Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herr Beast

If Blake Bortles Throws 3 Tds Against Us, He Will Have More Tds This Season Than Ryan In Any Of His Eight

He already has more TDs after 13 games in his second season than Ryan had in any season except 2012 (32). If he throws 3 TDs, he will have 33...

And most people thought that drafting him at #3 was a reach... because you know, you never find good QBs in the draft :rolleyes:

Bortles and Ryan have the same interception rate, and Botles has less yards and completes 10% less of his passes.

But yeah, replace the pro bowler with a sophomore having an outlier TD season on a 5-win team in the worst division in football. Good strategy.

He already has more TDs after 13 games in his second season than Ryan had in any season except 2012 (32). If he throws 3 TDs, he will have 33...

And most people thought that drafting him at #3 was a reach... because you know, you never find good QBs in the draft :rolleyes:

you'd think with all those touchdowns they would have more wins...

Bortles and Ryan have the same interception rate, and Botles has less yards and completes 10% less of his passes.

But yeah, replace the pro bowler with a sophomore having an outlier TD season on a 5-win team in the worst division in football. Good strategy.

Yes living in the past, expected nothing else on this forum... Matt Ryans last pro bowl was 2012, that is quite some time ago. If you really think that Matt Ryan is having a better 2015 than Bortles than you are just insane. Add in that he makes 1/4 in salary as Matt Ryan this year and for two more years to come and add in the probability, that a 23 year old will have a much better chance to improve his play than a 8 year veteran.

And even though JAX has one less win, they still have a half decent chance of winning their division.

Plus it is utterly laughable that your are pointing your finger at the worst division in this league when the Falcons finished 6-10 last year in the worst division in history. Just laughable.

Guest facelessman07

But I mean, just look at all those weapons he has in Jax. I mean, his arsenal is way more loaded than Ryan's ever was.

But I mean, just look at all those weapons he has in Jax. I mean, his arsenal is way more loaded than Ryan's ever was.

Well he finally go some weapons now so he's performing better.

Ryan has had elite weapons and only mustered 32 TDs.

Ryans is a starting caliber QB but please stop the elite nonsense.

Guest facelessman07

Well he finally go some weapons now so he's performing better.

Ryan has had elite weapons and only mustered 32 TDs.

Ryans is a starting caliber QB but please stop the elite nonsense.

I was being sarcastic

I'm a Ryan fan but people justify his shortcomings wayyy too much here. It's tiring

Oh, and Ryan definitely ain't elite

I'm not surprised! Blake Bortles was my #1 ranked QB in the draft in 2014. The guys that have surprised me is Teddy Bridgewater and especially Derek Carr. Both have been far better than I expected. Even Manziel has been far better than I ever expected.

I'm not surprised! Blake Bortles was my #1 ranked QB in the draft in 2014. The guys that have surprised me is Teddy Bridgewater and especially Derek Carr. Both have been far better than I expected. Even Manziel has been far better than I ever expected.

No No, you never find a half decent QB again in the draft. We need to stick with what we got until he gracefully retires.

Guest facelessman07

When did we get the chance to draft bortles but passed on him?

Just like the years we passed on Calvin and peterson

We should've traded up for Calvin instead of putting up with "Busterson" for too many dam years

Gah I was so freaking pissed at that draft

When did we get the chance to draft bortles but passed on him?

Just like the years we passed on Calvin and peterson?

I swear if "what if" was a game this board would be champions every year

Nobody ever said that. Do you see anyone here saying that? Get of your bong.

Derek Carr was the biggest surprise. He's been the best QB in the draft class.

Bortles has done pretty well with what he has to work with.

Indeed.

In his second season, Matt Ryan had Tony Gonzales who was still in his prime and Roddy White, who was playing on near MVP level. Sure we lost Turner for some games but Jax does not have a stellar running game either.

So really, it is not even close. Plus the guy living in the past did not mention that Ryan's completion percentage in his second year was prety much exactly the same as Bortles this year.

Guest facelessman07

I thought wins were a team stat though? That was the narrative the past 2 years, right? That it's not all the QB's fault if the team has a losing record?

It really is. He has a very talented cast. Defense sucks.

Go be a jags fan.

I thought wins were a team stat though? That was the narrative the past 2 years, right? That it's not all the QB's fault if the team has a losing record?

Correct, Blake is having a good year but his defense sucks and he's playing from behind a lot. Not something Ryan had to do very often till 2013

We should've traded up for Calvin instead of putting up with "Busterson" for too many dam years

Gah I was so freaking pissed at that draft

And if Detroit isn't taking offers? He was the best wr prospect in a decade. They weren't trading. You can't just say 'we should have traded up' because its not that easy.

Guest facelessman07

And if Detroit isn't taking offers? He was the best wr prospect in a decade. They weren't trading. You can't just say 'we should have traded up' because its not that easy.

You trade up with a team picking before Detroit, duh

You don't propose a trade with a team that has the player you want. Of course they weren't listening

Guest facelessman07

It really is. He has a very talented cast. Defense sucks.

Go be a jags fan.

Nah, I'll continue being a Falcons fan that can appreciate & respect the achievements of others

I'm sorry you can't do the same

You trade up with a team picking before Detroit, duh

You don't propose a trade with a team that has the player you want. Of course they weren't listening

So Oakland at #1 overall? Al Davis was crazy in his last few years, but not that crazy.

Guest facelessman07

So Oakland at #1 overall? Al Davis was crazy in his last few years, but not that crazy.

Trying to trade up 7 spots makes a lot more sense than 21 spots

In fact, it makes 3 times more sense

3 times 7 = 21