Another Meaningless Win

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest since'66

Do I want to tank the season? Of course not. Do I want the Falcons to ever lose games? Of course not. But do I agree with the OP's thread title that it is "another meaningless win"? Of course I agree. It's just another in their long history of meaningless wins. And to me, anything outside of that fact is only hopeful, emotion based, psycho-babble designed to allow fans to feel better. But it's all good. No problem.

A meaningless Win verses Redskins Cost us Mack.(BPA of the whole draft!)

Last year, A meaningless Win verses Saints Cost us DT/DE Williams.(BPA of the whole draft!)

This Year, A Meaningless Win verses Jags already cost Us 7 spots in the draft.

I hope U are happy about the Win for a few days!

A meaningless Win verses Redskins Cost us Mack.

Last year, A meaningless Win verses Saints Cost us DT/DE Williams.

Don't you know draft picks mean nothing according to the people in this thread.

Look, I'm not saying we need to tank but at this stage you're asking me if I value a win in a year we're not going to be in the postseason over a higher draft pick I'm gonna be honest and say the higher draft pick. Sue me.

Last year, A meaningless Win verses Saints Cost us DT/DE Williams.(BPA of the whole draft!)

What a loser attitude you have. It doesn't matter where you pick it. It matters who you pick. The Patriots, Packers, Broncos, ect. have been picking in the last 10 picks of the 1st round for years and still get great players. You don't have have to have a top 10 pick to get a great player.

This win actually keeps us in the playoff hunt for another week, even if unlikely that we make it. Definitely not meaningless!

Technically true, but none of us believe we'll win raw and the Seahawks and Vikes will lose two.

I do. **** all you *******!!! Go Falcons!! 9-7!! Playoffs here we come!! Rise up mother****ers!! It's a shame we've got so many ******* losers on this message board! One of the reasons ATL fans get such a bad rap. It's because of losers like those on this board!

I do. **** all you *******!!! Go Falcons!! 9-7!! Playoffs here we come!! Rise up mother****ers!! It's a shame we've got so many ******* losers on this message board! One of the reasons ATL fans get such a bad rap. It's because of losers like those on this board!

Yea, cuz your belief that the Falcons will do whatever it is you hope and reality so often coincide, right? I hate fans that get so pissy because some of us have the ability to look at a situation realistically. I'm a fan but seriously stop acting like a child and grow up. When this team stinks it's ok to call it like it is. Hoping that a bad team will overcome doesn't make you a "better fan". Just makes you delusional.

Yea, cuz your belief that the Falcons will do whatever it is you hope and reality so often coincide, right? I hate fans that get so pissy because some of us have the ability to look at a situation realistically. I'm a fan but seriously stop acting like a child and grow up. When this team stinks it's ok to call it like it is. Hoping that a bad team will overcome doesn't make you a "better fan". Just makes you delusional.

Excuse me for still believing in my team. Sorry that we all can't be quitters like you!

Believe all you want. That's fine. I just find it asinine to say that when people look at things realistically they're "not fans". That line of thinking has always been ridiculous.

People are bitching that Falcons won a game!! Those aren't fans dude. Real fans do not ***** and complain that the Falcons won a game that keeps their playoff hopes alive, however slim and unlikely they may be. Draft position? ********. **** the draft! The Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Broncos, ect. have been pitching in the last 10 picks of the 1st round of the draft for years and still got great players. You don't need a top 10 pick to get a great player. Rooting for your team to lose so they get a higher pick is ******* stupid! The Atlanta Falcons have a long history of blowing top 10 picks. You'd think after all the experience of seeing just how easy it is to screw up a top 10 pick folks wouldn't root for them to happen when the Falcons are still alive for the playoffs. Even if they weren't still alive for the playoffs rooting for them to lose is ******* stupid. It's a loser's way of thinking.

Guest Homer the Brave

People are bitching that Falcons won a game!! Those aren't fans dude. Real fans do not ***** and complain that the Falcons won a game that keeps their playoff hopes alive, however slim and unlikely they may be. Draft position? ********. **** the draft! The Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Broncos, ect. have been pitching in the last 10 picks of the 1st round of the draft for years and still got great players. You don't need a top 10 pick to get a great player. Rooting for your team to lose so they get a higher pick is ******* stupid! The Atlanta Falcons have a long history of blowing top 10 picks. You'd think after all the experience of seeing just how easy it is to screw up a top 10 pick folks wouldn't root for them to happen when the Falcons are still alive for the playoffs. Even if they weren't still alive for the playoffs rooting for them to lose is ******* stupid. It's a loser's way of thinking.

Amen brother! Preach!

Is there legit b*tching here or are people not doing backflips like me? Huge difference.

We won. I watched. I cheered but ultimately I know we're not going to the postseason because of awful losses to Indy, SF and Tampa x2. It sucks and I certainly don't want anyone that doesn't deserve to keep their job like the OC to give people an excuse to keep them around...so know...I'm not extra Gung-ho about what will likely be a meaningless win against Jacksonville and forgive me for thinking its kind of a defeatist attitude to get overly excited about a team that's missing the postseason for the 3rd straight year.

Is there legit b*tching here or are people not doing backflips like me? Huge difference.

We won. I watched. I cheered but ultimately I know we're not going to the postseason because of awful losses to Indy, SF and Tampa x2. It sucks and I certainly don't want anyone that doesn't deserve to keep their job like the OC to give people an excuse to keep them around...so know...I'm not extra Gung-ho about what will likely be a meaningless win against Jacksonville and forgive me for thinking its kind of a defeatist attitude to get overly excited about a team that's missing the postseason for the 3rd straight year.

Yes there is. This thread and a few others crying that we can't get such and such player in the draft now because the Falcons won a "meaningless game."

Oh, and I'm glad you can predict the future, how about throwing out some lottery numbers while you're at it Miss Cleo!