It's Quinn's Decision To Keep Td

gazoo

Let's all step back from the ledge and do some math here.

Fact: It's been widely reported today that it was coach Quinn's decision to keep TD.

Fact: Quinn knows way more than any person on this message board or anyone in the media of what TDs true hits and true misses have been is since 2008. Quinn knows what players Smitty championed to be here, what players TD championed, he knows all about the collaborative process we had before he got here and who pushed for specific players and so forth.

Given this fact, if certain posters are so convinced that it is a fact TD is inept and needed to be fired, they, by default, are calling Quinn and idiot for not seeing what they say is so obvious. After all, Quinn has a LOT riding on this decision, perhaps his entire career as a head coach.

So, either Quinn is an idiot for wanting an inept GM, or, those convinced TD needed to be fired are dead wrong.

Here's my answer, Quinn is no idiot.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None of us know what Quinn is or isn't. He could be the next Bill Walsh or the next Jim Mora. But after 8 years, we all know what TD is. Some believe that 8 years is more than enough to judge, while some think he's needs more time. It's nothing to get all bent out of shape for. I'm one that believes he has had more than a fair share to prove his worth. Some feel he needs more. Perhaps one is right and the is wrong. Who knows?? But no need for one side or the other, to get all bent out of shape. It is what it is. I hope I'm wrong, cause it benefits the team I've supported for 38 years. We shall see.

I was fine with him staying. Hopefully he did not leave the GMs fate entirely to the coach though it is fair to consider his opinion. No matter what all influenced the decision I feel like it was the right move all things considered. Just like I felt it was the right move to keep Shanahan. I do think Quinn and TD are tied together now and if one goes both will. With that said I do feel they will get at least 2 more seasons to get it together even if they did decide to dump Shanahan this next season. Hopefully they can all develop a chemistry and work well together. They all deserve the chance to do that and in no way do I think one season is a large enough sample size to make a determination.

So you feel you know better than Quinn who has a Super Bowl Ring.

Ok

Are you talking about the same super bowl ring wearing Quinn who said we absolutely nailed out free agent signings last season?

How did that work out for us? He said "nailed it" when clearly we did not.

Guess that ring wasn't exactly a Magic 8-ball.

Edited by TheUsualStuff

Are you talking about the same super bowl ring wearing Quinn who sailed we

absolutely nailed out free agent signings last season?

Reed? Who said that was a bust after the signing? Yep, I did. Got bashed for it by Gazoo and others.

I was fine with him staying. Hopefully he did not leave the GMs fate entirely to the coach though it is fair to consider his opinion. No matter what all influenced the decision I feel like it was the right move all things considered. Just like I felt it was the right move to keep Shanahan. I do think Quinn and TD are tied together now and if one goes both will. With that said I do feel they will get at least 2 more seasons to get it together even if they did decide to dump Shanahan this next season. Hopefully they can all develop a chemistry and work well together. They all deserve the chance to do that and in no way do I think one season is a large enough sample size to make a determination.

This is essentially my position.

In addition to that, the trend in the draft has been improvement for 3 straight years and I would have only agreed to blow things up by dumping TD if Quinn deemed it necessary. I didn't think there was a realistic chance Shanny was going anywher, pulling the plug on that would have been premature.

Asking a question is not calling anyone out.

It's all focused on other people with a different opinion, like you're trying to rub their nose in it as if you're right.

People are way too focused on other people's opinions here...we're all just fans here (well, most of us).

Are you talking about the same super bowl ring wearing Quinn who said we absolutely nailed out free agent signings last season?

Perhaps you missed the statistical comparison improvements in almost every defensive category from last year to this year. I'd say, given the fact we changed systems, we did pretty good all things considered.

But if you want to think Quinn is an idiot I think that reflects more on you than it does him.

It's all focused on other people with a different opinion, like you're trying to rub their nose in it as if you're right.

People are way too focused on other people's opinions here...we're all just fans here (well, most of us).

What do you mean as if I'm right? My position was keep TD if Quinn wanted to keep him. I was fine if he was fired if Quinn deemed that necessary. There is no being right, I simply wanted Quinn make the call becuase he knows way more than all of us.

Incidentally, this IS a message board where opinions are challenged all the time.

Perhaps you missed the statistical comparison improvements in almost every defensive category from last year to this year. I'd say, given the fact we changed systems, we did pretty good all things considered.

But if you want to think Quinn is an idiot I think that reflects more on you than it does him.

Improved the D, but destroyed the strength of the team. The offense. And I like Quinn. Just don't like TD. 8 years is enough for me.

Improved the D, but destroyed the strength of the team. The offense. And I like Quinn. Just don't like TD. 8 years is enough for me.

So Quinn destroyed the offense? Didn't have anything to do with implementing a totally new offensive scheme and ZBS that gutted the interior of our OL. It was Quinn.

Ok, I just hope you realize how foolish your point is

So Quinn destroyed the offense. Didn't have anything to do with implenting a totally new offense and. ZBS that gutted the interior of our OL.

Ok

He brought in Shannahan and decided to go against what Ryan did well for 7 years. The O needed tweaking, not a total rebuild.

What do you mean as if I'm right? My position was keep TD if Quinn wanted to keep him. I was fine if he was fired if Quinn deemed that necessary. There is no being right, I simply wanted Quinn make the call becuase he knows way more than all of us.

It seems to me that you were saying that if you wanted Dimitroff to be gone, you also think Quinn is a moron.

Don't play dumb...you know what you're doing here. I also see you've modified the original post to try to look more civil.

He brought in Shannahan and decided to go against what Ryan did well for 7 years. The O needed tweaking, not a total rebuild.

I think that's still up for debate. 8-8 is pretty good coming out of the gate in his rookie debut all things considered.

Well know much more next year. I really like what I see coming together, our arrow is straight up IMO.

I think that's still up for debate. Well know much more next year.

I do agree with that.

But I did state after Quinn ( wich I loved the Quinn hire) choose Shannahan, that it was a mistake. But next year should be the truly deciding year on that.

I do agree with that.

But I did state after Quinn ( wich I loved the Quinn hire) choose Shannahan, that it was a mistake. But next year should be the truly deciding year on that.

The offense was terribly frustrating this year but I think we could take a quantum leap next year if we get some interior OL that fit this scheme which I know we will. Another receiver whether it's a TE or WR. I did love we finally have a running game. Then, add that to a defense that I think will be even better next year, perhaps a lot better with more additions, and Quinn's second year could be well worth went we went through this year.

The offense was terribly frustrating this year but I think we could take a quantum leap next year if we get some interior OL that fit this scheme which I know we will. Another receiver whether it's a TE or WR. I did love we finally have a running game. Then, add that to a defense that I think will be even better next year, perhaps a lot better with more additions, and Quinn's second year could be well worth went we went through this year.

I hope so. I will say this,no matter what scheme we run on offense, we have to improve the quality on the OL. On the D, the pass rush. It's been my 2 biggest issues with TD over the past 8 years.