Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ket222

What Could We Get For Ryan? Would Anyone Trade?

63 posts in this topic

I know i'll get flamed for this, and it will never happen ... but honestly what sort of draft picks could we get for ryan and which teams would trade for him.

Can someone explain to me why he isn't able to throw deep balls this season? Hasn't he done this in previous seasons? What would Ryan be like if he had Tom Brady's offensive line (lots of time)?

Unless someone can provide the alternative that will be better, I think this is just a ridiculous proposition.

It's not happening, and there isn't a QB that we can pick up that will be better. Not to mention the contract doesn't make that feasible for at least 2 years.

We need to ride with Matt. Shanahan needs to figure out how to build an offense around the talent he has, or we need a new OC.

I'm all for it if we can get the next Aaron Rodgers, or Tom Brady, but I think 8 years of good to great QB play deserves a year after being put in a new scheme, with a rookie HC with only 2 years of NFL experience as a coordinator, and an offensive coordinator that has burned bridges and shown regression every place he's been.

IronHead34 and hjerry like this

I don't think there is any way to trade him either. That said, people who know football (other teams) would line up to try and get him IMO. This is one bad season over a very good career so far. I think he would definitely fetch (2) first rounders at least, especially if this QB draft class isn't looking good. Remember, these bad teams like CLE, HOU, etc. have coaches and GMs that are trying to save their jobs, so they will pay a premium for a proven winner.

Unless someone can provide the alternative that will be better, I think this is just a ridiculous proposition.

It's not happening, and there isn't a QB that we can pick up that will be better. Not to mention the contract doesn't make that feasible for at least 2 years.

We need to ride with Matt. Shanahan needs to figure out how to build an offense around the talent he has, or we need a new OC.

I'm all for it if we can get the next Aaron Rodgers, or Tom Brady, but I think 8 years of good to great QB play deserves a year after being put in a new scheme, with a rookie HC with only 2 years of NFL experience as a coordinator, and an offensive coordinator that has burned bridges and shown regression every place he's been.

You could trade him cap wise....

However the pain comes when you also end up firing everyone else and then having to hire a new GM and HC and then hope there is a QB worth anything in the draft the next couple of years because there will be a lot of losing ahead.

We're talking a COMPLETE and total rebuild so you might as well trade Julio too.... and that should do wonders for PSL sales considering the stadium is opening in 2017.... to a most likely either empty stadium or filled with the opponents fans.

We'll have the nicest stadium for the visiting teams fans to take over.... which should look wonderful on TV.

There isn't any reason to trade Matt. It's obvious that Matt isn't the problem. Compare his career with Shanahan's and figure why he needs to go.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Plenty of team would take Ryan...it would be the dumbest move this franchise would have ever made to date. You don't get rid of a franchise QB in his 8th year because of one bad year....just say no.

How about after 3 straight bad seasons or 8 seasons with 1 playoff win?

Not sure. But I bet you could put in your copy of Madden 16, make sure you do a roster update, and make some offers. That should be a good gauge for ya!

he's not throwing the deep ball this year because deep routes don't exist in shanahan's offense and our receivers aren't getting separation on their garbage routes. why is this so hard to understand?

you would not want to trade Matt Ryan now - if you know anything about trading you know you don't sell an asset at its absolute bottom - and the Matt Ryan stock is as low as it has been in 8 years.

Wait it out and keep him or trade him but don't trade him now. Besides, if we trade him, we might be 4-12 for the next 8 seasons - ask Cleveland how easy it is to win with no QB whatsoever.

paulitik and IronHead34 like this

Um, we have seen how the Colts work. They would give half their team and a 1st for him.

No team is going to trade 2 1st for a QB who has done nothing except 1 playoff win in 8 years.... Its unrealistic. And if you think different you're kidding yourself.

No team is going to trade 2 1st for a QB who has done nothing except 1 playoff win in 8 years.... Its unrealistic. And if you think different you're kidding yourself.

Yea, I was making a joke. But thats OK.

LOL.

Someone clearly understands QB value in the NFL...