I Would Honestly Be Okay With Pushing The Reset Button With This Staff

ryantlanta

Carroll was on verge of being fired there? They were 7-9 with a terrible roster (this roster is nowhere near as bad) and fought. Beat the Saints. Even the next season they didn't look as bad as we do now and they certainly didn't lose like we're losing now. Check their 2011 schedule. Just because Quinn came from Seattle doesn't mean he's going to be any good.

Losing 9 in a row opens up the conversation.

TD will be fired before Quinn

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there is only one head coach that doesn't chose his own coordinators and that's Jason Garrett. Paula is irrational. But females that are on their periods usually are

You don't think that Shanahan being forced out is taking power from Quinn? How is that irrational? They did it to Smitty with the Nolan hire. This happens all the time.

Just stop.

We dumped the winningest coach in our history, we draft for crap, our free agency additions are a joke, and we hired a Shanahan who ruined our QB.

We are the Browns.

Honestly if you think about it most the blame should go to Harold Richardson. In 2000, he had the chance to draft Tom Brady and didn't. Glad he's gone now.

That article is pretty mixed.

Seahawks fired Mora after one year and hired Carroll and then won a super bowl.

Did you read it?

I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't read it. The odds of that happening are a lot lower than the odds of firing Quinn after 16 games being a mistake.

You saw one example and somehow think it disproves the point? We could end up with Lane Kiffin, Dennis Allen, Tony Sparano, Mike Pettine. But just focus on Pete Carroll...

I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't read it. The odds of that happening are a lot lower than the odds of firing Quinn after 16 games being a mistake.

You saw one example and somehow think it disproves the point? We could end up with Lane Kiffin, Dennis Allen, Tony Sparano, Mike Pettine. But just focus on Pete Carroll...

You're saying you read it but your comments seem to contradict. The author was pretty mixed on it. Are you saying you disagree with him? While teams might not have won the SB the next year outside of Oakland and Cleveland most of the moves were good decisions. Sparano was used as an example of it being good decision. So was Sherman. So was Turner. Carroll just happens to be the one that made the SB and won but all of those other guys went on to win the division or make the playoffs in the coming years.

More than that, what did the guys they fired end up doing in that article?

**crickets**

We don't need have the players to run Quinn's system. The system relies on having top talent, and we have very little talent. That's on the front office.

If your system relies on top talent you're not a very good coach. What's the point of having a coaching staff if all you have is top level talent? Coaches are there to make the mediocre guys see their full potential. Quinn isn't doing that and neither did Smith.

You're saying you read it but your comments seem to contradict. The author was pretty mixed on it. Are you saying you disagree with him? While teams might not have won the SB the next year outside of Oakland and Cleveland most of the moves were good decisions. Sparano was used as an example of it being good decision. So was Sherman. So was Turner. Carroll just happens to be the one that made the SB and won but all of those other guys went on to win the division or make the playoffs in the coming years.

More than that, what did the guys they fired end up doing in that article?

**crickets**

How do my comments contradict?

It's not about the guys who got fired, it's about the guy that replaced him. Yall want to reset, which assumes you can find better after only a 16 game sample.

Gus Bradley has won 11 games in four years. Wildly successful.

Dennis Allen won 8 games in two years before getting fired. So much success.

Sparano won 11 games year one, then didn't post a single winning season. Is that what yall want in a reset? Lol just to call for another one in three years? F*ck stability right?

Do I need to explain Kiffin or Spurrier?

You literally have to go back at least 15 years to find another example of it working beyond Pete Carroll. That's my point.

Crickets my asss.