If You Want To Talk About Rams Players We Should Have Drafted

Begotten912

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rams have "had a foundation" for 5+ years. Yet they're still there.....finishing below .500.

I'm not really sure how you can say we don't have a "foundation" given the pieces we have in place at cornerstone positions. Two competent young RBs, an elite WR, an elite CB, some young defensive talent, a QB that until this season has been one of the better QBs in the league.

What do you think is easier to find a couple interior OL/LBs or a QB/#1CB/#1WR?

Don't forget franchise LT. I've been a big Donald fan, but I get why we took Matthews and still like the pick. Matthews spent the offseason rehabbing to get back where he was instead of being able to progress in his training and strength, and he's already a top 10 LT. He's going to be great for years to come

Don't forget franchise LT. I've been a big Donald fan, but I get why we took Matthews and still like the pick. Matthews spent the offseason rehabbing to get back where he was instead of being able to progress in his training and strength, and he's already a top 10 LT. He's going to be great for years to come

I think he's had a pretty good year and has a lot of promise moving forward but I figured I'd go with guys a little more "firm" in their standing (ignoring the bad Ryan year for now).

But yes, I agree. A very good prospect at a cornerstone position.

Hey again, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry. You refer to the Falcons as an up and coming young team but that is exactly what our Falcons are -not-. In fact our Falcons are one of the oldest teams in the NFL. So many of our draft picks have failed, the team has been forced to make up for those busts by signing a bunch of FAs and UDFAs. So where are we with all these FA signings and the cornerstone players you refer to? Right where the Rams are. It is hard to find those four or five cornerstone positions, yes. Its also hard to be patient, build a team the right way, and set yourself up for the future, which for the Rams is getting closer and closer. So what is worse...seeing a team built the right way whose arrow is going up, or seeing our Falcons go for the quick fix year after year and basically starting over all the time, a team whose arrow is going down?

And yet there they are, 6-8 and out of the playoffs...just like us. And luckily for Rams fans, Jeff Fisher will be back again next year! Maybe he can generate another 6-8 win season!

I'm not sure why so many people are willing to embrace similar "failure" because it's not our failure.

Yet, their future looks brighter than ours. Care to explain that?

It was but then you stared glorifying the Rams like they are some top-tier organization we should all aspire to be like. At the end of the day the Rams are garbage and have been for over a decade.Even with all the talent they have we are in the same boat.

We are nowhere near their boat. Our boat has left the docks, theirs have just pulled up to the docks.

Yet, their future looks brighter than ours. Care to explain that?

Care to explain this conclusion considering they haven't had a winning season in 12 years? They've been treading water for over a decade and it continues this year.

They were the luckiest team in the NFL landing a block buster trade that netted them multiple first rounders. What did it all equal? More losing seasons.

"Gurley is killing it"

Yet here their offense sits, 31st in the league. "Their defense is stacked'' yet they haven't had a top 10 defense in scoring OR yards since 2001.

Go be a Rams fan child.

Archived