Julio Is A Beast, But Ryan Is A Bum?

wartownfalcon

You people are idiots. Who do you think gets Julio the ball? Ryan has had a "down" year sure, but has it really been that bad of a year? Key fumbles by other players and bad snaps leading to fumbles are what really killed us this year. Glad it's over and moving on to next year. No Quinn had a year under his belt and had a full offseason

Ryan is not a bum, he an above average but not elite QB that doesn't fit in mike shamahan's offense. We need to spread the ball out, that would seriously help mr2. 136 passes going to the same reciever with 200 targets is seriously excessive. We need to rid of shammy.

Not everyone thinks he's a bum or is terrible. He will never be elite though. He is average at best and remember he's not young anymore his best days could be behind him.

There is no such thing as "elite". It's an arbitrary distinction made up by analysts and sports writers, and their own definition and rankings change week to week, season to season.

This is basically true unless you penalize JJ for missing games.

JJ came into the league with suspect hands and an injury history....but some parts of TATF love the trade for him.

Ryan ain't a bum, but not anywhere near good enough to warrant the sacrifice for JJ...the truth just so happens to keep revealing itself.

Anyone loving the JJ deal, but complaining about the Oline and defense...they need their heads checked.

Falcons and especially MR were never one wr away from anything significant.

JJ came into the league with suspect hands and an injury history....but some parts of TATF love the trade for him.

Ryan ain't a bum, but not anywhere near good enough to warrant the sacrifice for JJ...the truth just so happens to keep revealing itself.

Anyone loving the JJ deal, but complaining about the Oline and defense...they need their heads checked.

so youre complaining about having julio jones? well done

so youre complaining about having julio jones? well done

Yes! Particularly since MR is the franchise QB...it was all on display this season.

JJ was healthy....8-8 with the schedule.

Our red zone woes were led by MR this year...is it not obvious?

Do you not see the issue with sacrificing picks for a wr and a QB that needs so much more...this season signed sealed and delivered the complaints against the JJ deal.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, and I'll be flamed for putting it out there. Matt Ryan will be missed when he's not here. I've been through the Joey Harrington and the Tony Graziani days. Things can be a lot worse.

I agree with the statement above...Matt is playing average - right now, he's not a bum.

There will be a day that each and every one of you will be wishing we had a QB like Ryan.

Edited by Since1990

I know this is an unpopular opinion, and I'll be flamed for putting it out there. Matt Ryan will be missed when he's not here. I've been through the Joey Harrington and the Tony Graziani days. Things can be a lot worse.

I agree with the statement above...Matt is playing average - right now, he's not a bum.

There will be a day that each and every one of you will be wishing we had a QB like Ryan.

Don't forget Kurt Kittner and Doug Johnson during Vick's injury year. It was so bad it got Reeves fired.

you have a point, but at the same time it's pointless.

Yes we gave up a lot of picks for Julio, but TD also had a chance to rectify the problem HE created by hitting on his picks after Julio.

Lamar Holmes, konz, hawley we're all misses. If we hit on t hi does players nonone is talking about the Julio trade anymore.

Julio did not hamper this team, missing on the numerous other picks before, during, and after the trade did.

You're 100% right, but a large portion of our fanbase will always blame that trade for our current struggles rather than picks like Peter Konz, Lamar Holmes, Akeem Dent, and Mike Johnson who were all 2nd or 3rd rounders in 2010-2012 and never contributed anything positive. The cognitive dissonance required to accuse Dimitroff of being a ****** GM while claiming that we'd be so much better if he just had more draft picks to work with is absolutely astonishing.