Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herr Beast

In His First Year In 1997, Dan Reeves Managed To Finish 7-9 After A 1-7 Start

That is how good coaches finish in their first year, with alot of momentum. And we all know what happened in 1998,

Meanwhile Dan Quinn enjoyed a 6-1 and might finish 7-9 too (if he lucks out against the Panthers third stringers). Talking about momentum...

You are supposed to make a possitive impact by mid season. I guess he made an impact, just nobody told him it had to be a positive one.

Exactly - we are getting worse and going in the wrong direction and there seems to be no end in sight

Quinn is in over his head but quite frankly we are stuck with him for better or for worse for at least another 3 years

That is how good coaches finish in their first year, with alot of momentum. And we all know what happened in 1998,

Meanwhile Dan Quinn enjoyed a 6-1 and might finish 7-9 too (if he lucks out against the Panthers third stringers). Talking about momentum...

You are supposed to make a possitive impact by mid season. I guess he made an impact, just nobody told him it had to be a positive one.

Guest Homer the Brave

Coach Smith finished his first year as HC with an 11-5 record and a rookie QB. Yall wanted him fired after 2 bad seasons too.

I wish Blank had not meddled with the team after 2010. For the first time since the early 80s, we had an identity. Then Arty just had to eff with it.

Dan Reeves (bless his soul) was a head coach for 16 years before coming to Atlanta. The Mike Smith comparison at least make sense. However, neither saddled themselves with Shanahan.

We are not going to beat Carolina or the Aints. If we are going to win again this year, it will have to be next week.

But then again, Jacksonville just put up 50 on Indy.

If we get blown out by the Fighting Bortles, I can't imagine the meltdown levels.

You have just made a stupid thread. Good coaches get a chance. None of our coaches have gotten a chance since Arthur Blank has been the owner. He fires people too quick. What in the **** do you want from Dan Quinn? I guess it's his fault that Carolina is so good this season? It's his first year coaching as a head coach. How well were you when you first started your job?

Coach Smith finished his first year as HC with an 11-5 record and a rookie QB. Yall wanted him fired after 2 bad seasons too.

That's the thing. Two bad seasons. 32 games. Not 13 in his first after taking over a team who won 10 games in 32 games.

Quinn should at least get closer to 32 than 13...

We are not going to beat Carolina or the Aints. If we are going to win again this year, it will have to be next week.

If we get blown out by the Fighting Bortles, I can't imagine the meltdown levels.

Jacksonville will certainly win, and after it happens, no one will care enough to get mad.

Jacksonville is a team on the rise. They will definitely win because they're in the playoff hunt. They have their fans behind them and a good QB to boot. We won't win a game the rest of the year and why does it matter? We're not playing for anything now.

That's the thing. Two bad seasons. 32 games. Not 13 in his first after taking over a team who won 10 games in 32 games.

Quinn should at least get closer to 32 than 13...

The problem with Blank is he fires coaches too quick. Smith's team fell apart and was plagued with injuries.....fired. Dan Reeves lost his franchise QB in preseason and Vick was the only reason we won any games....fired. Quinn may or may not be the answer but dear god give the man a chance, not 13 games. Smith done for this franchise what no other coach ever did. I thought maybe the team out grew Smitty, no TD just kept giving him garbage to work with so I say he lost his fire BC his sorry team stopped playing for him.

I was actually thinking about this earlier. I was trying to think of the first year coaches had with new teams, and just collapsed.

Josh McDaniels came to mind.

It is very concerning.

Pete Carroll started 4-2, finished 3-7.

Either way, every situation is different. Who knows.

no i didn't want him fired after 2 bad seasons, i wanted him fired after a 1-4 playoff record along with 2 bad seasons.. the team was good 1 year, average 2 years and bad 4 years