If The Season Ended Today We Would Be Drafting 16Th

Begotten912

I used to think draft order was super important, but after realizing the better franchises in the league end up with good players no matter how low they draft because they have the coaching and infrastructure in place to spot potential and build the players they want. The question is whether we have that ability at this point in time.

Don't worry, with this passing scheme , we will end up drafting higher that last year... You can count on that.. Unless they admit that the passing game is way way off and ditch half of it to reinstall the plays we won with the last 5 years . And I'm not sure anybody is willing to eat crow and fess up that changing our passing game was a huge back fire. Every other change was needed badly,, But our Passing game was great before the change. WE will not ever be a great team until the passing game is changed back to what we did best.

Love our RBs but I'd try my best to Draft RB Henry in this coming draft, even thou Freeman and Coleman are good backs, Henry is that beast we need to wear down the opposing Ds. Then we need to spend all our FACY money on OL that can protect Matt and draft a couple in the middle of this draft is one or two are worthy.

Don't worry, with this passing scheme , we will end up drafting higher that last year... You can count on that.. Unless they admit that the passing game is way way off and ditch half of it to reinstall the plays we won with the last 5 years . And I'm not sure anybody is willing to eat crow and fess up that changing our passing game was a huge back fire. Every other change was needed badly,, But our Passing game was great before the change. WE will not ever be a great team until the passing game is changed back to what we did best.

Love our RBs but I'd try my best to Draft RB Henry in this coming draft, even thou Freeman and Coleman are good backs, Henry is that beast we need to wear down the opposing Ds. Then we need to spend all our FACY money on OL that can protect Matt and draft a couple in the middle of this draft is one or two are worthy.

So much potato I don't even know where to begin

We'll probably finish up right around 16th in the draft, too. I see us going 7-9 or 8-8, but what we do from here on out will barely impact our draft situation, given there are so many teams that will still be worse than us.

That's not a terrible place to draft, though... check out the picks from the last few years in the 11-20 range:

OT D.J. Fluker
CB D.J. Hayden

DT Sheldon Richardson

DT Star Lotulelei

S Kenny Vaccaro

QB E.J. Manuel

LB Jarvis Jones

S Eric Reid

OT Justin Pugh

OG Kyle Long

OT Taylor Lewan

WR Odell Beckham, Jr.

DT Aaron Donald

CB Kyle Fuller

LB Ryan Shazier

OG Zack Martin

LB C. J. Mosley

S Calvin Pryor

OT Ja'Wuan James

WR Brandin Cooks

CB Trae Waynes

DT Danny Shelton

OT Andrus Peat

WR DeVante Parker

RB Melvin Gordon

CB Kevin Johnson

DE Arik Armstead

CB Marcus Peters

OG Cameron Erving

WR Nelson Agholor

There are a lot of good players still available in the teens. The 2014 class looks especially impressive.

Maybe we'll even get lucky and have Myles Jack or Jaylon Smith fall into our laps.

I used to think draft order was super important, but after realizing the better franchises in the league end up with good players no matter how low they draft because they have the coaching and infrastructure in place to spot potential and build the players they want. The question is whether we have that ability at this point in time.

This is why teams like the Falcons need to weight their drafts on best player available then go after position of need. If the best player there is at a position of need great, but with so many holes time to get the baddest mother we can. Have no doubt that they need a new GM and scouting department also.

Tanking is a bad thing in football. I don't care how high it gets your draft pick, especially for an organization that makes about one really good draft pick every 3 years. And on a base level....losing on purpose is cancerous and inexcusable for people being paid actual fortunes to play games.

This team is so dysfunctional I don't see another win on their schedule, Saints and Jags can both out score the Falcons unless something major happens. Panthers are gonna drill them a new one at home and away.

Tanking is a bad thing in football. I don't care how high it gets your draft pick, especially for an organization that makes about one really good draft pick every 3 years. And on a base level....losing on purpose is cancerous and inexcusable for people being paid actual fortunes to play games.

I agree, but if you are just a horrible team and not losing on purpose it's cool.As bad as this team has been playing, how would we know if they were even tanking. If it had not been for the NFC East, we would be on the clock.

Uhhhh. No. Why on earth would we waste a pick on a RB. When we gave so many other needs. Our running game isn't the problem

we still have time to lose out and maybe the jags and a few other teams go on a winning streak

It's only tanking if you actually try to lose. If it comes naturally like for us, you get to have your cake and eat it too.

Archived