I Love This Matt Ryan

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more passes in the 15 - 20 yard range. with the exception of the drops he was putting the ball right in the numbers all day, except for the pass that was a little low to Free but Free still shoulda caught that

That snatch over Luke was classic Randy Moss. I would go deep more to Julio to keep safeties honest and open up the 20 yard passes even more for Roddy and company.

That snatch over Luke was classic Randy Moss. I would go deep more to Julio to keep safeties honest and open up the 20 yard passes even more for Roddy and company.

agreed. today made me see that we should sign Roddy to a hometown deal to let him retire a Falcon and just add a better Hankerson. we should keep Nick Williams too since he can also return punts and kickoffs. with Free being a mini beast and hopefully Coleman get over the yips, we could end up Arizona 2.0

agreed. today made me see that we should sign Roddy to a hometown deal to let him retire a Falcon and just add a better Hankerson. we should keep Nick Williams too since he can also return punts and kickoffs. with Free being a mini beast and hopefully Coleman get over the yips, we could end up Arizona 2.0

The Falcons have a better Hankerson already. His name is Justin Hardy!

Roddy can still be a productive #3, if we would have featured him this year like we have the last couple of games he would have had around 800-900 yards this season and we would probably be comfortably in the playoffs.

As for Matt every QB will have stretches where he struggles but since most Falcons fans don't know ish about the NFL outside of the highlights they watch on ESPN they are ignorant of that. Two years ago everyone was saying Tom Brady was done after a horrid first four games, Ben Roethlisberger has had more than one season worse than this years' version of Matt Ryan, not to mention the consistant struggles of Cam Newton until this season. Aaron Rodgers has been worse than Ryan the last month but all the Ryan haters who constantly point to Rodgers as a pillar of great QB play seem to conveniently ignore that.

Only in Atlanta do people disregard one of the best statistical careers from a QB in his first eight seasons because he struggled for six games in a stretch that included just some of the following:

1) some of the worst playcalling from an OC in our teams' history.

2) three-four abysmal snaps from shotgun per game,

3) no running game (or a refusal to run the ball),

4) a gameplan that features only one WR on 90% of the play calls

5) constant pressure up the middle game in and game out.

Matt is a baller, and as long as we continue to stay balanced to alleviate the pass rush, and spread it around to some other WRs outside of Julio like we have the last couple of games. Matt will go back to being a top 5 QB in the NFL like he has been for virtually the entirety of his first 7 season in the league.

As for Matt every QB will have stretches where he struggles but since most Falcons fans don't know ish about the NFL outside of the highlights they watch on ESPN they are ignorant of that. Two years ago everyone was saying Tom Brady was done after a horrid first four games, Ben Roethlisberger has had more than one season worse than this years' version of Matt Ryan, not to mention the consistant struggles of Cam Newton until this season. Aaron Rodgers has been worse than Ryan the last month but all the Ryan haters who constantly point to Rodgers as a pillar of great QB play seem to conveniently ignore that.

Carson Palmer is a perfect example. me personally, I'm not a fan but dude is having a spectacular season and he's been written off a few times

Carson Palmer is a perfect example. me personally, I'm not a fan but dude is having a spectacular season and he's been written off a few times

Before this year Carson Palmer's best season was not much better than this years version of Matt Ryan. Even the Trolls have been spoiled by constantly good QB play year after year, they are just too ignorant to appreciate it.

Roddy can still be a productive #3, if we would have featured him this year like we have the last couple of games he would have had around 800-900 yards this season and we would probably be comfortably in the playoffs.

Only in Atlanta do people disregard one of the best statistical careers from a QB in his first eight seasons because he struggled for six games in a stretch that included just some of the following:

1) some of the worst playcalling from an OC in our teams' history.

2) three-four abysmal snaps from shotgun per game,

3) no running game (or a refusal to run the ball),

4) a gameplan that features only one WR on 90% of the play calls

5) constant pressure up the middle game in and game out.

Matt is a baller, and as long as we continue to stay balanced to alleviate the pass rush, and spread it around to some other WRs outside of Julio like we have the last couple of games. Matt will go back to being a top 5 QB in the NFL like he has been for virtually the entirety of his first 7 season in the league.

MR is a sometime baller and all real Falcon fans know this...we missed the p/o because of him.

This win didn't exonerate MR, but holds him responsible...for missing the p/o.

It was a must win for MR/DQ...going forward. Fans had to have this win.

He was very good yesterday, IMO. A bit more zip on the passes. Better escapability.

He was much more accurate over the middle as well. Made a lot of money on throws that haven't been going well for most of the year.

I hope he finishes out the season with another solid performance. That'll give me faith that he just had an off year.