Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Vontez Burfict

343 posts in this topic

Congratulations Vontez Burfict! I hope you're satisfied you selfish dirty thug! You should give all your money back to the Bengals.

There's playing on the line and then there's this clown even the coaches couldn't control him.

Just has no IQ he has intensity and is tough but the top 2's yikes.He blew it along with Jeremy Hill throw in a bit of donkey Pacman Jones boom game over.

It was probably intentional watching him play before but all this "thug" stuff is played out. Find a new synonym for you know what

Agreed.

i guess Steelers oline coach is a "thug" too for grabbing that guy by his hair.. Shouldve been kicked out of the game..

That was most definitely uncalled for as well.

i like how shazier **** near killed gio bernard and was dancing on the sidelines about it and that doesn't get brought up.

I was fixin to mention that the ref that works for ESPN said that should have been a penalty. Nantz and Simms were trying to justify the hit by saying Benard is a runner but that doesn't matter in that case. No defensive player is allowed to hit with thr crown of his helmet. I still can't believe he wasn't flagged. I was screaming at my tv.

Nah true, I agree with the penalty. But the same players people revel as Warriors were praised for that type of play...so I don't consider it dirty or think dude is a thug because of it. Just wrong place wrong time type hit. Deserve the penalty, but not some type of stigma, ya feel me?

Hr shouldn't have a history or he wouldn't get called a thug. Pretty simple as that. No different than calling someone an alcoholic for multiple DUI arrests.

Let's not forget that after Burfict's INT he ran down the tunnel like the game was over. I knew he jinxed it at that moment.

That was so stupid because had he not been ruled dow. That would have been a safety for the Steelers and won them the game.

What about Shaziers helmet hit that caused a fumble- refs missed that call, then Steelers challenge the non-fumble call - win the challenge - that sucked aol the way around for Bengals.

I just wish ANYONE on our roster showed the emotion Burfict does. What do you think Burfict would've done on the Vaccaro/Ryan hit?

Probably would've gotten himself ejected

I want to be able to think that all these "problem" players can turn the page, but time and time again they always prove that a leopard cant change his spots. Sure they may be fine for a while but almost all of them have shown their true colors after a while. Is it really even worth it?

Burfict, Greg Hardy, Pacman, Gordon, Manziel, Im sure Aldon Smith is a ticking time bomb.

Like his style or not, Burfict actually makes plays. He had 2 game winning plays tonight with the sack on Ben and the INT. With out those plays, the Bengals don't have a chance to kneel it down and win the game. It's not his fault the RB fumbled.

I would take 3 Burfict's over WorriSlow any day. There is a reason why our defense is considered soft and not good, because we have no toughness to begin with. Give me a Burfict, a Shazier before I see the trash the Falcons have been acquiring for the team.

I feel sorry for a guy like Burfict. He's got money. He's got fame. He's extremely athletic, He gets to play a game he loves for a living and in spite of all that, he obviously has things in his past or present that make him act out the way he does. Most guys in the NFL are able to handle the money and fame and all that without doing things the way that guys like Burfict, Hardy, Manziel, Vick, and even Ryan Leaf do/did things. Not comparing all those guys to each other except for the fact that they can't stay out of their own way. They know the rules, they know the consequences, yet their egos or pride or whatever keeps them in trouble or hurting their team by constantly losing their cool or getting arrested doing stupid ish.

I have to imagine that they either grew up in a bad situation and weren't raised well or they are just simply not very intelligent. Maybe a combination of the two. Maybe they have an mental illness of some kind. IDK but all I know is that I feel sorry for Burfict because he obviously can't help himself and that's just sad.

I understand why the refs called the penalty on Burfict, but I don't get all the trash talking about him being a selfish thug. It's unfortunate really. He lost control but it didn't look like he made the hit on purpose. His momentum carried him through. Still, the refs have to call it. I get it.

Punishing the team for the Jones shove the way they did was BS however.

Oh check his earlier game(s) against steelers, this POS celebrated when he tore leveon bell's achiles and more.

he even deliberately pushed over a camera man and his camera.

Garbage. So ******* happy he helped lose it for his team. LMFAO at the Bengals

It would be funny if they were playing the Jaguars or the Browns but who wants to see Pittsburgh win? I'm sick of seeing the favoritism shown to Officially Approved Teams such as Pittsburgh, Dallas and Green Bay. Everyone seems to love those teams and their bandwagon jumping fans. Teams like the Bengals and Falcons are treated like mere foils to the exploits of America's Favorites.

Right now I'm thinking about those lovable Pittsburgh fans waving their yellow washrags in our stadium last year. Who would have guessed that so many people from that place would have moved to Atlanta?

Like his style or not, Burfict actually makes plays. He had 2 game winning plays tonight with the sack on Ben and the INT. With out those plays, the Bengals don't have a chance to kneel it down and win the game. It's not his fault the RB fumbled.

I would take 3 Burfict's over WorriSlow any day. There is a reason why our defense is considered soft and not good, because we have no toughness to begin with. Give me a Burfict, a Shazier before I see the trash the Falcons have been acquiring for the team.

Most of the time when a team has a player that disruptive, their shenanigans are more harmful to the organization than the positives from the plays they make. Hardy is the same kind of dude. Great player of the field but a nightmare for PR and in the locker room.

The Bengals have been LOADED with talent for years now and they aren't raising any more trophies than the Falcons. Part of the reason why is because the team is so undisciplined and stupid. Burfict made GREAT plays that should have sealed a victory for the Bengals but because he just had to give Brown a cheap shot to send a message or show the world how tough he is, he cost his team the game in the long run.

So no thank you. No Worrilow doesn't make plays like Burfict does but I'd rather lose a game because we didn't make plays than lose it because we made plays but then gave them game winning points on stupid penalties.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Oh no, we realize it. We just don't obsess over it and bring it into the conversation when the conversation isn't even close to talking about our GM.

Our conversation should always be on our GM. He got us in this mess.

Not true. Helmet to helmet is a foul. Shoulder to helmet is not.

OK. Needless targeting, unnecessary roughness on a defenceless receiver, blow to the head and neck area, pure stupidity, defending what? Dazed and confused, concussed and potentially knocked out of the game next week to boot.