Shanahan's Guys?

Falconsfan567

Every offensive player that we brought in this year that sucks (Hankerson, Person, ect.) every ****** and says that the only reason they are here is because Shanahan wanted them. Where does this line of thinking come from? I realize that for some reason the Kyle Shanahan hate is strong on here but it's seriously approach Matt Ryan territory in that all the Falcons problems are blamed on him, no matter how stupid they may be.

Every offensive player that we brought in this year that sucks (Hankerson, Person, ect.) every ****** and says that the only reason they are here is because Shanahan wanted them. Where does this line of thinking come from? I realize that for some reason the Kyle Shanahan hate is strong on here but it's seriously approach Matt Ryan territory in that all the Falcons problems are blamed on him, no matter how stupid they may be.

Well it is pretty obvious they are/where here due to the system.

Do you think we sign Hankerson if we kept Koetter? I don't

Not sure I follow what it is you're saying.

I'm asking what is the deal with the blaming Shanahan for every single problem with our offense? Shanahan didn't pick the players all by himself. Dan Quinn had to sign off on the players if he truly has control over the final 53-man roster. Thomas Dimitroff and Scott Pioli pulled the actual strings to bring the players to Atlanta. It was a collaborated effort to bring said players to Atlanta. But because folks for some strange reason have this irrational hate for Shanahan he's getting 100% of the blame for said players being here. It's nearly gotten to the same level as Matt Ryan getting 100% of the blame for all of the Falcons losses no matter how they happen.

Well it is pretty obvious they are/where here due to the system.

Do you think we sign Hankerson if we kept Koetter? I don't

I think Hankerson was signed because the Falcons needed a WR and they took a chance on him. They didn't just sign him because of Shanahan. Sure that helped but that wasn't the only reason he was signed.

I think it’s fair to assume that Hank, Nick Williams and Chester were brought in because of scheme familiarity in a transition year and not necessarily part of the long term plans since they were only on one year deals. If I was a new offensive coordinator I would want some guys familiar with the scheme signed also.

I think it’s fair to assume that Hank, Nick Williams and Chester were brought in because of scheme familiarity in a transition year and not necessarily part of the long term plans since they were only on one year deals. If I was a new offensive coordinator I would want some guys familiar with the scheme signed also.

That's fair to say. But that still doesn't answer the question of why the Kyle Shanahan blame is through the roof on here! He's not the reason the Falcons offense has been total **** this year. It's a total team effort as to why the offense has been total **** this year!

I don't blame Shanahan completely, I blame them all. I do however think a large portion of it falls on Shanahan mainly because he and his scheme are the added variables into the equation that is our offense this year. Before the changes we were one way, after we are are another. I honestly don't know how anyone can look at it and not come away that.

My problem with Shanahan is not his system or his judgment of the type players best suited for it ... it's his insistence, upon arriving, that his system be fully implemented requiring the "re -training" of an established and accomplished Qb and the 'devil take the hindmost' attitude.

His alternative was to use, with Matt's input, those things that Matt did well in the previous system and gradually transition to his system as Matt acclimated,and better suited players were acquired. It was always going to be a 1-2 year process, but because of his ego and arrogance(which what I despise)he has greatly contributed to a collapsed season and likely added at least a year to the "comeback" process.

He probably realizes what he has done to this team offensively, even offering a 'mea culpa' a few weeks ago, but I doubt that he is any less convinced that he knows best no matter what anyone else thinks. He will likely be retained one more year because Quinn doesn't want 'egg on his face', but if there is not significant improvement in the team's performance next year, Blank will clean house.

I don't blame Shanahan completely, I blame them all. I do however think a large portion of it falls on Shanahan mainly because he and his scheme are the added variables into the equation that is our offense this year. Before the changes we were one way, after we are are another. I honestly don't know how anyone can look at it and not come away that.

We didn't have Levitre, Person and Chester starting on our OL last year either. That's the biggest issue I see. Matt Ryan is shell shocked because he doesn't trust the guy's up front. Even last year when our OL was terrible at least we still had Hawley for a good part of the year and Ryan trusted Hawley. He doesn't trust Person. That's the way I see it. It wouldn't matter if Koetter was still here or not because they wouldn't be able to fix Ryan either.

Shanny probably had influence over the acquisition of some of the players. Even if he didn't, he had full control of the coordination of the abomination that was our offense this year. He deserves most of the blame for the pass happiness, butchered red zone play calling and 14.3 ppg during our 0-6 collapse. State Line.

We didn't have Levitre, Person and Chester starting on our OL last year either. That's the biggest issue I see. Matt Ryan is shell shocked because he doesn't trust the guy's up front. Even last year when our OL was terrible at least we still had Hawley for a good part of the year and Ryan trusted Hawley. He doesn't trust Person. That's the way I see it. It wouldn't matter if Koetter was still here or not because they wouldn't be able to fix Ryan either.

Prior to this year, Ryan knew where the weak spots were on the line were and where to expect the breakdown to be. This year, the whole line seems to be porous and Matty Ice doesn't know where to focus his "avoidance" attention. I feel like that is why he hasn't looked that good this season.

It all starts at center. Person is awful. We signed Gradowski and had Stone come back from last year where he was not awful. Yet every week we see Person. I know Stone is gone and he struggled mightily but what is wrong with Gradowski. Is he really so awful that he snaps worse than Person? The most basic thing a center does is snap the ball. He has trouble with that. Meanwhile Gradowski sits.

I don't think this team signs another center. They seem pretty set on Person, why else would they keep him there.

This⬆⬆⬆

I don't know how anyone can NOT look at this year and the offensive decline and not come away with the same conclusion.

That's fair to say. But that still doesn't answer the question of why the Kyle Shanahan blame is through the roof on here! He's not the reason the Falcons offense has been total **** this year. It's a total team effort as to why the offense has been total **** this year!

He is the OC, I'd 100 percent put the performance of that side on him and his cute play calling

He is the OC, I'd 100 percent put the performance of that side on him and his cute play calling

It's not that simply though. That's the issue the folks here have. They want everything to be so simplistic and it's just not the way things work.

Play calling has nothing to do with Mike Person rolling the ball back to Matt Ryan on the ground.

Play calling has nothing to do with Patrick DiMarco knocking the ball loose from Matt Ryan.

Play calling has nothing to do with James Stone snapping the ball into his own nuts when Matt Ryan is in the shotgun.

Play calling has nothing to do with Andy Levitre getting owned by Kawaan Short.

Play calling has nothing to do with Terron Ward being called for a penalty because he kicked a guy in the face mask.

Play calling has nothing to do with Matt Bryant hitting the upright on his field goal attempt.

Play calling has nothing to do with Matt Ryan throwing interceptions straight to defensive players.

Play calling has nothing to do with Leonard Hankerson dropping perfect passes that hit him right in the hands.

I could go on and on and on of things that have happened this year that folks are blaming on Kyle Shanahan that he has absolutely no control over. But Shanahan is the new scapecoat.

It's not that simply though. That's the issue the folks here have. They want everything to be so simplistic and it's just not the way things work.

Play calling has nothing to do with Mike Person rolling the ball back to Matt Ryan on the ground.

Play calling has nothing to do with Patrick DiMarco knocking the ball loose from Matt Ryan.

Play calling has nothing to do with James Stone snapping the ball into his own nuts when Matt Ryan is in the shotgun.

Play calling has nothing to do with Andy Levitre getting owned by Kawaan Short.

Play calling has nothing to do with Terron Ward being called for a penalty because he kicked a guy in the face mask.

Play calling has nothing to do with Matt Bryant hitting the upright on his field goal attempt.

Play calling has nothing to do with Matt Ryan throwing interceptions straight to defensive players.

Play calling has nothing to do with Leonard Hankerson dropping perfect passes that hit him right in the hands.

I could go on and on and on of things that have happened this year that folks are blaming on Kyle Shanahan that he has absolutely no control over. But Shanahan is the new scapecoat.

He is a coach

He chooses who is in on what play

He knows players strengths and short comings

Granted mistakes happen he should be driving this offense faster than its pedestrian pace

Julio just said in an interview the other day that they need to execute better. Ryan says it all the time. Shanahan and Quinn say it. NFL players say it every week. Sammy Watkins just said the other day in an interview that "Players play and coaches coach. We need to execute better".

How people do not understand this is beyond me. Such a simple and logical thought process.

I do believe Shanahan is the main reason we brought in those guys, but when have we had a coach where we didn't bring in his guys? With Mike Smith we used to bring in a crap ton of Jags. Rams sign players that we have let go because Les Snead is there. The Jags have signed guys from here because Dave Caldwell is there. Its just how things go. Tampa Bay signed Joe Hawley because he played for Koetter when he was here and now Koetter is in Tampa.

Because Shanahan is the devil.

He is a coach

He chooses who is in on what play

He knows players strengths and short comings

Granted mistakes happen he should be driving this offense faster than its pedestrian pace

LOL! Alright dude. So it's all Shanahan's fault? That is as stupid as it being Matt Ryan's fault that the Falcons defense didn't force the Packers to punt one single time in the 2010 playoff game. It's totally absurd.