Update On Dimitroff For 2016

Here is the deal people. This is TD's last year on his contract. So basically Blank didn't fire him with Smitty so that he could play out his contract so to speak.

Here is where DQ comes in. We were the last team to hire a HC. But before he was hired it was reported that DQ wanted George Paton as his GM from working with him in the past. But because Blank wasn't gonna fire TD before his contract was up, DQ had no other choice but to come in and act as if he just loves working with TD. And he may like working with him but I think he wants to work with Paton more.

And looking at TD's track record since 08 everybody sees he has not put enough talent on this team. Everybody says give him one more year, I think this is his one more year from Blank. Contract is up and I believe Paton is the man going forward.

You honestly believe that Blank would not fire TD because he had a year left on his contract at probably $4mm? Blank wipes his azz with that many bills a yr.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with your point about Nolan/Smitty, although it's hard to understand how Nolan led to the OL problems. But it's not just about the draft. This team has been more miss than hit when it comes to FA, and saving up money to then sit on it and roll it over to the next season so it can then go unspent...that seems more like a GM move, than a HC move.

p.s. - it's the drafts in 2011-2013 that are killing this team right now. Maybe Smitty and Nolan are the villains of this tragedy, and TD is innocent.

If you look at the OL problems this year, you can't hang the bulk of that that on Dimitroff. We had Hawley, Blalock and Asamoah manning the interior until we switched to a ZBS that didn't fit them. Shraeder and Mathews are very good OTs, and Mathews I expect to be a perennial Pro Bowler.

Matter of fact, I think our OL woes could be largely corrected by adding a very good FA center and above average OG.

If you look at the OL problems this year, you can't hang the bulk of that that on Dimitroff. We had Hawley, Blalock and Asamoah manning the interior until we switched to a ZBS that didn't fit them. Shraeder and Mathews are very good OTs, and Mathews I expect to be a perennial Pro Bowler.

Matter of fact, I think our OL woes could be largely corrected by adding a very good FA center and above average OG.

Blalock was garbage in 2013/2014 and was living off reputation. Halwey was NEVER good. I will grant you Asamoah - so 1-of-3 - if thiz were baseball that would be a good average (.333) but this is football.

Try again.

95% of the people on this forum and all of the experts loved the 2015 draft...

100% of the TD detractors loved the the 2015 draft citing its strength was based on the reorganization of the front office.

Now they insist we blow it all up while blaming TD for getting Smitty and Nolan exactly what they said they needed and an OL that was actually fine until we cut Hawley, Asamoah and Blalock while switching to ZBS this offseason.

It makes no sense whatsoever that we had the best draft we've had in years and one of the very best drafts of any team in 2015 that we now blow up the front office and change everything. It makes much more sense to do exactly as we did last year while we switch out pieces of the old schemes that no longer fit and restock roster with players who will fit the new offensive and defensive schemes.

100% of the TD detractors loved the the 2015 draft citing its strength was based on the reorganization of the front office.

Now they insist we blow it all up while blaming TD for getting Smitty and Nolan exactly what they said they needed and an OL that was actually fine until we cut Hawley, Asamoah and Blalock while switching to ZBS this offseason.

It makes no sense whatsoever that we had the best draft we've had in years and one of the very best drafts of any team in 2015 that we now blow up the front office and change everything. It makes much more sense to do exactly as we did last year while we switch out pieces of the old schemes that no longer fit and restock roster with players who will fit the new offensive and defensive schemes.

This is the same front office that brought you Rashede Hageman and Dez Southward. This is the same GM that has drafted a total of ONE good offensive lineman (#7 overall pick) in 8yrs.

This is same GM(+ Pioli) that brought us Paul Soliai, Tyson Jackson. This is the sameGM + Pioli that ignored offensive line in 2015 draft and brought us Jalen Collins.

I agree the 2015 draft was a down pmt on the future but you are acting like it was fantastic - the 2015 draft does not look as good today as it did back in May - granted, it is early.

Gazoo, your whole basis for bringing TD/Pioli back is the 2015 draft - but that draft is unproven - by a longshot!!!

I thought AJ Cann would have been a great pick for Falcons in 2015 draft (instead of Collins). Cann has locked down starting OG spot in Jacksonville and has done a great job.

I know hindsight is 20/20 and I did think Collins was intriguing pick but Cann was a much safer pick with a higher chance for success - the fact that it was a more needed position was just a bonus.

I thought AJ Cann would have been a great pick for Falcons in 2015 draft (instead of Collins). Cann has locked down starting OG spot in Jacksonville and has done a great job.

I know hindsight is 20/20 and I did think Collins was intriguing pick but Cann was a much safer pick with a higher chance for success - the fact that it was a more needed position was just a bonus.

How was it a higher chance of success? And you do 500 mocks a year. You want literally everybody at some point.

Youre going to fire a GM for not hitting on 2nd thru 4th rounders? Good luck ever finding a GM you'd be happy with. That's more about player development than anything. You think elite talents are just sitting there in those rounds? No. They're built by coaches usually.

Development by coaches is important but some players are natural born talented athletes and a few of them on your roster can't hurt.

The only thing I can look forward too anymore from this hapless franchise is seeing people fired in the useless hope that somehow, someday a miracle will occur in Atlanta, and we will actually become a real NFL franchise. We almost did it in 2008.

I just want a sacrificial lamb to appease the Deity of Mediocrity, Dimi is only one left to walk the plank.

Make it happen Arthur.

How was it a higher chance of success? And you do 500 mocks a year. You want literally everybody at some point.

I do about 5 mocks per year and don't throw my first one out until late February of each yr. Go to "NFL Draft & FA" forum, you won't find one mock from me for 2016.

As far as higher level of success, Cann was a much more finished player than Collins (who was not even a starter for much of his career). Collins has potential but he is a high side/shoot the moon gamble - much like Hageman. High ceiling/low floor guys.

I actually like drafting high ceiling/low floor guys in rounds 4, 5, 6 & 7, but not in early rounds - especially not in rounds 1& 2. This should be easy for you to comprehend.

Enlighten me again about how good the 2015 draft was? I see a DE who is the size of a free saftey getting pushed around the field. I see a second round pick that was so bad he can't get back on the field...during a rebuild and I see a 3rd round pick that is a fumble machine and various other issues are arising with him. Count this detractor as someone who HATED our draft because I HATED the first 2 selections.

Edited by Keith 3:16

The thing about this is:

TD has already lost some of his power as GM. Quinn has roster control and will build it how he sees fit. If he and the coaches liked working with TD and think they can fix the roster with TD, they will proceed with TD.

The difference is the coaches aren't acting like they are flush with talent to try and not step on TD's toes. They hit the offseason last year out of the park, but it wasn't ever going to get us back to the postseason or in contention for anything. Only the fans think this roster could be fixed in one offseason. This always was going to be a multi-year fix.

If TD is gone, good luck to him in the future. That doesn't change that Quinn will get his pieces on defense and Kyle the pieces on offense to win, regardless of the GM.

But you, Fatboi, Gazoo and many others said we didn't have a talent problem. Said Smitty just played our talented roster out of position. Are you changing that tune now?

This is the same front office that brought you Rashede Hageman and Dez Southward. This is the same GM that has drafted a total of ONE good offensive lineman (#7 overall pick) in 8yrs.

This is same GM(+ Pioli) that brought us Paul Soliai, Tyson Jackson. This is the sameGM + Pioli that ignored offensive line in 2015 draft and brought us Jalen Collins.

I agree the 2015 draft was a down pmt on the future but you are acting like it was fantastic - the 2015 draft does not look as good today as it did back in May - granted, it is early.

Gazoo, your whole basis for bringing TD/Pioli back is the 2015 draft - but that draft is unproven - by a longshot!!!

The premise of your argument is false. TD does not just pick whoever he wants to come here therefore 100% of any personnel problem is 100% his fault as you continue to base your arguments off of.

For instance, We all know TD wanted to improve the pass rush but ceded to the desires of Nolan and Smitty to beef up the interior of the defense. If TD had done exactly what he wanted he would have brought in pass rushers.

Until you are willing to acknowledge this universal truth that we have a collaborative front office and coaching staff and that TD is not going to bring any player in here his coaching staff does want your arguments will remain invalid.

The premise of your argument is false. TD does not just pick whoever he wants to come here therefore 100% of any personnel problem is 100% his fault as you continue to base your arguments off of.

For instance, We all know TD wanted to improve the pass rush but ceded to the desires of Nolan and Smitty to beef up the interior of the defense. If TD had done exactly what he wanted he would have brought in pass rushers.

Until you are willing to acknowledge this universal truth that we have a collaborative front office and coaching staff and that TD is not going to bring any player in here his coaching staff does want your arguments will remain invalid.

The universal truth was that TD's azz was on the line in 2014 because of the state of the roster - he realized his plan was not working so he let the coaches dictate more of the strategy in Soliai/TyJax and Hageman pick - but people like you use those three moves as cover for Dimitroff's entire tenure - and this is a FALSE defense on Dimitroff's tenure because you try to extrapolate those three moves over his tenure when Dimitroff was unfettered for the other 7 years where he ceded not an inch on who he wanted to draft.

So, bottom-line, your Dimitroff defense on his horrible performance does not hold water. You get a concession from me for Soliai, TyJax and Hageman - that is it - but that is not enough to save his job.