I Would Love Whisenhunt As Oc

He's unemployed now and has done better as an OC compared to a HC. His first year in SD their offense went from 31st to 5th. And he's from GA. Is there anybody else y'all can think of? What about Pep Hamilton? The Wiz would be my #1 choice.

I'd do ******* backflips if that was true.

Sadly I think Quinn is going to stick by Shanahan one more season... he seems like a loyal guy and that **** will kill you in the NFL.

I REALLY hope he calls up his mentor, Pete Carroll, about this. Carroll fired his OC his 1st year.

Why would Whisenhunt be an improvement for Ryan? All I hear is how his arm strength is suspect, and Whisenhunt's offense requires arm strength and accuracy.

I like Whisenhunt just fine, but just because his offense worked well in some places doesn't mean it's right for this team and this QB. I am of the opinion that Ryan's arm strength is adequate to run any offense, but that doesn't mean I think every offense is an ideal fit for him. I find it ironic that Shanahan runs a system that (if the narrative is correct) works to his strengths and y'all want to replace him with a guy that loves to stretch the field horizontally with deep outs and vertically with deep posts.

He's unemployed now and has done better as an OC compared to a HC. His first year in SD their offense went from 31st to 5th. And he's from GA. Is there anybody else y'all can think of? What about Pep Hamilton? The Wiz would be my #1 choice.

I prefer Hue Jackson, but he is not going to accept anything less that a head coaching position.

Whiz would be a very good replacement for Shanahan. Whiz runs a form of the WCO. He is also smarter than Shanahan and more able to adapt his strategies to take advantage of our players' talents.

So, YES to Ken Whizenhunt.

Why would Whisenhunt be an improvement for Ryan? All I hear is how his arm strength is suspect, and Whisenhunt's offense requires arm strength and accuracy.

I like Whisenhunt just fine, but just because his offense worked well in some places doesn't mean it's right for this team and this QB. I am of the opinion that Ryan's arm strength is adequate to run any offense, but that doesn't mean I think every offense is an ideal fit for him. I find it ironic that Shanahan runs a system that (if the narrative is correct) works to his strengths and y'all want to replace him with a guy that loves to stretch the field horizontally with deep outs and vertically with deep posts.

I don't agree. Whiz runs an offense that is steeped in the WCO. In other words, we are not talking about "go deep and I'll get it to you".

I like Wis because of what he was able to squeeze out of

his team.

I also do not like Wis for that very same reason.

Just like Chuckie Gruden, he pretty well abused his played

in order to achieve the results that he got. (Lombardi).

Two peas from a pod but that is just my opinion.

**** Vermiel and Mike Martz,,,,,,,,,,Wow.

Those two guys jumped into Warners head (abusive) and

rode that horse in the Greatest Show on Turf.

So maybe the question is this:

Do you want coaches who will win a Lombardi and destroy the team in the process?

"...Do you want coaches who will win a Lombardi and destroy the team in the process?..."........... When you see Cam Newton French kissing the Lombardi Trophy in about 6 weeks, ask that question again.

This is a valid point, and raises another serious question:

Is Blank going to give Quinn the time to rebuild correctly?

I don't agree. Whiz runs an offense that is steeped in the WCO. In other words, we are not talking about "go deep and I'll get it to you".

I'm not aware Whisenhunt has ever run a WCO or anything remotely like it. He's from the Cowher coaching tree, the same one that gave us Mularkey. Again, I'm okay with that -- he's a great OC (better than Mularkey IMHO). But I'm pretty sure he doesn't run a WCO.

I actually think he would be a good choice. He would build a game plan around the players instead of trying to make the players match his game plan.

I'm not aware Whisenhunt has ever run a WCO or anything remotely like it. He's from the Cowher coaching tree, the same one that gave us Mularkey. Again, I'm okay with that -- he's a great OC (better than Mularkey IMHO). But I'm pretty sure he doesn't run a WCO.

So Whisenhunt is better than the guy that just replaced him on one of the worst teams in the NFL? I don't think that's accurate.

Either way, it looks like we'll soon have our 4th offensive coordinator that will magically be the one that fits Ryan's strengths. Maybe one day we'll just realize that if Ryan's attributes don't fit 4 different offenses, maybe he just doesn't have that many strengths.

Yeah Whis doesn't run the WCO.

That Cowher tree is based around a variation of the Earhardt/Perkins system where there are a limited number of offensive concepts but there are run out of every formation imaginable. That's how you see him coach what looks like a two tight end power system in Pitt then what looks like a spread offense in Arizona. It's all the same types of plays essentially.

His touch on it was heavy playaction and get all five eligible receivers out into the pattern to always give the qb a place to go with the ball.

In that regard it can resemble a wco. But it's conceptually different.