Hankerson Was Garbage.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I'd like to bring in Jones or Sanu, whichever one Cincinnati lets go.

Brian Quick would also be an intriguing option. He's never played with a solid QB and could shine with so much attention focused on Julio.

I'd also take a flier on Josh Gordon if he is reinstated. The risk is worth the reward if he can get his mind right. Being around prove vets like Julio and Roddy could really help with that. Plus, he has a little experience in Shanahan's scheme.

Travis Benjamin would also be a nice add as a deep threat, but I think the Browns will re-sign him.

Benjamin is extremely underrated IMO. If he went to a team where a real NFL QB resided, he'd be a tough matchup for almost anyone. The league won't underrate him and he'd be too expensive.

There have been so many good WRs drafted the last couple of years, the glut has driven the FA price for veterans down. No way can teams keep all these WRs, so we -should- be able to find a decent WR in FA. In fact WR is becoming like RB, they are out there if you look. No need to spend high draft picks on the position, not with so many needs elsewhere.

I agree and would keep him. But he isnt a young dude, and we should try to bring in a game breaker athletic TE as well. Would love to get a Eifert/Kelce/Ertz type in here.

I would love to as well but Tamme is only 30. Has a good 4 to 5 good productive years left. Only type I want is a gronk type but I know that probably won't happen

I think Hardy looks good as does Williams, and I think Roddy gets to finish out his contract. I know many say that Julio is the only one open, but I don't really believe that.

Improve our OL, and you'll see the passing game open up. We have far better receiving talent than we have with the OL. Look at the good teams and you'll see good OL talent and okay receivers.

Toilolo, Tamme, and draft another TE.

NT Soliai was put on IR, today, and TE Tialivea was added to the 53 man roster. I'd be o.k. with keeping Tamme, Toilolo and Tialivea for next year, instead of wasting a draft pick on a TE ---unless of course, a good one just fell right into our lap in the later rounds..... besides, I'd like to see what Tialivea can do, provided he can earn a roster spot. He's like 6'4", and 260 lbs --- the perfect size for a big TE.

We don't need two #1's. What we need is a gameplan where Julio isn't the first target on every play that he's in the game. We need to leverage the threat that he poses to get other receivers open.

If we're looking to acquire talent for the offense, we need to address the line, first and foremost. Anyone who doesn't see that we need a Center in the worst way possible simply isn't paying attention. It wouldn't hurt in the slightest to grab a respectable NFL guard as well.

Hardy will be fine in the slot and may eventually unseat Roddy. Roddy will continue to be fine as the #2 provided we actually figure him into the gameplan. I would think that this goes without saying after his performance over the past few weeks. We can use late round picks to acquire depth/developmental WR talent, and one of such players should be someone that has the speed to take the top off of a defense. For far too long, Julio has been our only deep receiving threat, and we really need to address that.

If there's one, "talent," position that we need to address, it's TE. We haven't had a real TE threat since Gonzo left. If we want to diversify the offense, we need a TE who can hit the seam and hurt people when they try to contain Julio and Freeman. Outside of a decent line, that's the one piece that our offense has been lacking.

I think ole butterfingers was the reason Roddy was put on the back burner this season. Roddy has showed in the last few weeks he can still make big catches in traffic!

I'd like to know the point where people were convinced Roddy couldn't get the job done anymore. He has never shown obvious signs of slippage to me, other than not a much ability to separate. But he has never had to rely on separation. He has always been an across the middle warrior that catches anything in traffic.

Hankerson was not garbage. He just wasn't (and never was going to be) a #2 receiver and that is on KS for trying to force him to be one. Roddy was ignored most of the season but look what happened when we got him involved (not that three straight crap)...Roddy has been huge for us. Hardy spent most of the season on the bench (maybe he really wasn't ready...have my doubts). Tamme was another guy who was heavily used one game and then completely invisible the next. Some of that is what the D covered but a lot of it was pure choice.

Edit: I also would love to have Sanu but I think the chances are similar to our playoff chances prior to Sunday night Vikes.

Well I think the only reason Hankerson was brought in for insurance while we learned this offense. IMO Hankerson was never expected to be a long term solution but just someone that would hopefully help fill a void while our WRs and QB got this system and the timing down. If he did manage to finally get it all together and stay healthy that would have been a big bonus but I do not think it was ever expected.