Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WhenFalconsWin

Panthers' Perfect Season Ends In Loss To Falcons...

31 posts in this topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000610083/article/panthers-perfect-season-ends-in-loss-to-falcons

This was not a fluke performance for the Falcons (8-7). They left nine points on the field with a third-down drop from Julio Jones, a shanked field goal from Shayne Graham and an errant snap recovered by Josh Norman. Matt Ryan and Roddy White came through with their best performances of the season while Julio Jones produced the play of the game, out-jumping Luke Kuechly and Kurt Coleman for a 70-yard touchdown. Grimacing through an early-game rib injury, Ryan withstood a handful of drops to win the time of possession battle and out-gain the Panthers, 373 yards to 268.

I thought DQ was vindicated today...his philosophy and approach.

DQ needed this win.

Agreed, we all needed this win. We can go into next season with renewed confidence with this regime!

Gotta admit I was a Falcons fan for a day this past weekend, and bet big on them. Seems like every time one NFL team gets blown out by another, if those two teams meet up again, especially within a short amount of time, it's rarely another blowout, in fact, I don't remember a team getting blown out twice off the top of my head.

Funny reading all the Panthers comments about how great this was for the team and some even said they were hoping to get a loss before playoffs. Ok, I'm so sure at 16-0 there would have been some unhappy panther fans complaining they didn't get the loss, sure.

The past few games against some currently sub par teams (saints, Giants, and Falcons) , that undefeated Panthers team had their hands full and easily were within a play of losing all 3 of those games. I think they may have peaked a bit too early, they may want to hope they face another 3rd string QB in playoffs again.