Another Meaningless Win

Guest since'66

Bingo.

I'm not optimistic about next game. But imagine...imagine that we win. Imagine that we beat the consensus best team in the NFL and kill their undefeated dreams. Imagine we end the season on a 3 game winning streak and just miss the playoffs (can't see Seattle and Minnesota losing out). Imagine how hungry this team will be. First winning season since 2012 and the knowledge we can hang with anyone, and then we go out and improve further...that'd be the making of a special 2016.

People place way too much importance on draft position. If you aren't picking top 5 in a position of dire need, it really doesn't matter that much if you're 7-9 or 9-7. But I guarantee the players care.

Absurd imo....... No offense though. End of year momentum rationale. I understand, it allows fans to feel better about both this teams history and future apart from reality. Use whatever mechanism you can brother-men. Go Falcons.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This franchise will never learn...

I have the feeling you're one of those "glass is half EMPTY" kind of guys --- but that's o.k., everybody's entitled to their opinion...

But you never, EVER want to go into a game to purposely lose it --- it shows no character, or desire to play the sport! You're better off just doing something else with your life...

If we were going to win a meaningless game, this one suuuuuremfelt good. Won't help in our rebuilding efforts though.

I strongly disagree. If Atlanta had lost today to Carolina yet again, we would have some serious confidence issues to overcome going forward every time we play them. Helping our team rebuild (confidence, belief, cohesion, chemistry, coaching, etc) is exactly what this win does imo.

The celebration of this win will last another 4 hours until reality sets in. At least the fans get a nice consolation prize after this wasted season.

The celebration of this win will last another 4 hours until reality sets in. At least the fans get a nice consolation prize after this wasted season.

Edited.....stop being a whiner. You are one of the worst.

We all know they arent getting in due to needing impossible help.

Doesnt take anything away from this win though. Just sick of people being negative...live this moment up. It is one of the biggest wins in the nfl this year.

You are one of the most negative posters on here. Just post a pic of TD or Smith and move on.

I see another "momentum" point made above. There were earlier posts about this as well and were addressed but went over some posters heads. I've heard this for years. End of year "Momentum" in the NFL through 8 months of all but building a new team? Really? Because an NFL team wins the last one or two games of a previous season? People believe in this?

Yes...go look at what the Falcons did at the end of the season before that 98 Super Bowl season you talked about.

Winning has as much to do with confidence and belief that you can win as anything else. Why Did Carolina suddenly become the shiznit after going 7-8-1 last year? They beat the **** out the Falcons in their last game, won the division and a playoff game and came into the season with the confidence they were a better team than they were last year. And they were right, not because they suddenly had better players, but because they had players who suddenly believed they can win. It's going to be real interesting to see what happens with Carolina the rest of the season. Just like the Falcons win they not just lost, but crushingly lost against New Orleans earlier, your confidence to win doing the little things, the timely plays, belief in your QB, etc can take a nosedive.

This was a great win. To **** with draft position. It doesn't mean anything if good players don't want to come here because we are losers and not winners.

i hate to see showboats win. glad cam lost. cant stand to see him win. now for me to be hypocritical....cam is a sore loser and a sore winner. overall, poor sportsmanship. i am usually not a horrible sport, but, when it comes to those that like to rub it in when they win.....i cant help myself.

Wrong !!! this win will do more for this team than anything that could have happened, This team needed the boost to believe they can win.. This game is all about believing in your team and system. I'm glad that our OC is slowly learning what plays he need to ditch. Because earlier in the year he had some really bad plays that killed us and our playoff hopes.

This franchise will never learn...

FU - All my best friends are Panties fans- This is huge to me. The only team I want to beat more than the Aints is the Panties. Crapping on their "perfect season" only makes it better. If you were a true DirtyBird fan, you would yunderstand these rivalries! Go back to Denver, or where ever the **** you transferred to the ATL from.

So people are upset over snapping a losing streak? Interesting.

Yeah really, how many years do we want to play this "lose the rest of the game for a better draft position" game? Would we be worst off as a team if we picked 4 - 5 picks back in 2014 & 2015? We would of picked Anthony Barr Taylor Llewan (more suited for current scheme), or CJ Mosley in 2014. Shane Ray, Bud Dupree or Andrus Peat in 2015. Our best defensive player Desmond Trufant was pick #22 in 2013 draft. In the same draft 7 of the 19 players drafter between pick 13 -31 are pro-bowl players while only 1 in the top 12 made the pro-bowl. Bottom line is whether we pick #10 or #15, we can get a really good player so tanking the season is not the answer, unless you want to build a culture of losing on purpose.