Another Meaningless Win

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So people are upset over snapping a losing streak? Interesting.

I don't know that upset is the word. We won though and while I was ultimately happy I couldn't help but think about losses to Indy, SF, and Tampa and how had we not blown those games we'd be talking about a potential playoff spot. I get where the OP is coming from. 6-1 start was pretty much p*ssed away. If you avoid the embarrassment of being the only team to avoid a losing record after that kind of start then cool but I'm not gonna act like I'm over the moon for this.

Part of me feels like draft position is more important.

I don't know that upset is the word. We won though and while I was ultimately happy I couldn't help but think about losses to Indy, SF, and Tampa and how had we not blown those games we'd be talking about a potential playoff spot. I get where the OP is coming from. 6-1 start was pretty much p*ssed away. If you avoid the embarrassment of being the only team to avoid a losing record after that kind of start then cool but I'm not gonna act like I'm over the moon for this.

Part of me feels like draft position is more important.

It's not and never has been. Cleveland, Tennessee, Jacksonvile, The Raiders etc have stayed at the top of the draft and been dumpster fires for years with the last 2 finally showing signs of life after ownership changes. Meanwhile the Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Packers stay at the bottom of the draft and still manage to draft great and kick our *****.

Tanking does not work in the NFL. Go watch the NBA if you want to see that.

Try and tell that to the staff and players.

Every win has meaning to an athlete. Winning some at the end will carry into next season. If anyone remembers 1997, we went on a **** of a winning streak to finish 7-9. Didnt make the playoffs, but without that momentum they dont go 14-2 and get to the SB in 1998.

Try and tell that to the staff and players.

Every win has meaning to an athlete. Winning some at the end will carry into next season. If anyone remembers 1997, we went on a **** of a winning streak to finish 7-9. Didnt make the playoffs, but without that momentum they dont go 14-2 and get to the SB in 1998.

Exactly. Every game has meaning, especially with a new coach and new players. This team needs to build some momentum and bank some positives going into next season.

Forget that we aren't mathematically eliminated yet. They need something to build on right now. It can completely change the complexion of next year.

Winning out is better than losing out for Quinn and company. It will probably effect the draft position by one spot, but so what. If the front office doesn't hit on the draft choice, then it want matter anyway. Quinn needs to win for his team to respect him and to keep the owner from making any knee jerk decisions about his staff. The team needs to win for a greater confidence. Losing is always bad. Always!

It's not and never has been. Cleveland, Tennessee, Jacksonvile, The Raiders etc have stayed at the top of the draft and been dumpster fires for years with the last 2 finally showing signs of life after ownership changes. Meanwhile the Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Packers stay at the bottom of the draft and still manage to draft great and kick our *****.

Tanking does not work in the NFL. Go watch the NBA if you want to see that.

Don't know that I buy that. Depends on who you have picking. Carolina has certainly benefited from being able to take Cam, Kuechly, Lotulei, and even older picks like Stewart and Davis. It can't be JUST about having a high draft pick. Other things have to be in place too.