Dont Expect Coaching Changes Any Time Soon

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TD may be done but those wanting Shanny gone (and I have been a critic my self) u just don't fire a new oc after one year. It's a new system and takes time to learn plus u gotta give him basically 3 yrs by default, kinda like a probationary period at any other job. So hate it or leave it, Shanny will be here the next 2 yrs.

That is just an assumption are your part. It may be true with the Falcons. It may not. Most OC's are given more than a year because unless they totally suck, they are given time. Given the fact that this offense seems grief stricken when it comes to the endzone may accelerate Shanny getting fired.

Matt Ryan shouldn't be allowed to make any decision on who stays or goes...

This, a thousand times.

I'm probably a much bigger fan of Matt Ryan than you are. But any franchise that lets the QB decide whether a coach stays or goes is in more trouble than I'd like ours to be in. The QB's job is to work with the coaching staff. The coaching staff's job is to make sure the team has the tools it needs to be successful, schematically and organizationally. The GM's job is to ensure the right organization is in place to do that.

The QB doesn't get to do the coach's job, much less the GM's.

I've cooled down on the angst I've had since the winning streak. We need to give Shanahan another season. Dan Quinn needs to be given the Marvin Lewis treatment. I don't believe at all in Matt Ryan as the alpha male, elite, Super Bowl MVP type. But I truly do believe we need to stick to our guns on the coaching staff. I believe in Quinn as a motivator and his defensive scheme. I believe I saw some things from Shanahan early in the season I have never seen as a Falcons fan. They both deserve to get more than one off-season of a draft and cheap free agent one year deals to make their schemes work.

But the talent and abilities of your key players (Devonta, Julio, Matt) should be taken into consideration when an OC is hired and a scheme tailored to their strengths.

This,

Matt Ryan is not a w.c. QB. He's a vertical offense QB. While the ZBS is helping our run game, our line just can't protect the QB, and we need some Guards who can protect the QB.

This,

Matt Ryan is not a w.c. QB. He's a pro offense QB. While the ZBS is helping our run game, our line just can't protect the QB, and we need some Guards who can protect the QB.

What in the actual **** are you talking about? The WCO IS a pro offense.

Good Lord people on this forum say the dumbest **** when we're losing.

RG3 is an easy one.

Great point,,, I've never felt more sorry for a QB than I was for him... I'm now rethinking what his problem was ,,, Ryan has proved that he is a very good QB and has been in the top 5 many times,, For him to look so sorry is not common,, and it has only happened this year under Shanny's Sorry System. And you guys know I'm normally the most positive poster on this board... I just would like for someone in the front office to see what the problem is. Surely they can see it... If they try to fix this with the wrong method, that will set this team back at least two more years.

I've cooled down on the angst I've had since the winning streak. We need to give Shanahan another season. Dan Quinn needs to be given the Marvin Lewis treatment. I don't believe at all in Matt Ryan as the alpha male, elite, Super Bowl MVP type. But I truly do believe we need to stick to our guns on the coaching staff. I believe in Quinn as a motivator and his defensive scheme. I believe I saw some things from Shanahan early in the season I have never seen as a Falcons fan. They both deserve to get more than one off-season of a draft and cheap free agent one year deals to make their schemes work.

The offense should be improving from week to week as players get more familiar with the scheme and begin to play faster. This has not happened under Kyle's watch and what's even worse is we having no offensive identity. The NFC East was the weakest division in football this year and half the teams we faced during the winning streak were missing their QB's or other major threats. We have yet to win a game in our own division or beat an opponent over .500. Matt Ryan is not a great QB but he is serviceable under the right scheme and Kyle is unable to make the necessary adjustments so the offense does their part on Sundays.

What in the actual **** are you talking about? The WCO IS a pro offense.

Good Lord people on this forum say the dumbest **** when we're losing.

I meant he's better in a vertical concept offense than he is in a dink and dunk wco. Dude isn't as accurate on short throws as advertised, and he seems to lock in on certain players and telegraph his passes.

I meant he's better in a vertical concept offense than he is in a dink and dunk wco. Dude isn't as accurate on short throws as advertised, and he seems to lock in on certain players and telegraph his passes.

He'll be fine in a WCO. There is nothing about Matt Ryan that suggests his skill set is more suited for a vertical offense than a WCO, and there is a lot about him that suggests the opposite.

He needs to get his timing and footwork right. That's all that's going on with him right now. He's late on his reads. Plus the deep passing game is starting to open up for him -- he missed a deep ball to Julio against the Jaguars.

The pats look like they hire a new oc every week when they game plan. One week they're throwing bombs, the next week they're dinking and dunking, next week running 40 times. What's my point? Brady can execute the game plan no matter what it is. Maybe our qb just needs more strengths instead of always blaming the oc.

Ryan is about to have as many oc's as Brady has rings. It's easier to blame the coaches though.

New England runs the Erhardt-Perkins System perfectly. I truly believe this is why they are so dangerous every year.

He'll be fine in a WCO. There is nothing about Matt Ryan that suggests his skill set is more suited for a vertical offense than a WCO, and there is a lot about him that suggests the opposite.

He needs to get his timing and footwork right. That's all that's going on with him right now. He's late on his reads. Plus the deep passing game is starting to open up for him -- he missed a deep ball to Julio against the Jaguars.

What about his performance this season suggests to you he will be fine? If anything he has regressed. The wco is a dink and dunk offense. Teams know that ryan doesn't have the Arm to rifle it in there when he needs to, and he throws it a little late. All you got to do is double julio and sit on the short routes and bad things are going to happen. Ryan will panic and underthow wrs, or see the open wr and react too late. This is why he's having the worst year of his career. Going to take him more than 1 season to fix his footwork and accuracy issues.

The pats look like they hire a new oc every week when they game plan. One week they're throwing bombs, the next week they're dinking and dunking, next week running 40 times. What's my point? Brady can execute the game plan no matter what it is. Maybe our qb just needs more strengths instead of always blaming the oc.

Ryan is about to have as many oc's as Brady has rings. It's easier to blame the coaches though.

Same crap as always. Ryan was fine for 7 years. They changed OC because they couldn't run or screen or hired a bew coach. Ryan is one of the smartest qb out there. You match his rookie success to everyone else's, he is light years ahead but no OC has been able to elevate the whole offensive team from that year. We go backward, which is stupid.

Same crap as always. Ryan was fine for 7 years. They changed OC because they couldn't run or screen or hired a bew coach. Ryan is one of the smartest qb out there. You match his rookie success to everyone else's, he is light years ahead but no OC has been able to elevate the whole offensive team from that year. We go backward, which is stupid.