Is Political Correctness Impeding Our Rights To Be Safe?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On April 25, 2016 at 10:14 AM, dirtyhairy said:

Electric Cars are all the rage on the left. Why is that? Why are windmills such a fascination to the left? 

13043236_1166009463423913_49769170191352

Propaganda much? 

Let's post the nicest pic we can find of one thing, and place it next to the worst pic we can find of another. 

Fracking. Great for all. 

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, WORilla said:

Propaganda much? 

Let's post the nicest pic we can find of one thing, and place it next to the worst pic we can find of another. 

Fracking. Great for all. 

image.jpeg

I don't think you know what goes into fracking. It's been around since the 50's and is in many countries. The water on fire propoganda has been dispelled as well. Fracking is very safe. Now, those batteries for electric cars, NOT SAFE.

4 minutes ago, dirtyhairy said:

I don't think you know what goes into fracking. It's been around since the 50's and is in many countries. The water on fire propoganda has been dispelled as well. Fracking is very safe. Now, those batteries for electric cars, NOT SAFE.

"Very safe" 

Theres certainly a point to be made about the mining of precious minerals for hybrid batteries, but comparing it to fracking is a nonstarter. 

Mince again a real issue is being politicized rather than legitamitely discussing the issue. 

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Fracking is allowing you to enjoy the cheaper gas prices at the pump...

I could have been clearer. My point wasn't about fracking per say. Just that comparing the top is politically driven and not really addressing the issue at hand. 

Getting lithium is hurtful as well. But saying "argh so you hate fracking?! Hyprocrit!" Is unessesary. 

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

while I am no fan of WFW, he has a point

why would people talk about the need to assure education, healthcare, food, and housing and not safety? why would those others be more important?

Safety is a relative term. If I have the right to safety, then statistically we should ban all firearms before we worry about possible immigrants being terrorists. 

10 hours ago, Free Radical said:

Safety is a relative term. If I have the right to safety, then statistically we should ban all firearms before we worry about possible immigrants being terrorists. 

so you are saying it is your belief that banning firearms would prevent criminals from having them?

because if not, then I fail to see the point

"After a shooting spree they always want to take guns  away  from those who didn't do it. I sure as  h3ll wouldn't want to live in a society where the people only allowed guns are the police and military "

William S  Burroughs 

Edited by Owsley
Mistake
10 minutes ago, Free Radical said:

It would work because we, the United States, is the supplier of the weapons, not cartels in South America. 

and you don't think that the cartels wouldn't just start acting as suppliers? 

how is it that the key to stopping the illegal drug trade is drug legalization but somehow banning guns wouldn't turn into the same situation?

50 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

how is it that the key to stopping the illegal drug trade is drug legalization but somehow banning guns wouldn't turn into the same situation?

The cartels get the guns from us. We don't make them, then they start running out of guns and ammunition. 

5 hours ago, Dago 3.0 said:

And we're talking about safety by the way. John Doe getting high on Alabama Kush isn't a threat to me, while John Doe with a closet full of firearms and a slightly special son deciding now is the time to cleanse society is.