch some of him. I know that he's moving fast and I know that slow motion makes it look like he had more time but to me if he was truly trying to avoid Brown, even if he had made contact with him, it would have been while he was diving to the side or sliding across the ground or even trying to jump over him. So after the contact you would have seen his body on a different path other than a straight line in the direction he was running.

Falconsfan567 and Jimsmusic™ like this

Burfict did way more to help his team win than lose it. Marvin Lewis should have been all over Jeremy Hill's azz for really losing the game for them. Its funny though how certain things change opinions. Go look at the in game thread on the Bengals board. They were in absolutely in love with Burfict as they should have been, then they were wanting to cut him and calling him a bum after the hit. If it wasn't for Burfict they wouldn't have even had a shot at winning in the first place.

I'm sure Marvin did get onto Jeremy. But Burfict made a costly mistake. People tend to remember those. He should have been smart. No excuses. His stupid penalty affected the outcome. This is a man that celebrated when he hurt Le'veon Bell early in the year. I'm not surprised by his stupid play.
Falconsfan567 likes this

Y'all over reacting. Game ain't played in slow mo. Dude clearly pulled up. AB never would've gotten hit in the head if he didn't scrunch up while trying to protect his ribs.

That was not a dirty, bad intentioned play. These grown men play hella fast. I get why it's a penalty..... It's strict liability, a hit to the head is a hit to the head, intent is irrelevant.

But dirty is a whole other thing

Burfict is a dirty player. And a stupid one at that. Kept his head up he could have avoided the hit
Falconsfan567 likes this

Not true. Helmet to helmet is a foul. Shoulder to helmet is not.

Let's just stop with this talk ok.

Section 2 Personal Fouls

Article 9

( Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is: (1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; and

http://www.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

Shelley#37 likes this