Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maorifalcon

Beasley Mic'd Up - Not So Effective

56 posts in this topic

He's to small to be a force at DE without help on the other side even one vs one he looks like a boy amongst men. Maybe he could flourish in a Von Miller role at OLB but that makes to much sense so we will never see it.

He's to small to be a force at DE without help on the other side even one vs one he looks like a boy amongst men. Maybe he could flourish in a Von Miller role at OLB but that makes to much sense so we will never see it.

He's not playing DE. He's a LEO. They line up in a 4-3 under, which puts him basically in a 3-4 OLB position but with his hand in the dirt. He just needs to work on technique and finishing moves. Has nothing at all to do with his size. By logic he'd still have the same issue if he was coming from a traditional 3-4 OLB spot. He'd still be the same size and would still have to battle OT's. I will say playing olb would put him in familiar territory tho position/technique wise. This season was like Ryan for him. New system and technique.

Probably going to run out of likes on this one thread. Things to note:

1. Beasley is not a typical DE. He is supposed to be light and fast. He is not out of position or too light. Just needs more technique and a DL that can at least pretend to help rushing.

2. Charisma is for con men, politicians, a stat in RPGs and getting laid. Beasley just needs to make plays and that has nothing to do with whether you want to hang out with him.

3. He ain't Sco but I actually liked him in this mic'd up. He was more animated and talkative than he is interviews.

4. Dude's arms are downright massive and coaches should hide all long sleeve shirts from him. Won't make him play better but at least he looks like he could beat the **** out of somebody.

ATL_DirtyBirds and TheFatboi like this

Needs to stop spinning and sack some QBs. Period.

Tell that to Dwight Freeney. Made a career off spinning. Rookie with 4 sacks. That's better than a lot of rookies playing a new position have done. Besides Gregory had 0 sacks so there's that.

Probably going to run out of likes on this one thread. Things to note:

1. Beasley is not a typical DE. He is supposed to be light and fast. He is not out of position or too light. Just needs more technique and a DL that can at least pretend to help rushing.

2. Charisma is for con men, politicians, a stat in RPGs and getting laid. Beasley just needs to make plays and that has nothing to do with whether you want to hang out with him.

3. He ain't Sco but I actually liked him in this mic'd up. He was more animated and talkative than he is interviews.

4. Dude's arms are downright massive and coaches should hide all long sleeve shirts from him. Won't make him play better but at least he looks like he could beat the **** out of somebody.

Exactly.

Tell that to Dwight Freeney. Made a career off spinning. Rookie with 4 sacks. That's better than a lot of rookies playing a new position have done. Besides Gregory had 0 sacks so there's that.

So now Beasley is Dwight Freeney? Uh,...ok. Smh.

lol what is this? All I know is I saw him **** talking cam and getting in his face all game and getting cam of his game, that's all I need to know.

Amen, thats edgey to me. Didnt let him cross the line on his controversial 3rd down play. When the refs say its a 1st down he can pass, thats toughness and leadership, from a rookie no less. Where was our "vet leaders" during those plays? Vic and Adams, both undersized 1st year Falcons were the ones to do it. Playoff teams have vets that lead the way

ATL_DirtyBirds likes this

Can't believe you still argue with rocks for brains.
FentayeJones likes this

We need to talk about all of our Olinemen and Dlinemen and concentrate on getting more talented on both sides.

Beasley is going to be a dam good player for this team. So who will be replaced to keep stacking up talent. We're not there yet but I have faith that Quinn will get us there.

kiwifalcon likes this

He has to get stronger and we have to stop trying to do all those stunts

Agreed. Beasley looked great against the Panthers and I didn't see him stunting too much. He just lined up outside of the tackle and kicked azz with his speed rush. TBH I did see him convert some of that speed into power a few times during that game as well.

😂😂😂 just my opinion lads, wake up to being roasted after I think he's a boring person. Just compared to Scho and bosh etc Beasley Micd up was a bore.

Can't believe you still argue with rocks for brains.

I can't help it. When I see something that's just ridiculous it bothers me and I have to just say it. Even if it reaches them or not. I at least say that one thing and don't even look to see if they replied. Lol. I just leave it at that.
kiwifalcon likes this

So screaming and hooting and hollering are "edgy"? got it.

Do people really think brash trash talking is some sort of badge of toughness?

evidently Duff man

After watching this I think Beasley lacks Charisma. He needs to get stronger too I dont think he shed a block at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXdo3HpyxOk

Bro he'll be fine he needs to add a move or 2 to his repertoire but for me all the tools are there he just has to have a good off season and keep working get rehabbed.

His jump off the edge is next level and if we keep improving the talent around him I think Beasley can be a star.

I don't think he was saying anything about him as a player, I think he was just saying that he thought his micd up segment was boring. I could be wrong though.

I think this kid can grow into something special....but I feel that he's just a little undersized for a DE. I think LB will suit him better.

Beasley didn't even play much LEO this season I don't think. We had Kroy lined up at LEO on early downs and Beasley almost only came on the field in our pass rush packages, and lined up exclusively over the RT, nothing to do with lining up opposite strong side like a 3 down LEO. He was just a situational pass rusher, I imagine in the future (depending on FA acquisitions), he will eventually play LEO and be a 3 down guy