If You Want To Talk About Rams Players We Should Have Drafted

Begotten912

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are at least half a dozen guys on this board, myself included, who said we should have found a way to get the guy at any cost. I said he'd be worth the pick at 6.

How could any NFL personnel man not have seen that? He just exploded off the tape. Everyone was arguing about trading up for Clowney. We could've stayed right where we were and gotten the best defensive player in the draft.

It just sickens me how we continually whiff on picks. Matthews is ok, but Donald is likely going from rookie defensive player of the year to straight up defensive player of the year.

I guess it's ok. We still got Hageman. Now where is that "roll eyes" emoticon when you need it?

Want to hear something ironic? The Rams GM is Les Snead. The same guy who worked for the Falcons for years, briefly under TD. Snead does the exact reverse of what TD does. Snead drafts for the lines, and LBs, and drafts players with questionable character, like Jenkins. Snead does make trades, but gets multiple picks in return...like the RGIII trade. Just think...we could have had Snead, here, as our GM. Our lines would have been in a heckuva lot better shape, that is for sure. Read it and weep, fellas.

I really wanted Donald. However I understand that at that point he was considered a mid to later round first rounder. I mentioned in several threads that we should consider him at our spot bit people were up in arms about it being a "reach"

Wanted Mack 1st and Donald 2nd. What can you do tho? Nobody expected the raiders to make a good pick and left tackle is more of a premium position than dtackle so I can't be mad at taking matthews

There are at least half a dozen guys on this board, myself included, who said we should have found a way to get the guy at any cost. I said he'd be worth the pick at 6.

How could any NFL personnel man not have seen that? He just exploded off the tape. Everyone was arguing about trading up for Clowney. We could've stayed right where we were and gotten the best defensive player in the draft.

It just sickens me how we continually whiff on picks. Matthews is ok, but Donald is likely going from rookie defensive player of the year to straight up defensive player of the year.

I guess it's ok. We still got Hageman. Now where is that "roll eyes" emoticon when you need it?

Mack is better but Donald isn't far behind. Still, having the second best defensive player in the draft would be darn good.

FalconFanSince1969 , the Rams are building a team the right way. They have won just as many championships as our Falcons have, and compared to the Falcons, the Rams look far more competent when it comes to the draft and finding personnel. They lack a QB...and after the way this season has gone, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to land Matt Ryan from us. And Ryan just might be ready to go.

FalconFanSince1969 , the Rams are building a team the right way. They have won just as many championships as our Falcons have, and compared to the Falcons, the Rams look far more competent when it comes to the draft and finding personnel. They lack a QB...and after the way this season has gone, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to land Matt Ryan from us. And Ryan just might be ready to go.

Just as many? So where did Kurt Warner get his ring?

To be fair to TD, everyone saw Donald's talent, including Tommy D. If you want to understand why we did not go after him, simply look at the defensive scheme we were going to run (Nolan's poorly conceived 3-4). We were in need of a big DT, not a penetrating one. Additionally, the FO felt like they had similar talents in Babs (obviously Donald is quicker).

Crying a whining about "the one that got away" is of little help today.

The only name I want to hear is Aaron Donald.

Smith and Nolan wanted big beef at DT like Jacksonville... TD got him those...(not taking-up for the man, but it was reported, and Smith or his brother-in-law never refuted the report).

At The Senior Bowl, D-Line Coach, Bryan Cox, how much he liked Donald. (Never mentioned Hageman).

Donald is 6'0" and 289 llbs. though...Hageman is huge. He's not just a lard...He is huge man frame-wise too-with a long athletic build.

Smith and Nolan wanted no pass rushers/DEs/Leos taken high either... They felt that they were going to manufacturer them with 2-3 big monsters (Solai in Free Agency, and Hageman, and Jackson at DE).

Want to hear something ironic? The Rams GM is Les Snead. The same guy who worked for the Falcons for years, briefly under TD. Snead does the exact reverse of what TD does. Snead drafts for the lines, and LBs, and drafts players with questionable character, like Jenkins. Snead does make trades, but gets multiple picks in return...like the RGIII trade. Just think...we could have had Snead, here, as our GM. Our lines would have been in a heckuva lot better shape, that is for sure. Read it and weep, fellas.

And coincidentally you could say the quality of our drafts went downhill when he left in 2012 and made the RG3 trade.

Of course having 2 1st rounders for 3 years really helps

Was mad when we let Snead go..i actually had the pleasure of talking with him years ago...man....what could have been...i really wanted Donald too..

What TD did was bring a very talented staff with him to Atlanta. Teams hired away several key members of his scouting/personnel staff and TD was not able to recover. You combine that with losing offensive defensive coordinators and you can see why the Falcons direction went sideways.

I am hyper critical of TD because he continually traded away valuable draft picks for a specific player he coveted instead of finding talent where we were drafting.

When

Archived