Quinn For Gm

Quinn needs to establish a Dynasty (yes a capitalized D) here before I'd consider such a move and I had such say-so. I'd say that we are seeing a lot of Quinns boys as I am sure TD's only serious role was making sure the Falcon filter was enforced and that he could make a team friendly contract within the cap.

PS: I think TD stays for the reason above.

Edited by Monolith2001

I would be opposed, only because I can't remember the last time it actually worked. It's a lot more to being a GM than picking players. You have to oversee and run the scouting department year round, you have to deal with cap, cap projections, contracts, budgets... and then you have to handle your coaching duties. And Quinn is a just a first year coach. That's a lot to load on a guy who has never sat in the big chair before at any level.

A partnership with someone who gets his vision is ideal, but a formal GM isn't necessary. You could have a player personnel guy, and a cap guy to handle the particulars while the HC operates without a middle man between him and the owner. Marvin Lewis has operated like that for a while and re-built that roster the way he wanted. Cincinnati hasn't ever had a formal GM that I can remember. I think New England operated like that at one point.

I would be opposed, only because I can't remember the last time it actually worked. It's a lot more to being a GM than picking players. You have to oversee and run the scouting department year round, you have to deal with cap, cap projections, contracts, budgets... and then you have to handle your coaching duties. And Quinn is a just a first year coach. That's a lot to load on a guy who has never sat in the big chair before at any level.

A partnership with someone who gets his vision is ideal, but a formal GM isn't necessary. You could have a player personnel guy, and a cap guy to handle the particulars while the HC operates without a middle man between him and the owner. Marvin Lewis has operated like that for a while and re-built that roster the way he wanted. Cincinnati hasn't ever had a formal GM that I can remember. I think New England operated like that at one point.

I think New England still does under Belichick

Yes with hits like Mike Person, Brooks Reid, Phillip Adams, Jalen Collins. all Quinn influenced picks.

No. Dan Reeves lost his job here because he wanted total control, Chip Kelly just did as well in Philly.

Bad idea.

To be fair it let's not look at the draft picks and just go by free agent 'wins.' Signings that were clearly good moves/upgrades.

Maybe Jacob Tamme?

If last years draft was anything to go by I leave it alone for the most part we got a good influx of talent give it another year see what happens,nothing to lose in my books.

add this years highly offensive offensive line into the equation. I mean seriously, cutting a guy who winds up starting for another team, picking up a new LG 6 days before the first game, putting a guy at starting center who not only had never played center before, also had never managed to stick with a team at his own position........

just say no to quinn as GM

It did not work in Philly but it did work in Seattle.

It works in NE as well.

That said those are the exception and not the rule.

I agree it would be a bad idea.

Besides the fans would run out of scapegoats...............we can't have that!!

Well, its like we have both said. There is no one way for something to work out so yeah, you have a point. Screw these babies bro! IDC anything about these silly "opinions".

Well, its like we have both said. There is no one way for something to work out so yeah, you have a point. Screw these babies bro! IDC anything about these silly "opinions".

No doubt there is more than 1 way to win.

Personally I like having a couple hands in the pot with it.... a nice check and balance is IMO the best way.

No doubt there is more than 1 way to win.

Personally I like having a couple hands in the pot with it.... a nice check and balance is IMO the best way.

And a GM is far more than a glorified scout the way the boards think. You have to have that fresh outlook too. If not then you get a team of clones and as you know it doesn't work. The best OL's have guys who are very different as well as LB corps.