Way Too Quiet At Flowery Branch

Nono

O'Brien is in the second year of his system. they just starting to find their rhythm and once they get their QB figured out they'll be better. they got a very good line, a stud WR and a solid RB. they defense starting to click too. I figure year two, the turnovers will be way down and the defense will get a little tighter. we could easily do a whole lot better next season, but since it's us and looking at the opponents next year we're already doomed lol

That's why I've been saying. In year one in a totally new system you're gonna have some issues. I expect that to way better next season.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really the to's were close to about where we always are. The real thing was the scoring was down. 16 int's is in Matt territory. That wasn't off by his standards. The wr's usually fumble about 2 times a year. Julio was stripped and we may have had another one from them. The rb's fumbled a little more than we usually do but overall we weren't that far off from what we normally do. The scorning was off tho due to Redzone turnovers.

Are you serious? T/O's were about the same? If that's true, then it's hard to get my head around that. Redzone crapfest no doubt.

We never fixed any of it all year. I hold both the players and coaches equally responsible. Horrid.

Really the to's were close to about where we always are. The real thing was the scoring was down. 16 int's is in Matt territory. That wasn't off by his standards. The wr's usually fumble about 2 times a year. Julio was stripped and we may have had another one from them. The rb's fumbled a little more than we usually do but overall we weren't that far off from what we normally do. The scorning was off tho due to Redzone turnovers.

Timing is everything. And the timing and location of our turnovers this year was absolutely horrid. It legitimately took dozens off points off the board.

The players need to take responsibility for that for sure, but theres a certain level of randomness in a lot of those miscues. My hope is that another offseason of work will take care of some of those execution issues.

The Browns hired Paul DePodesta to essentially run the team. They hired a guy with no football background whatsoever (he was last with the Mets and is a former Beane/Moneyball guy).

Man...the Browns are just the worst, but yeah let's copy what they do.

the Browns have had 5 head coaches in the last 10 years. all the other teams in that division have had one. they don't even allow the team to develop an identity with a coach before it's off to the next one

Are you serious? T/O's were about the same? If that's true, then it's hard to get my head around that. Redzone crapfest no doubt.

We never fixed any of it all year. I hold both the players and coaches equally responsible. Horrid.

Turnovers may have been been just slightly higher than our average but Matt was on par with his usual TO numbers. He only threw 16 but his td numbers were down. He's usually right at 2:1 which means he at least should've thrown 32 TD's but he lead the league in Redzone int's which was 6 I think. If those are td's he'd have 27 td's and 10 int's which would fall in line with his usual 2:1 ratio and we'd more than likely won those games. It'll clean up tho. I'm certain.

Timing is everything. And the timing and location of our turnovers this year was absolutely horrid. It legitimately took dozens off points off the board.

The players need to take responsibility for that for sure, but theres a certain level of randomness in a lot of those miscues. My hope is that another offseason of work will take care of some of those execution issues.

Precisely. Turnovers are THE stat that separates NFL teams.

Here are the top 5 teams in turnover margin:

Carolina (+20)!!!!!

KC. (+14)

Cincinnati (+11)

Arizona (+9)

New England (+7)

Here are the bottom 5:

Cleveland (-9)

Jax (-10)

Tennessee (-14)

Baltimore (-14)

Dallas (-22)

Not a coincidence. Also a good reason to bet heavy on Carolina and Kansas City crashing back to earth next year

P.S.-- Falcons finished -7

I agree 100% Larry. I've been hard on Matt this season but I also know he's a fierce competitor and he'll tackle this system. It's his character. I expect another year in the system and the ship will be righted. We were already better as a team than the last 2 years so that's a positive I'm taking from this season. After all it could've been worse.

First it doesn't matter about then. Teams get hot at the right time. And as for wash yes I was impressed when we played them. They were still tough missing key players on both offense and defense. If that does t impress than you just turned a blind eye. Kirk Cousins had his coming out game to me. Even before the "YOU LIKE THAT" game. I've liked cousins better than RG3 since their rookie season. Houston just had the wrong QB starting and when they fixed that they got hot. Hoyer lit us up when he got in the game. It was against our backups but still lit is up.

yeah, it is a boring topic - I don't really care.....you guys can win this argument - if it makes everyone feel better that we beat three playoff teams - bully for you guys!

Precisely. Turnovers are THE stat that separates NFL teams.

Here are the top 5 teams in turnover margin:

Carolina (+20)!!!!!

KC. (+14)

Cincinnati (+11)

Arizona (+9)

New England (+7)

Here are the bottom 5:

Cleveland (-9)

Jax (-10)

Tennessee (-14)

Baltimore (-14)

Dallas (-22)

Not a coincidence. Also a good reason to bet heavy on Carolina and Kansas City crashing back to earth next year

P.S.-- Falcons finished -7

And that's why I've been saying all year the only issue that really killed us is we were +8 during 5-0 and -5 during the losses. It was really simple while everybody was racking their brains trying to blame this or that. It simply was the self inflicting wounds that killed us during the slide. Even in the last game we lost the turnover battle +1 NO -1 Atl.

yeah, it is a boring topic - I don't really care.....you guys can win this argument - if it makes everyone feel better that we beat three playoff teams - bully for you guys!

It's not about winning bro. We're on the same team. I was just saying you can't say a team that is actually in the playoffs doesn't count because in actuality they do. I don't think any opponent of these teams will be taking them lightly in the playoffs because they have a better record. And I would t doubt if they upset at least one team. Or I wouldn't be surprised is a better phrase.

A few more facts: the Falcons were one of two teams to finish .500 or better and have a negative turnover margin. The other was Denver (-4).

The Giants (+6) Rams (+5) and Saints (+2) were the only losing teams to finish with a positive TO margin.

The Falcons tied for third in giveaways (30), with Indy and Cleveland. Only Denver and Philadelphia had more

A few more facts: the Falcons were one of two teams to finish .500 or better and have a negative turnover margin. The other was Denver (-4).

The Giants (+6) Rams (+5) and Saints (+2) were the only losing teams to finish with a positive TO margin.

The Falcons tied for third in giveaways (30), with Indy and Cleveland. Only Denver and Philadelphia had more

Denver with a negative turnover margin....wow. Did not know that.