Who Are Your Favorite Ilb Prospects?

MSalmon

Jack looks great but he'll go early I think. Not sure he's an inside backer, but a fantastic talent.

Smith got hurt bad. Excellent backer that could play inside or out. TBH even upgrading at WLB would be an improvement. We aren't very stacked in that area of defense

Peter King was talking Smith up this year. It'll be interesting to see if he jumps. If he does, that could be a serious value opportunity...especially if we pop back from 17 to the mid 20s.

I agree, all of our LBs need upgrading. But man do we ever need a guy who can come in and make a difference in the middle. That would help so much.

Peter King was talking Smith up this year. It'll be interesting to see if he jumps. If he does, that could be a serious value opportunity...especially if we pop back from 17 to the mid 20s.

I agree, all of our LBs need upgrading. But man do we ever need a guy who can come in and make a difference in the middle. That would help so much.

Would you draft smith if you had to redshirt him? He's a fantastic talent

Jack would be a dynamic addition whether he's outside or inside. It'll be interesting to see where he falls. Guess it depends on run on OTs,,QBs, and edge rushers

I also like Carl Nassib at our pick for a base DE and Maketivich and Scooby Wright are interesting second round possibilities

One kid that I really love is Skai Moore...kinda lean, so don't know if he's a SS or WLB..but excellent range

Would you draft smith if you had to redshirt him? He's a fantastic talent

Jack would be a dynamic addition whether he's outside or inside. It'll be interesting to see where he falls. Guess it depends on run on OTs,,QBs, and edge rushers

I also like Carl Nassib at our pick for a base DE and Maketivich and Scooby Wright are interesting second round possibilities

One kid that I really love is Skai Moore...kinda lean, so don't know if he's a SS or WLB..but excellent range

If I dropped down a bit and picked up an extra pick? Yeah, I probably would. (Again, assuming I like what I see on tape).

From what I've seen from the draft folks I respect, this year's class is a strong LB class. That's encouraging. Because we need at least two young LBs.

Coming out of the draft, I'd like to see that we've added two LBs, another DE, another secondary player, and a WR/move TE. But that will obviously change after FA and after I get a sense of whats on the draft market.

If I dropped down a bit and picked up an extra pick? Yeah, I probably would. (Again, assuming I like what I see on tape).

From what I've seen from the draft folks I respect, this year's class is a strong LB class. That's encouraging. Because we need at least two young LBs.

Coming out of the draft, I'd like to see that we've added two LBs, another DE, another secondary player, and a WR/move TE. But that will obviously change after FA and after I get a sense of whats on the draft market.

I'd do that. I like his tape. It's a decent LB draft--strong IMO is the wrong word. Some have athleticism, some size but few put it all together. But I do think Smith and Quinn knows the type backers they need

I pretty much see the same needs as you..safety might be an area, but reaching is not smart

A base DE drafted, a couple of young athletic LBs and that a good draft.

I think that I would go FA on WR and/or TE. Get Sanu maybe. A prospect WR or a first rounder on one is quite the gamble. Rather a proven guy to take Roddy's spot

Im not as high on Ragland as some of ya'll.

Im not as high on Ragland as some of ya'll.

I don't think he's Ray Lewis...maybe a small drop off from CJ Moseley, but a good backer that hits hard, is instinctual, good in coverage. He might be a jerod mayo type of lunch pail backer

Hope and pray Jaylon Smith falls to us at #17...I don't think the knee injury will be as big of a deal as others/most on these boards or around league circles...

Jaylon is hands down, the best athlete in this draft class. He played all three LB positions while at Notre Dame. What is going to help is that Notre Dame had so may injuries and sucked so bad in the secondary that VanGorder used him almost exclusively in coverage all year. Leave no doubt, Jaylon can rush the passer from the outside, play coverage LB on TEs and RBs...He is the best athlete and playmaker in this draft...you take him...Ragland is a Bama product with how many other 1-2 round players around him? Jack isn't in the same zip code as Jaylon...

You pick Jaylon as the "Queen" chess piece of this defense...

Hope and pray Jaylon Smith falls to us at #17...I don't think the knee injury will be as big of a deal as others/most on these boards or around league circles...

Jaylon is hands down, the best athlete in this draft class. He played all three LB positions while at Notre Dame. What is going to help is that Notre Dame had so may injuries and sucked so bad in the secondary that VanGorder used him almost exclusively in coverage all year. Leave no doubt, Jaylon can rush the passer from the outside, play coverage LB on TEs and RBs...He is the best athlete and playmaker in this draft...you take him...Ragland is a Bama product with how many other 1-2 round players around him? Jack isn't in the same zip code as Jaylon...

I want Smith bad, man.. I actually think he's going to slip to our pick because he'll need to be redshirted all next season, and I would be ok taking him, I like him that much. Now of course this depends on how his knee checks out, multiple torn ligaments can be a problem and if the docs aren't sure about the recovery I wouldn't take the risk

I watched Smith a bunch this year and think he'd be a good pickup, but saying he's the best athlete in this draft is a stretch, imho. I actually think Jack is the better athlete, and in a foot race I have no doubt Jack is faster although either would be a big improvement over the current squad.

Smith is a great coverage linebacker, but if you've watched him all that much, you'll see he gets trucked the bigger back. Just saying....

Have you watched Corey Davis from Western Michigan at all? I think he could be special and I'm pretty high on him. Just curious what you think of him.

I'm a fan. He's an athletic guy who can make some great catches. Would love to see him opposite Julio.

I watched Smith a bunch this year and think he'd be a good pickup, but saying he's the best athlete in this draft is a stretch, imho. I actually think Jack is the better athlete, and in a foot race I have no doubt Jack is faster although either would be a big improvement over the current squad.

Smith is a great coverage linebacker, but if you've watched him all that much, you'll see he gets trucked the bigger back. Just saying....

It will be interesting to see Jack compete in drills, etc. in the spring. It is rumored he is a 4.4 guy, so curious to see how he runs...

I'm a fan. He's an athletic guy who can make some great catches. Would love to see him opposite Julio.

Yeah I have been watching a lot of his games lately and he is just a very smooth athlete. Can get seperation in a hurry and he has some nice length. Has made some incredible catches in his career but also has dropped some easy passes (most WR have this issue).

It will be interesting to see Jack compete in drills, etc. in the spring. It is rumored he is a 4.4 guy, so curious to see how he runs...

I'll be interested as well. Seeing him live he sure passes the eye test for speed. He looks fast on tape, but live he just seems to be at a different level.

His type of knee injury shouldn't effect his speed.