Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Vontez Burfict

343 posts in this topic

Times have changed. This ain't the 70s or 80s anymore. Heck this ain't even the 90s anymore. Give me Luke Keuchly over Vontaze Burfict anyday! Keuchly will make just as many plays if not more without the dumb over the top penalties. You can enjoy dumb penalties that help lose games if you want. I'll take the winner!

Nah, I know it was just 2012 we were called "dirty"

Other than the fact that its against the rules? Like I said, sure it was fine 20 years ago because it wasn't against the rules then. But now it is. Times have changed.

Yeah, the soo called "rules" have made us even softer.

That was 2011 right before our playoff game against NYG where we literally scored 0 points on offense. The player on our line they were mainly referencing was Harvey Dahl, who was not around for our 2012 season where we made it to the NFCCG. Nice call tho bro

I know about that one also with harvey in 2011, but I also remember this being said in 2012. Tampa I believe.

Let's keep this thread alive for the few ignorant ones that said Antonio was acting when he got hit. But they are quiet now

He's clearly faking being out of the game. They're gonna throw a limas sweed jersey on him

I have no issue with burfict. That hit on Maxx Williams was pretty nasty. I'll never complain about a football player who lays wood.

I get that. At the same time these players shouldn't have any intent to maim or injure. I'm not ever saying VB did either. I actually remember when we first sign Dwight Lowery coming off of That concussion he got when Golden Tate layed him out on a blindside hit. Now, while the hit itself was probably a little unnecessary it wasn't that that bothered me. It was his attitude after the fact that kinda seemed disturbing to me. He pretended like he didn't ever know who Dwight was. I understand that it's part of the game, and I don't even hold that hit against him. That said, you don't have to be disrespectful and add insult to injury after possibly ending somebody's career or even physically damaging him for life. I guess what I'm so poorly trying to say, is that whether these guys are trying to kill eachother or not on the field, there's no reason to be a complete ***** about it and be disrespectful. Every player is one bad hit away from ending their careers or plainly even their lives. I think that should be taken seriously.

He's clearly faking being out of the game. They're gonna throw a limas sweed jersey on him

Yea He's clearly just being dramatic missing the biggest game of his life in doing so. Jones should feel like a moron.

I get that. At the same time these players shouldn't have any intent to maim or injure. I'm not ever saying VB did either. I actually remember when we first sign Dwight Lowery coming off of That concussion he got when Golden Tate layed him out on a blindside hit. Now, while the hit itself was probably a little unnecessary it wasn't that that bothered me. It was his attitude after the fact that kinda seemed disturbing to me. He pretended like he didn't ever know who Dwight was. I understand that it's part of the game, and I don't even hold that hit against him. That said, you don't have to be disrespectful and add insult to injury after possibly ending somebody's career or even physically damaging him for life. I guess what I'm so poorly trying to say, is that whether these guys are trying to kill eachother or not on the field, there's no reason to be a complete ***** about it and be disrespectful. Every player is one bad hit away from ending their careers or plainly even their lives. I think that should be taken seriously.

I just watch it for the entertainment. It comes with the game regardless of how much fans accept it. Is it ****** up. Sure. But it comes with the territory. I'm not gonna place judgement on either because I don't know what the true intent was nor do I truly want to know. I watch football to see people get their head knocked off. I don't watch for player safety. That may not be accepted but that's just me my good man

I just watch it for the entertainment. It comes with the game regardless of how much fans accept it. Is it ****** up. Sure. But it comes with the territory. I'm not gonna place judgement on either because I don't know what the true intent was nor do I truly want to know. I watch football to see people get their head knocked off. I don't watch for player safety. That may not be accepted but that's just me my good man

This is just truth. Very well said J. Whether people want to admit it or not, physical risk and intensity is a huge factor when it comes to why this sport is so wildly popular.
Old Pappy falcon and ya_boi_j like this

This is just truth. Very well said J. Whether people want to admit it or not, physical risk and intensity is a huge factor when it comes to why this sport is so wildly popular.

If the league ever turned into what Goodell is truly aiming for, it would lose popularity slowly. Football wasn't made to be soft but people get bent out of shape when things like this happen and are quick to place labels on players. Guys like me love the physicality lol
Old Pappy falcon likes this

If the league ever turned into what Goodell is truly aiming for, it would lose popularity slowly. Football wasn't made to be soft but people get bent out of shape when things like this happen and are quick to place labels on players. Guys like me love the physicality lol

It's one thing to be physical during the course of actual football players. But when you go out of your way to do things between plays that aren't football plays then that is where the problem comes it. That's my problem with Burfict. He's got a long history of doing things that aren't happening naturally during the course of plays. Look up his history. Look at things he's done that isn't football related.

It's one thing to be physical during the course of actual football players. But when you go out of your way to do things between plays that aren't football plays then that is where the problem comes it. That's my problem with Burfict. He's got a long history of doing things that aren't happening naturally during the course of plays. Look up his history. Look at things he's done that isn't football related.

I don't care about his history on the field and certainly don't care about his or any other players off field history. If you have a problem with him, that's you. I'm not telling anyone how to feel. I appreciate his physicality and others like him who love to play the game it is meant to be played
Old Pappy falcon likes this

I don't care about his history on the field and certainly don't care about his or any other players off field history. If you have a problem with him, that's you. I'm not telling anyone how to feel. I appreciate his physicality and others like him who love to play the game it is meant to be played

I hear you but there is a difference between playing on the edge and losing control I think hear I lies the difference with the way the rules are and protection of offensive players,control is a must so really physicality is negated because you have know control.

This is my issue with Burfict he won't let it go you could see in that game when Ithink DeCastro got to him early he was on EDGE the rest of the game and in the end he pretty much cost his team the game.

I hear you but there is a difference between playing on the edge and losing control I think hear I lies the difference with the way the rules are and protection of offensive players,control is a must so really physicality is negated because you have know control.

This is my issue with Burfict he won't let it go you could see in that game when Ithink DeCastro got to him early he was on EDGE the rest of the game and in the end he pretty much cost his team the game.

that's good to know. There is more that lead to that team losing on that particular night but it's easy to blame those penalties. Like I said, "I" don't have an issue and "I" enjoy that type of football. I don't know his intentions, neither does anyone else.