Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Vontez Burfict

343 posts in this topic

It was illegal because the play was over and he hit him square in the head.

Idk I need to see the play again. Looks like he was getting ready to hit him before it was known Brown wasn't going to catch the ball.

This is a cautionary tale on what happens when you let too many problem players on a team. Here and there aren't a big deal, but when your core group becomes nothing but problem players, things like this can happen.

I understand why the refs called the penalty on Burfict, but I don't get all the trash talking about him being a selfish thug. It's unfortunate really. He lost control but it didn't look like he made the hit on purpose. His momentum carried him through. Still, the refs have to call it. I get it.

Punishing the team for the Jones shove the way they did was BS however.

I understand why the refs called the penalty on Burfict, but I don't get all the trash talking about him being a selfish thug. It's unfortunate really. He lost control but it didn't look like he made the hit on purpose. His momentum carried him through. Still, the refs have to call it. I get it.

Jones is part of the team. This logic is absolutely moronic.

Idk I need to see the play again. Looks like he was getting ready to hit him before it was known Brown wasn't going to catch the ball.

Even still, he hit him square in the head. You can't hit a defenseless receiver in the head.

you cant be serious
JDaveG likes this

What was the Jones penalty for? They haven't shown the replay.

He shoved Joey Porter as they were helping Antonio Brown to the sideline I believe.

Still a defenseless receiver if he does not make a football move or have time to protect himself.

So how is one suppose to hit receiver in mid air? I've seen plenty of shoulder hits on receivers to the head not called.

I'm guessing since he launched himself that's what should have cause the flag but I don't think that's why it was thrown.

did you watch the whole game? he was out of control more than once. Karma came back to bite them there at the end. imagine an interception with less than 2 minutes, and then fumbling it back and ending the drive with 30 yards of penalties (half by a guy the coach should have set down already) that put the other team in FG range.

poetic justice if ever there was such a thing

Because this isn't Burfict's first time doing something like this. He's got a long history of it dating back to his days at Arizona State. It's the reason he went undrafted, that and his weed problem.

Jones has made a lot of dirty plays too. He deserved the call after jawing all game. You need to shut your flipping mouth and get back to the game when the game is dependant on smart football.

For Burfict, you gotta go out of your way to avoid a dirty hit in that situation. Brown clearly had no shot at that ball and Burfict had plenty of time to avoid hitting him in the head.

So how is one suppose to hit receiver in mid air? I've seen plenty of shoulder hits on receivers to the head not called.

I'm guessing since he launched himself that's what should have cause the flag but I don't think that's why it was thrown.

Brown was not in midair. Burfict took two steps after it was clear Brown didn't catch it. And he hit him in the head. That's a flag period