Hageman And Cox

I couldn't find the Cox/Hageman thing, but I found the Dan Quinn meeting. For those who act like Matt Ryan doesn't have fire, this is a perfect example that he does.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/12/13/dan-quinn-and-matt-ryan-have-a-fired-up-team-huddle-on-the-sideline-as-atlanta-falls-behind-big-again/

I haven't seen too many complaining about Matt's fire. Most posts I've seen point to decision making, accuracy and arm strength...stuff you kinda like to see working better in a franchise QB.

If Cox should, then Hag dam sure should !!

Early second rd. draft pick,that shows up occassionaly.

Hageman can't help that he was drafted too high. He should have been a 3rd round pick based on talent and potential. He even had questions about his work ethic prior to being drafted.

I haven't seen too many complaining about Matt's fire. Most posts I've seen point to decision making, accuracy and arm strength...stuff you kinda like to see working better in a franchise QB.

True, it hasn't been a big topic ever since he started playing poorly. But for some reason there was always this myth on TATF that Ryan just sat on the bench mumbling under his breath whenever things went wrong.

They gambled hard on Hageman, and it may cost Cox his job.

Not gonna lie i would have made that gamble if i was them. Hageman was considered a top 15 talent that had fallen to the 2nd round his upside was enough that it was worthy of the pick at a position we needed to upgrade at on the D-line. He has actually showed glimpses of what he can truly be so the talent even now is still there. Im really not mad about that pick as he has helped our run defense quite a bit and does get pressure at times. He hasn't played up to a 2nd round pick but he has performed as good if not better than alot of the guys on our team for sure

Not gonna lie i would have made that gamble if i was them. Hageman was considered a top 15 talent that had fallen to the 2nd round his upside was enough that it was worthy of the pick at a position we needed to upgrade at on the D-line. He has actually showed glimpses of what he can truly be so the talent even now is still there. Im really not mad about that pick as he has helped our run defense quite a bit and does get pressure at times. He hasn't played up to a 2nd round pick but he has performed as good if not better than alot of the guys on our team for sure

The biggest knock on him coming into the draft was his attitude, and while he seemed like a different player at the beginning of this season, they still shouldn't have taken him in the 2nd.

Was this fight caught on camera.. havent been able to find it and didnt record the game

Yes, it was caught on camera ---- for about 8-10 seconds. It showed Cox holding onto Hageman's shoulder pads, and Hageman pushing/hitting at him and trying to get away, but Cox wouldn't let him. I'm thinking that Cox was doing what he thought was best to get his attention. Every player is different, and that must be what he thought was the best way to motivate the young man ---

I would put all our resources back into fixing whatever the fck happened to our offense before I'd be so overly concerned about replacing a 2nd year 2nd round pick with high upside and his fatherly coach. Not saying the defense is great but vastly improved from last year. Cam and his "explosive" plays wouldnt mean jack and no one would care how many points Carolina put up on us if our offense didnt suck complete donkey schlong since week 4. I wasn't a huge fan of Koetter but at least when we sucked with him it was due to our Oline. Before teams adjusted to Shanny we had the best Oline on the stat sheet. Now we're next to the worst. And it isn't because of personnel, its entirely on Shanahan and players giving up.

Edited by FenixFalcon

Yes, it was caught on camera ---- for about 8-10 seconds. It showed Cox holding onto Hageman's shoulder pads, and Hageman pushing/hitting at him and trying to get away, but Cox wouldn't let him. I'm thinking that Cox was doing what he thought was best to get his attention. Every player is different, and that must be what he thought was the best way to motivate the young man ---

I think that's what most people don't understand. I've been in situations where I've dealt with people and you could try to convey a message to three different people but you have to use three completely different approaches. Some people you have to break it down like they're five years old, some you can talk to intelligently, others you just have to get more aggressive.