No Losing Season This Year.

8-8 or 9-7 with a top 20 pick in the draft.

A lot of people talked about this teams talent being average at best. Well peeps... DQ really made the most out of a bunch of average players. If this weeks game was any indication then get ready because the future is so bright I have to wear shades.

Our first rounder in Beasley is showing up with a sack and strip to end the game.

Alford was a lot better with big hits.

Hageman and Stupar came up big as well.

We have a lot of pieces that will continue to improve. I could see a turn around as soon as next season from 8-8 or 9-7 to 11-5 man.

Go Falcons! Here's to beating the saints and a killer offseason boys!

I can say I'm happy they improved this season. I just hate being a middle of the road team. I hope next year they can make the playoffs.

Middle of the road was an actual improvement from the past two years. It's a step in the right direction. The Falcons were one or two bad breaks from looking at ten wins.

Honestly, I'd have taken 8-8 before the season.

However, admittedly after a 5-0 start it would ultimately be disappointing. It's certainly improvement, year one with new coaches and schemes, one draft and one off season, it was always going to take longer than the first season.

I was cautiously optimistic that the division would be close but Carolina screwed that up. A non-losing season is something the team can build on.

Lets not forget that we were competitive in EVERY game this year, besides the first matchup with the Panthers. The reason we lost those games were because of our offense. It looks like Kyle is really letting Matt take the reigns and Matt is looking more and more comfortable--and that shows. Let's upgrade personnel in the offseason and watch what year 2 brings us

8-8 is better than Pete Carroll did his first year back with the Seahawks. He went 7-9 twice before developing a perennially winning team. I think next year we'll be in the 9-7 range again and the year after we'll be winning again, just in time for the new stadium.

Carrol didn't have a decent QB; we do. We should be 10-6 this year realistically. We gave away a game simply due to our own miscues. I'll leave it there since we won a few by miscues of other teams so Ill call them a wash. Still, 10-6 is a major improvement.

The biggest benefit I see from this season is our glaring weaknesses at interior OL and LB. Fix those two and I can see us a double digit win team regularly. Good luck and a solid offseason with additional PR and TE with the aforementioned pieces and I could see a playoff run. Assuming all else status quo with that multitude of players acquired/upgraded

Edited by dothan_birdman

Honestly, I'd have taken 8-8 before the season.

However, admittedly after a 5-0 start it would ultimately be disappointing. It's certainly improvement, year one with new coaches and schemes, one draft and one off season, it was always going to take longer than the first season.

I was cautiously optimistic that the division would be close but Carolina screwed that up. A non-losing season is something the team can build on.

The thing that makes it disappointing would be the way we won and lost, not necessarily the record.

If we won 8 spread out through the regular season record, then it seems normal.

But this way gives false hope. Lol