Seahawks Win Today, So We Are Officially Done.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The on screen graphic I just saw on the Packers @ Raiders game didn't have the Falcons eliminated. Why? I don't know. The Seahawks clinching should have eliminated the Falcons from my understanding since the Vikings have the tiebreaker over the Falcons. The best the Falcons can hope for is a 9-7 tie with the Vikings where the Vikings hold the tiebreaker over the Falcons.

The on screen graphic I just saw on the Packers @ Raiders game didn't have the Falcons eliminated. Why? I don't know. The Seahawks clinching should have eliminated the Falcons from my understanding since the Vikings have the tiebreaker over the Falcons. The best the Falcons can hope for is a 9-7 tie with the Vikings where the Vikings hold the tiebreaker over the Falcons.

I don't understand why they had us either. Man that game was huge and we blew it.

The Eagles and Redskins can both end up 9-7. One would win the division. The other would be in a 3 way tie with us and the Vikings. Maybe? I'm not 100% sure because I haven't looked at their schedules. But that would probably be why, if it's not a mistake.

Atlanta wins the 5 seed because of Strength of Victory tiebreaker if they, SEA and MIN all have 9-7 records.

Yeah, I was just looking at it and that's what I see too:

Falcons must win out

Vikings must lose out

Seahawks must lost out

All 3 would be 9-7, so it's a 3 way tie and head-to-head doesn't apply. The next tie-breaker is conference record. If the above happened, all 3 would be tied at a 6-6 conference record.

Next tie breaker is "strength of victory".

ESPN has this stat in their playoff rankings. Right now it is...

Vikings - .402

Falcons - .392

Seahawks - .369

If all of the above happened and we kept that advantage in strength of victory, the Falcons and Vikings would be the wild cards.

7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05.jpg

We were eliminated two months ago.

Time to shake up the apple cart. Get ready to go to the Pantheon. I saw it up close last night and it's moving way faster than the quality of the product we have.

I'll volunteer for two action items at no cost. Free of charge:

1. Drive Dimi out to the State Line (Shanny can ride too)

2. Put together a message board personnel department that will blow the last eight years away and get us ready for the Pantheon.