What If Trufant Shadows Ginn?

Sounds like you're the one on something--calling a grown man sunshine? Figures with you young kids today. Anyway...yes Trufant and Alford are backups to ME. Everyone's standards--or expectations--aren't the same. That's very obvious on this board. You don't like that my opinion is different than yours? Too bad, get over it.

Troll

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunshine hahahahaha pity most round the league would'nt think our 2 starting corners were back-ups at all that's so laughable I don't know what to say hahahahaha.

Didn't Alford like get voted to the pro-bowl this year hahahaha doesn't smell like back-up material to me.

Back-up is folks like you who post stuff like this it can't be taken seriously lol..That's back-up if ever I saw it much like the stuff you get when the toilet is as you say backed up lol..

Merry Xmas Sunshine lol.

Is this the best you can come back with? Figures. Lol Merry Xmas to you too!

Honestly, the only guy you need to stop is Olsen. Without him,that offense will stop dead.

Problem is, in 14 chances, every team, including ours, has been arrogantly thinking they can cover him without special attention.

This⬆⬆⬆

Why the **** no one (including us) won't double Olsen is beyond me. He is their only TRUE weapon. I know Ginn has had his moments but he has a bad case of the Hankerson syndrome. As long as we can stop Fig Newton from doing his dumb *** 3rd and short QB keeper run and shut down Olsen we actually have a chance at winning this game. That is if Ryan doesn't decide to throw it to the other team again this game

Edited by OBXFalcon

This⬆⬆⬆

Why the **** no one (including us) won't double Olsen is beyond me. He is their only TRUE weapon. I know Ginn has had his moments but he has a bad case of the Hankerson syndrome. As long as we can stop Fig Newton from doing his dumb *** 3rd and short QB keeper run and shut down Olsen we actually have a chance at winning this game. That is if Ryan doesn't decide to throw it to the other team again this game

He has been doubled, quite a lot. He either beats the double team or Cam makes you pay by hitting someone else and forcing the hand of the D. The play action is also a huge factor.

I'm hoping both CBs play complete games for the first time in a while and lock down whoever they are covering. Not sure who we should be putting on Olsen, because both FSs we have are 5'9 to Olsen's 6'5. We could put Ish but I wouldn't be comfortable with that. Maybe Allen and Ish doubling him? I don't trust any of these LBs to even be near 5 yards of him on a pass play.

Call me crazy...I want to see Beasley on Olsen. He's 6'3 and he's been very impressive in coverage, I never would have expected him to do as well as he has. They won't expect it at all, and if it's effective, I doubt they'll have a countermeasure.

Beasley with Ishmael over the top, just in case. I think it could work.

Call me crazy...I want to see Beasley on Olsen. He's 6'3 and he's been very impressive in coverage, I never would have expected him to do as well as he has. They won't expect it at all, and if it's effective, I doubt they'll have a countermeasure.

Then you have no pass rush and Cam throws to someone else.

Beasley on Olsen? Lmao I hope that does happen because Olsen would roast him. His route running alone would have Beasley doing donuts in the middle of the field.

Edited by Born A-Ginn

Beasley on Olsen? Lmao I hope that does happen because Olsen would roast him. His route running alone would have Beasley doing donuts in the middle of the field.

He's done an impressive job in coverage, and with Ishmael over the top it could work. Idk why I'm responding though, you probably couldn't mention a single coverage play of his.

Olsen is a very good player, not knocking that or even saying Beasley could cover him for sure. Just obvious you need to watch him if you're blowing it off that quickly.

He's done an impressive job in coverage, and with Ishmael over the top it could work. Idk why I'm responding though, you probably couldn't mention a single coverage play of his.

Olsen is a very good player, not knocking that or even saying Beasley could cover him for sure. Just obvious you need to watch him if you're blowing it off that quickly.

Olsen is elite and it's going to take an elite defender to shut him down. Go ahead and assign an extra defender to him and leave yourself short elsewhere.

Yep

Actually it's more than just Olsen. Their balance is also from running as often as they pass... usually 30 runs/game for about 30 pass attempts... very balanced. They also have the vertical threat with Ginn now. Hard to stop it all, so the Falcon offense has to keep pace. If the Falcons can use Freeman more (balanced attack) instead of abandoning the run too soon... avoid turnovers and stupid penalties, they have a chance.

Because their opinion is directed at my particular comments of how I view these DBs. You can't try and justify or rationize the way you feel about a player because of how I think of them. Like I said, I don't care if 31 other teams would take them. I feel they don't play like starters--too many rookie mistakes. Who said I had a problem with what they said? Just don't come back with a response as though its the gospel. Remember I did say it's how I view them.

Does somebody need a safe zone? I think so...

sorry you won't find one here. If you can't take the heat from you're uneducated responses then gtfo of the kitchen

You to? Reading is fundamental. They are backups to ME! I don't care what other GMs around the league think or do. It's not like players haven't been recycled from team to team only to never live up to the hype. The #1 and 2 pick in the draft. Is either playing to that level? Tell me.

Why are they backups to YOU then? You're not providing reason. Yes, they are playing at 1st and 2nd round levels. Here's why, in their entire NFL careers, they've had ZERO pass rush. ZERO. Do you realize how ridiculously hard that makes their jobs? I guarantee those 2 have the toughest job in the NFL for a corner. And the crazy thing is, they STILL get stops. Yes they get burned sometimes but so does every corner. Norman is labeled as the best thing in the league right now and Beckham torched him multiple times last week. Norman even gave up the game tying touchdown on 4th. What a choker!

Edited by JD dirtybird21

Because their opinion is directed at my particular comments of how I view these DBs. You can't try and justify or rationize the way you feel about a player because of how I think of them. Like I said, I don't care if 31 other teams would take them. I feel they don't play like starters--too many rookie mistakes. Who said I had a problem with what they said? Just don't come back with a response as though its the gospel. Remember I did say it's how I view them.

You made a comment on their reading capabilities when I didn't see anything lacking.

They countered your opinion with their own.

They believe that other teams would take these CBs just like you believe they wouldn't or at least shouldn't.

If you can give it, then you should be able to take it. Just sayin

I don't doubt he's been good in coverage, but you talking about sticking him on Olsen to cover him all game would create all sorts of mismatches on your defense.

So let's say you put one of your best pass rushers on our elite receiving TE who's strengths are getting open from exceptional route running and making the tough catches in traffic even if he is well covered. Now Cam is also likely getting more time in the pocket as a result.

You mentioned manufacturing pressure from the absense of Beasley by sending extra rushers against a QB who thrives against the blitz (112 QB rating - 1,420 yards 19 TDs to 3 INTs vs blitz this season) to make up for him being on Olsen. Now you're also talking about doubling Olsen with a safety at the same time. But for the sake of argument let's say Olsen is taken out of the game from this.

Now you're committing more players to rush the passer while also committing an extra player to double Olsen. So now you have to worry the two speed demons on either side of the field in Ginn and Brown and you're basically looking at a potential repeat performance of the 1st quarter in the last game - except all game long.

There's also the old wily veteran possession receiver Cotchery who, if he's good at nothing else, it's finding the soft spots of the defense which would be present from said situation. This is without even factoring in Cam's unique physical and athletic matchup problems which brings up a whole other bag of problems on its own

And finally, that's all assuming Beasley can handle Olsen in the first place... which I can just about **** well guarantee he can't. People have bracketed Olsen a ton this year. Doubling him isn't exactly a revolutionary concept, yet he's still on pace for a career year. It's also why Ted Ginn, for all his woes, is having a career year as well... if you don't leave a high safety to account for his speed then you're playing with fire.

Edited by Born A-Ginn

Even the Panthers fan admitted he'd love to have Tru and Alf.

There are 31 other teams who would take Trufant as a starter. I'd say Alford would start for several others as well and probably 31 who'd want him as their 3rd.

We get a better pass rush and you'll hear about how the Falcon's have one of the best secondary's in the league.