I got a random call from a person I used to work with back when I first started going to college. She said she was looking for "go-getters" to help her out on this thing she's working on that is a blend of "Facebook and Amazon." Amused, I heard her out. A whole lot of empty talk of how big everything will be, how I will own my own business and not have to work for anyone, etc. She finally puts me on the phone with this woman who wants me to come out to the Perimeter Mall for some "private presentation" tomorrow night. I couldn't get a last name, information about who would be speaking, etc. I finally asked for a linkedin or a website, and she gave me this website called http://www.core2cam.biz.

Kick in Internet detective mode:

core2cam -> About Us -> 6784728277 -> Hitesh Chudasama -> New Platinum/Atlanta E-Biz -> Amway

Amway being a giant MLM pyramid scheme. How they are still a legal entity is beyond me.

MLMs function is not all bad. If you wanted to start your own business, it could cost a lot. MLMs have low barriers to entry and not all are bad. Be careful with businesses where the primary PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL of income is membership. And if you are turned off by people making money off you, stop working your job

Amway is the biggest legal scam in this country. It's shocking how many people I thought were reasonably intelligent fell for this **** and tried to share the success with me. They always blahed on and on about all the money being made and how the suckers not taking advantage of this opportunity would live to regret it. Then they got back in their pos car and drove back to their cheap apartments full of Amway detergent and floor cleaner, but it was cool because they "were buying from themselves".

I honestly feel bad for the people they take advantage of. Amway is a ******* shitstain of a "business" and I hope there is a special place in **** for the ******* preying on the dreams of those they con into joining it.

MLMs function is not all bad. If you wanted to start your own business, it could cost a lot. MLMs have low barriers to entry and not all are bad. Be careful with businesses where the primary PIRATED VIDEO IS ILLEGAL of income is membership. And if you are turned off by people making money off you, stop working your job

I'm turned off by pyramid schemes. The vast vast majority of the people who get roped into that nonsense never make a dime, and those that do end up pulling less than minimum wage. It sells false hope.

I am in one for helping people with their credit. Once you understand how the game is played, it's pretty screwed up.

I used to hate MLMs until I saw "Rise of the entrepreneur"

I think that the MLM model is ok. The trouble comes when groups like many of the Amway systems prey on gullible people. I was recruited very hard by some Amway people when I was in my twenties. They were convinced that I would make them a mint. My problem was that the product they were selling was a house of cards. If they were actually selling soap, I would have felt better about the whole deal. But, that was not where they made their money. The money was all made off of seminars. They had a weekly meeting that people paid to attend. The 'hosts' would make rake in a nice take each week. Also, the up line people would set up stores to sell books and tapes. Then semi annually there would be a yuuuge rally somewhere like Philly that would fill a stadium. They would be selling ties, suits, tapes, you name it. It was just a big event business.

The suckers were all buying into this idea that the 'producers' were making money off of selling products, when they were taking money out of their down lines pockets. The MLM model is not actually a pyramid, but the game that they run on people is just that. I noticed that the people who supposedly were successful at Amway were people who had some success already. Doctors, Sales executives, high ranking government people seemed to be the ones who did best.

This is what I told my friends. They thought, because I am smart and a good salesman that I would naturally be a good Amway distributer. I told then that I don't have what those people are selling. These guys pull in some poor shleps driveway in a hundred and twenty thousand dollar car wearing a five thousand dollar suit and say "Hey, follow me and I teach you how to make a lot of money." I was a twenty something bartender going to school to be an IT tech. I drove a ten year old honda accord with the door held on by tie wire. Who is gonna buy that guy knowing how to make millions?

Plus they got mad at me whenI told them they needed to stop trying to help their people succeed and start figuring out how to get all of their peoples extra money if they wanted to make the big time.

Yeah... An MLM propaganda flick. The average person who engages in that stuff makes less than 3 grand a year and fail within the first.

I doubt that they even do that well. In my experience, the average person dumped three grand in the first year. Most of them never actually net anything they are the revenue source like gym memberships or first year college students.

Yeah... An MLM propaganda flick. The average person who engages in that stuff makes less than 3 grand a year and fail within the first.

most are sold a false bill of sale. It can replace income if you work it. It's not magic. Imagine the amount of money lost if you wanted to open a brick and mortar and you failed.

He also wants you to invest in high fee funds.

As long as you are not going into debt it's cool. I personally think the credit game is insane. Your debt is paid off if you default by insurance(with interest) and then the paid off debt is then sold off for pennies on the dollar. Then you are harassed for a debt you don't owe anymore and if you wanted to pay the original company back, they can't take the money because they have been paid.

Yeah I tangented, but that bothers me that it is legal.