What Is He Really Thinking......

I wonder......What Dan Quinn's car ride home from the airport must have been like.......

Is he second guessing the choice of Shanahan? Does he think yesterday was a fluke? Does he think it's just related to not enough talent? Does he second guess the abilities of Matt Ryan? Or, does he just think to himself......."I wonder what's for dinner.?

I wish I understood the X's and O's like most on here (or that claim they do) to have a more detailed discussion, but I do know when I've hired someone for a "high level" position and they were not performing well, I've had those thoughts and many more.

Just wonder what "really" is going on in his mind after yesterday's performance?

We have to believe that its gets better from here. As for the coaches, they must look at the overall picture. There is not enough emphasis on personal here.

This staff and system should at least know what has been going wrong here. That's a start. It's determining the best steps to fix it moving forward is usually what the gamble is.

As for the Xs and Os, that's not the place to start, not right now. It starts with knowing how you want your team to be built, to be identified when coaches, players, sports analyst, commentators, and experts speak of your franchise. Next, you move to the personal and players, the recruiting.

This has not happen in a very long time with the Atlanta Falcons.

Rise UP! IT gets better.

I wonder......What Dan Quinn's car ride home from the airport must have been like.......

Is he second guessing the choice of Shanahan? Does he think yesterday was a fluke? Does he think it's just related to not enough talent? Does he second guess the abilities of Matt Ryan? Or, does he just think to himself......."I wonder what's for dinner.?

I wish I understood the X's and O's like most on here (or that claim they do) to have a more detailed discussion, but I do know when I've hired someone for a "high level" position and they were not performing well, I've had those thoughts and many more.

Just wonder what "really" is going on in his mind after yesterday's performance?

He has NO answers and when a coach can't explain what's going on it's time to show him the door.

Guest since'66

I think about this topic often actually. For many years. For years I've wondered not only what coaches and players think about this franchise but I wonder what it is that inspires current or future players or coaches to want to be employed by this franchise. I understand money and career obviously. But how about just day to day mundane things while playing/working for this franchise, like going out to a restaurant or anything in public. How about the embarassment that comes along with working for this franchise in dealing with the public/press/etc. Take former players like Tony Casillas who admitted in '90 that he wanted to work for a winning organization. He promptly went on to earn two superbowl rings with the Cowboys. Deion Sanders as well. Mike Kenn, could have been HOF. Steve Bartkowski, Tommy Nobis, etc. etc., on and on. I know it happens to all franchises at some time. But Atlanta has been one of the most consistent losing orginizations in the history of the NFL and a long term laughing stock franchise of the league. Seems to me future players/coaches would evaluate this fact before signing on. But I know money trumps alot of this.

I hope he realizes that Shanahan was a mistake..the players have not bought in. That much is obvious. Even the tv commentators were questioning why they don't take any shots down field with Julio..

True. What really gets me the most about the Falcons is the lack of accountability by the powers that be for them. Nothing has changed. Last season with Smitty as HC the Falcons kept getting preached to them that "They just needed to play tougher", and this season it's really no different because they keep getting preached to them "Well they just need to stop making mistakes" with no accountability or thought given that maybe Shanahans offensive scheme just doesn't work for them.

Protecting the QB should be the O-line's priority number one. I don't blame Matt Ryan, he's just trying to keep from getting crippled and make something happen but he has ZERO time, the O-line can't even snap the ball to him without him having to worry where it's going to go, and when they do snap it to him Matt has somebody in his face before he can take 2 steps. Maybe I'm a moron for thinking this, but when you sign a QB to a 100 Million dollar contract then priority number one should be protecting that QB so he can have time to do his job, not trying to force him into learning a scheme that isn't working and might possibly get him crippled. I think Matt doesn't approve of the offensive scheme at all, so I don't see Matt Ryan coming around to this failing idea Shanahan has for the offense. But it's not just Matt, I think Julio Jones had something to say about the scheme also and that's why he hasn't been in the game in the red zone. JMO....

The thing that worries me the most about the Falcons is while it might be true that Dan Quinn is playing with a bunch of players from the Mike Smith era, the same people who choose those players are still choosing them, so I don't see nothing changing moving forward with this franchise.

I can see this coaching staff coming back this week and telling the Falcons players "We just need to execute better" which translates to Mike Smith's comments last year saying "We just need to play tougher" instead of the coaching staff saying "What were going to do is try something different, what we've been trying just isn't working". That will never happen.

Julio not being in there in the red zone makes no sense to me at all, Falcons started to go into the no huddle and were making a little progress and then it's like Shanahan decided he didn't like that because he wasn't making all the play calls.

Either way, I'm a die hard Falcons fan and will always be a Falcons fan, but yesterday's game I felt was even worse than the playoff game against the Giants, and what made it worse for me is the fact that I felt while watching the game that the offense and defense had just give up trying because they don't believe in what they are being coached and told to do. JMO......

Q is thinking "I told them fast, I told them physical, I told them ball and I

told them finish". I told the fans wait until you see our "style" we play with?

I have to meet with my man "T" and see if he has any more really cool stuff

I can tell them because this is "unacceptable"!