Vikes Win, We Need To Sit Ryan & Others

Aries2887

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An Acl tear or Mcl Tear, broken leg... I can go on and on... any of those will result mid season come back... not worth it with Ryan taking massive hits today.

This isn't 1978. Even a lig tear wouldn't mean mid season return at best unless it was pretty catastrophic, and the chance of that are minimal. You certainly don't coach a team that way. The real risk of injury is overwhelmingly short term and that's why you sit players in the playoffs are coming up, but you certainly don't do it here.

We've already got a disappointed fan base, so we end the season by rewarding the season ticket holders with the B team and a guaranteed loss to the hated Saints?

That is just nuts.

Thank God I'm not an English teach or I would flunk your butt in a heartbeat! This was so painful to read.

I'm actually an English Major, Journalism, Computer Programming and Interior Design are my majors (yep Triple Majored, 10 years of College). Even high school and College teaches you, unless this is a formal letter, Polished work or Graded/paid Paper, you do not need to speak, type, or write formal... Lol... this is a Forum full of Blogs and made for "Chat". Chat is realistically mentioned to be brief. As a Verb it means, talk in a friendly and informal way and as a noun it means an informal conversation. My phone does not auto correct... I don't need it to... Journalism actually discourages it... I'm a multiple Hotel and Motel owner in Atlanta. I use Formal writing all day don't need to be graded by people that Just sit on a forum all day. I'm sure there would be more punctuation and proper Grammer in my posts if I was sitting on a computer in my Office or at home. I shouldn't even need to defend myself on a forum about a Football team. Regardless of the way I'm essentially texting. SMH... Some people must have to much time on there hands huh. Edited by Aries2887

I'M A SEASON TICKET HOLDER... HAVE BEEN FOR 10 YEARS AND COUNTING... NOT GOING TO MISS A GAME BECAUSE THEY DECIDE TO SIT OUR 200 MIL QB BECAUSE OUR OLINE LET'S HIM GET HIT 20+ TIMES A GAME... I GO TO GAMES TO WATCH THE TEAM PLAY... WILL BE GOING NEXT SUNDAY TO SEE YALL THERE :)

*edit 100 mil

Edited by Aries2887

img1.png

Although I can believe you work at a hotel. You certainly have no experience playing or coaching football!

I don't work at A HOTEL... My occupation is Multi-Business and Home owner. I did not ever say I was a coach... I Have Played 1 year of College Football... I just didn't pursue that direction. I played FS and Nickel. Just My Stint was in 98'. Not Boasting just trying to say... I wouldnt judge you or anyone and jump to conclusions. That's all.

An Acl tear or Mcl Tear, broken leg... I can go on and on... any of those will result mid season come back... not worth it with Ryan taking massive hits today.

What.

By this logic let's just hold out Matt Ryan until week 1 next year. Let him sit out training camp and preseason, heck, let's sit him out during practice.

Oooooor instead of being complete *******, maybe we could opt for letting Matt get one more game of the new offensive system, which he has struggled mightily to adapt to all year, under his belt against our most hated division rivals who have humiliated us constantly during the last 7 seasons and let Drew Brees's tenure as a Saint end in failure.

I know which scenario I'd pick.

Edited by Dr Long Shot

Falcons need to put together another sharp performance and beat the Stains. I am not one for "moral victories" but this means more for Quinn and the leaders of our team to build on - the middle of this season was so awful - we need to erase as much stank as we can and winning our last three games would help that cause and will make the season at least a mild success - although disappointing overall.

Seems like you do believe in moral victories then.

I could not disagree more.

Ryan has been looking a lot more comfortable in the last two weeks but he needs all of the live reps in this offense that he can get.He should not be giving any game reps to Renfree who will probably not even be on the team next year.

Freeman is 20 yards away from 1000 - he needs to play.

Besides - this game is against the freakin Saints - there is no way you sit players.

Nothing against Ryan.... I don't want to absolutely sit him but let's face it.... Ryan was battered today and pulled it up... we saw a Ryan today that we've been missing since week 7.... I would rather be safe then sorry. With the Vies win... we are Officially out of the Playoffs... I'm not saying Tank the last game I would rather the win to carry it over to the next year... but We don't want Ryan hurt... we need him healthy working on his footwork and this scheme.... same for Vic, Julio, and Tru.... these guys need to end the season healthy. A winning season would be great and reflecting on Dan Reaves 97 2 98 seasons ending in the loss of super bowl 33... We could very well be in great position next year. But the question is... should we risk our Starters against a team that won't have Brees or Payton next year?

I mean... let's face it, it takes a while to nab a franchise QB.... Matt Ryan IS not going anywhere... Brees.... probably will retire. I'm not looking at the Draft... Just next season with what we have now... Im sorry I just don't see any reason to play them tomorrow. We came out and made the statement... I think we saw a team today that was complete... minus the Oline.... the center is horrible everyone will probably agree with that... but I honestly think we should grab a WR with our 1st draft pick.... Roddy will probably retire and I hope he does instead of being cut... the Guy deserves it... Shanny kinda skreed him this year.. we kinda went down hill when he announced that he announced Julio was his only game plan... and that he's not going to make plays for the other WRs... he's probably the only reason where missing the playoffs this tear... his play calling sucked...

This is a loser mentality. That's about as simple as it gets.

If you sit our $100 Million QB, then why the heck did you pay him all that money for? The ticket prices and concession prices the fans are charged are affected by his salary.

I guess it's the Super Bowl or bust crowd that wants to sit him. The fact is, this is a product they are selling and the fans need to get what they paid for. You play to win the game. Herm Edwards never said a truer statement.

Imagine going to Ruth's Chris and they decide to serve you a Golden Corral quality steak. Would you be happy?

I don't work at A HOTEL... My occupation is Multi-Business and Home owner. I did not ever say I was a coach... I Have Played 1 year of College Football... I just didn't pursue that direction. I played FS and Nickel. Just My Stint was in 98'. Not Boasting just trying to say... I wouldnt judge you or anyone and jump to conclusions. That's all.

lol wut?

I don't know a single person who supposedly writes using proper business English all day every day and then goes into 12 year old internet garbage speak on a message board. You played FS and Nickel? lol you know "nickel" isn't an actual position.. it's when an extra free safety or cornerback comes into the game giving you 5 DB's on passing downs. Plus no one who has ever played sports at a competitive level would say sit Matt Ryan and your other stars in this situation.

I know I'm "jumping to conclusions" here, but you jump to the conclusion that the evidence points to, and I'm still throwing the BS flag on this one.

Regardless... it doesn't seem anyone agrees with you about it being time to sit our starters. My bet is the Falcons organization won't agree either. Probably because it's a terrible idea. I think 99.9 percent of actual season ticket holders would be extremely angry if they showed up next week and saw we were sitting Ryan and Julio. That's just crazy.

Thank god you're not coaching the team. Sit our best guys against our most hated rival? They are still playing for a winning season, pride and respect.

If DQ or anybody else on this team goes out there with fear of injury, which they can't control, then they need to move on to another team.

Edited by cryates