Biggest Team Needs

Simicager

Do you not know what Racist means? You just saying stuff just to say them. Quit being a SJW. Atlanta has a higher black population then most cities. #1 reason why ticket sales have gone down ever since Vick left.

I bet if Atlanta acquired Johnny football you'd just stroke out SO CLOSE but SO far lmao

I think a lot of people on this board think we have a while to go. I think the biggest need we have is a 3 down linebacker. Nowadays if you dont have a guy who can stop the run and pass, you don't have a great defense. Offensively a WR2 is the biggest issue. I like Doctson from TCU or Crabtree in FA. You can also make a case for center with Person really struggling late in the year.

The case IS the OL and not WR2, I'm sorry but that's nuts. We need to solidify the OL (interior starting with C, then G) then WR2 or TE can be addressed from an offensive standpoint. But before WR2 and TE, it HAS to be pass rush and LB for the defense.

It's kinda silly to put #2 WR as our top need in my opinion.

If the o-line can't buy the QB enough time to go through his progressions & get to the #2 WR, or buy enough time for the #2 WR to get separation, what's the point?

And as was already brought up, when your C is disrupting the timing of the plays with bad snaps & your entire scheme is based around precise timing, what's the point? That #2 isn't gonna have the ball delivered to the right spot at the right time anyway.

Consistency is HUGE in a scheme like this, and it starts with the first guy to touch the ball on every play... the center. And you really don't need someone with little to no prior experience snapping a ball in that spot either. That was a gamble that very obviously didn't pay off. We need someone who is confident, consistent, and knows what the heII they are doing at C.

It's kinda silly to put #2 WR as our top need in my opinion.

If the o-line can't buy the QB enough time to go through his progressions & get to the #2 WR, or buy enough time for the #2 WR to get separation, what's the point?

And as was already brought up, when your C is disrupting the timing of the plays with bad snaps & your entire scheme is based around precise timing, what's the point? That #2 isn't gonna have the ball delivered to the right spot at the right time anyway.

Consistency is HUGE in a scheme like this, and it starts with the first guy to touch the ball on every play... the center. And you really don't need someone with little to no prior experience snapping a ball in that spot either. That was a gamble that very obviously didn't pay off. We need someone who is confident, consistent, and knows what the heII they are doing at C.

I hear what you are saying....but....truthfully......Consistency always starts with your QB. Our QB was very inconsistent this past season, while our OL was actually better this year than it has been in the past.

Edited by Vandy

I hear what you are saying....but....truthfully......Consistency always starts with your QB. Our QB was very inconsistent this past season, while our OL was actually better this year than it has been in the past.

There were only 4 true starting QBs in the NFL this season with higher completion % than Ryan. Yeah, the INTs were more than we'd like to see, but he actually was not inconsistent.

Now imagine if he actually had more than 2 seconds to do something with the ball & wasn't taking bad snaps that were disrupting the timing of the play from the start.

So again, on offense (especially in a scheme based on precise timing) it all starts with the C.

There were only 4 true starting QBs in the NFL this season with higher completion % than Ryan. Yeah, the INTs were more than we'd like to see, but he actually was not inconsistent.

Now imagine if he actually had more than 2 seconds to do something with the ball & wasn't taking bad snaps that were disrupting the timing of the play from the start.

So again, on offense (especially in a scheme based on precise timing) it all starts with the C.

16 INTs, 89.0 QB rating is inconsistent in my book.

Two more seconds to pass would make any NFL QB look like Joe Montana...I'm so tired of people making excuses here for our QB's mediocre play the past few seasons...

I agree that the center potision need to be adressed badly.

The Falcons also need some fast and instinctive LBs along with another edge rusher.

The SS position is important as well. Having one that can patrol the mid-level and in the box (and can actually tackle) would do wonders for the Falcons defense. The Falcons need an enforcer. Same can be said for the MLB position.

Center is far and away the biggest need on this team, and it's not even a little close. Even Person and Stone's "Good" snaps were too bad for the NFL.

Working on my first Mock, And I have Misou. OC Evan Boehm 6-3, 320 for our 4th round pick, But I do think we should pick up a solid Vet to make sure the problem is solved also.... I'M SURE TD WILL CHECK MY MOCK BEFORE HE DRAFTS. emot-golfclap.gif

Working on my first Mock, And I have OC Evan Boehm 6-3, 320 for our 4th round pick, But I do think we should pick up a solid Vet to make sure the problem is solved also.... I'M SURE TD WILL CHECK MY MOCK BEFORE HE DRAFTS. :golfclap:

Keep scheme in mind. Not sure a guy of that size is going to move well enought for outside zone Shanny isnt going anywhere for now.