4Th & Goal..... No Julio

hotlanta

Sure the game was out of reach at this point but did anyone else notice that on 4th & goal our best player and best mismatch was on the sideline? I mention this because Shanahan has a habit of doing things like this.

Last week Julio mentioned he wasn't sure why he wasn't getting more looks in the redzone, he mentioned how they practice fades and jump balls during practice but come game time his number isn't being call. We all know Shanahan has an ego, but would he actually sit Julio on a 4th down play because he spoke out about it?

- 2010 McNabb asked/complained about throwing more screens, McNabb gets benched and Shanahan uses screen passes with Grossman as the starter

- Roddy complains about not getting more looks, reporters question Shanahan on using Roddy... Starts game vs Colts by targeting Roddy on 3 straight plays.

Deion and Marshall Faulk said it best tonight "Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons have one big problem and his last name is... Shanahan"

Julio left the game after he made the big catch/run, 5 plays before the 4th and goal. He never came back on the field after that play. I noticed he wasn't on the field on 3rd down, so I rewound the game on my DVR after the failed 4th down, and he left the field after that big play & never came back. Some speculated in chat that he was hurt, but after the tackle, TV showed him hopping up and heading back to the huddle. I'd be a little surprised if it were an injury unless it was something he felt on the way back to the huddle. No trainers ever came out to look at him because even with the injury to the Carolina safety you know TV would have focused on a Julio injury. I really question whether or not he was pulled because of the effort he gave on that play to move the ball down the field. It seems rather suspicious that he was pulled to "conserve" him or prevent injury at that point, just after making a big play. As much as you would hate to think it, it's almost like he was pulled for trying to play well.

I had no clue he was injured, if he was hurt that would explain why he wasn't out there. Otherwise there are no excuses why the best WR in the league isn't out there

Falcon app said nothing about an injury.

I have Julio for fantasy and was hoping at least we could get a garbage touchdown but I can also confirm he wasn't on the field after his big play.

Quick someone defend Shanahan again and tell me about the yards and how execution is the problem...

Falcon app said nothing about an injury.

I have Julio for fantasy and was hoping at least we could get a garbage touchdown but I can also confirm he wasn't on the field after his big play.

Quick someone defend Shanahan again and tell me about the yards and how execution is the problem...

Nobody has said anything about a Julio injury, at least nothing I can find. Like I said earlier, he hopped up and looked like he was walking back to the huddle & then poof, he disappeared from the game. It's more than just the red zone that he wasn't in for, the next play went to Williams for 29 yards & Julio wasn't on the field for that play or any of the red zone plays. Here's a link to the video of the play http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015121307/2015/REG14/falcons@panthers#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000600188&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Was just strange, and still no comments about any injuries. As stupid as it sounds, it's looking more like he was pulled because he was still giving effort on the field.

He wasn't injured. They probably saw the corner get hurt on that garbage time play and took him out just in case.

Then why not pull Freeman or Ryan at the same time? There was a long time out as their safety was carted off the field, plenty of time for Renfree to warm up and come in the game. Makes no sense at all to pull him just as we're starting to make our 1st drive of the game and have a chance to put up some points and avoid the complete humiliation. That next play was going to be only the 6th play we ran on the Carolina side of the field.

Nobody has said anything about a Julio injury, at least nothing I can find. Like I said earlier, he hopped up and looked like he was walking back to the huddle & then poof, he disappeared from the game. It's more than just the red zone that he wasn't in for, the next play went to Williams for 29 yards & Julio wasn't on the field for that play or any of the red zone plays. Here's a link to the video of the play http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015121307/2015/REG14/falcons@panthers#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000600188&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Was just strange, and still no comments about any injuries. As stupid as it sounds, it's looking more like he was pulled because he was still giving effort on the field.

Yeah I didn't see him after that big play but I wasn't watching the game intently either.

None of that made sense to me. The Panthers had their backups in at that point.