Ryan's Batted Balls

RYNE

I know some of you will have fun with the thread title...

But seriously.... what is the deal with the ridiculous amount of balls being batted down at the line of scrimmage? I don't ever remember this being such a problem for #2. I did see today that a lineman missed a cut block that caused on of the passes to be knocked down. Is that what is cause the rest as well or is Ryan just telagraphing his throws that badly?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The two I saw, our OL were laying on the field on both of them. Schraeder missed a cutblock on one, so the defender was able to jump 40" into the air. The other was either Person or Levitre falling off the block, and again their DL jumped 40" into the air without a hand touching him.

He needs to learn to find the holes in the pocket. Stepping into the pocket or slide stepping will help him find the alley. The oline played great today, but Ryans footwork and jitters are visually a problem still. He needs a really good QB coach to help him get out of those mental jitters.

Other than that....I'm enjoying the win!

He needs to learn to find the holes in the pocket. Stepping into the pocket or slide stepping will help him find the alley. The oline played great today, but Ryans footwork and jitters are visually a problem still. He needs a really good QB coach to help him get out of those mental jitters.

The OL was far from great today. They were ok but not great. I remember Ryan having 4 batted passes today. 2 of them happened because Matthews and Schreader didn't get their man on the ground. 1 happened when the defense double blitzed the A gap and Ryan got hit which led to the tipped pass. The last one I remember seeing was a case of Ryan telegraphing his throw and allowing it to be knocked down.

Ryan made significant progress navigating the pocket, noticeable strides in both 2012 and 2014 (2013 one of the worst Olines of the past decade). But he has regressed in that regard this year, not necessarily surprising given the major scheme change and weak interior line

I know some of you will have fun with the thread title...

But seriously.... what is the deal with the ridiculous amount of balls being batted down at the line of scrimmage? I don't ever remember this being such a problem for #2. I did see today that a lineman missed a cut block that caused on of the passes to be knocked down. Is that what is cause the rest as well or is Ryan just telagraphing his throws that badly?

Probably what Shredder and Shanny said. Shredder said "they've figured us out". Shanny said "we're gonna keep going to Julio".