"i Knew He Was Running The Angle Route" - Sanford

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that players get paid millions to study film, right?

Sometimes they're going to know what is being ran. That is part of it.

Any time a route is jumped for a pick clearly the corner or whoever intercepts knew what was coming....

I just can't recall any time in previous years defenders saying this so frequently when it came to key plays that ended up being essentially the "losing play." Just tired of hearing it already about Kyle's offense.

The defender knowing the route spmetimes has nothing to do with the coordinator, maybe inthis instance the db who isa professional knows routes and how the are set up, and maybe the qb checking down half a hundred times helped, and kudos to the db for watching ryan stare at the rb for 3 or 4 secs helped a little....

No matter whathappens you are hail bent on blaming shanny for this mess, he has his part in it I guess , but the qb who is the highest paid on the team has to be held accountable for horrendous play. Not the freakin coordinator.

The defender knowing the route spmetimes has nothing to do with the coordinator, maybe inthis instance the db who isa professional knows routes and how the are set up, and maybe the qb checking down half a hundred times helped, and kudos to the db for watching ryan stare at the rb for 3 or 4 secs helped a little....

No matter whathappens you are hail bent on blaming shanny for this mess, he has his part in it I guess , but the qb who is the highest paid on the team has to be held accountable for horrendous play. Not the freakin coordinator.

It was a terrible throw, no reason to try to thread the needle right there. The call was bad, the execution was bad. Matt/Kyle together is a problem, both of them equally. Matt is a fantastic QB just not in this system, imo. I hate them both together. I love individually and am impartial to Kyle, but they just don't seem to be a great combo. Unfortunately we're likely stuck with Kyle, though he'd be a helluva lot easier to replace than Matt.

You know that players get paid millions to study film, right?

Sometimes they're going to know what is being ran. That is part of it.

Any time a route is jumped for a pick clearly the corner or whoever intercepts knew what was coming....

You know coordinators get paid millions to have good plays, right?

When has it ever been said this many times in one aeason that the opposition KNEW what was coming

Also, another thing I noticed on that play. Sanford's initial steps looked like he was supposed to be the flat defender... I.E. it looked like a zone, which is what I think Matt could have read there, meaning Sanford shouldn't have been there at all. Matt was late on the throw, but I didn't like the design of that play. You don't see those routes by running backs bracketed usually because there's something outside threatening the cone defender.

However you dice it, it was a great play by Sanford.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead

When has it ever been said this many times in one aeason that the opposition KNEW what was coming

Knowing a ROUTE and knowing a PLAY are two totally different things.

If you cannot differentiate that I'm probably not going to listen when you start talking about plays and play calling.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/media-center/videos/Jamarca-Sanford-talks-about-his-late-INT/9c4a733c-b722-4e6a-b698-ad703c74f7e2

Yet another game losing play where the defender knew EXACTLY what we were doing.

How exactly did Quinn have trouble scheming against Kyle as a DC? Seems no one else has trouble knowing our exact plays.

The problem wasn't that he knew the route. The problem is matt had Roddy on a go route in single coverage with a step on his man and didn't go THERE. Has nothing to do with shanahan. The playcall could've produced a big gain if Matt hits his big play receiver in single coverage. I bet Russell Wilson would've gone deep in that situation and Ridgers, Brees, Eli, Brady, Romo. It had nothing to do with shanahan. It was the decision by our qb to go to freeman.

Roddy was open in single coverage deep. Our qb made the wrong decision. That's not on shanahan no matter how much y'all want it to be. I was screaming got him as soon as I saw what I thought was Julio open from the stands. Matt went to free instead and game over. Had nothing to do with play call. Film study will tell players what tenancies a team will have in a situation. It simply just came down to the decision to go to free.

Knowing a ROUTE and knowing a PLAY are two totally different things.

If you cannot differentiate that I'm probably not going to listen when you start talking about plays and play calling.

The route is part of the play. They both coincide.

Fact is there have been too many instances this year where defenses have said they knew what was coming.

I dont ever recall that happening before.

Julio was open in single coverage deep. Our qb made the wrong decision. That's not on shanahan no matter how much y'all want it to be. I was screaming got him as soon as I saw Julio open from the stands. Matt went to free instead and game over. Had nothing to do with play call. Film study will tell players what tenancies a team will have in a situation. It simply just came down to the decision to go to free.

Our QB has often been described as 'robotic' and easy to read. He constantly stares down defenders and we want to blame shanny for being the predictable one? This place is unreal.

The problem wasn't that he knew the route. The problem is may had Julio on a go route in single coverage with a step on his man and didn't go THERE. Has nothing to do with shanahan. The playcall could've produced a big gain if Matt hits his big play receiver in single coverage. I bet Russell Wilson would've gone deep in that situation and Ridgers, Brees, Eli, Brady, Romo. It had nothing to do with shanahan. It was the decision by our qb to go to freeman.

Its that simple +1

They don't hear u Fatboi...its everybody's fault but MR.

Staring him down 3 or 4 seconds huh? You are truly brain dead.

The problem wasn't that he knew the route. The problem is may had Julio on a go route in single coverage with a step on his man and didn't go THERE. Has nothing to do with shanahan. The playcall could've produced a big gain if Matt hits his big play receiver in single coverage. I bet Russell Wilson would've gone deep in that situation and Ridgers, Brees, Eli, Brady, Romo. It had nothing to do with shanahan. It was the decision by our qb to go to freeman.

thank you sir......your next round is on me!

Only in here would people blame the coordinator for not going to the right receiver, throwing late, under throwing, or flat out staring the reciever down....this a 8 year vet, thats not supposed to happen, I used to argue with people who said matt wasnt elite but looking at this cat closely and comparing him with truley elite qbs he comes up way way short.... infact the only way to win with him is to have a top 3 defense, which prolly will not happen with him killing the cap the way he is.... his play doesnt warrant 100 mill period.

Does this change the fact that matt is robotic and stares at receivers thus being very predictable?

Do you ever see him look defenders off? I've seen rookies do it with success this year.

Matt is good at reading a defense, but he is NOT good at manipulating one.

I dont think this is true at all.

Asante Samuel told it...tried to even enlighten Ryan to his wayward tendencies.

Keep thinking MR ain't a problem...predictable tendencies.

MR was figured out this year.

LOL. 8 years in and they finally cracked the code?

Yikes.