We Are Going To Beat The Panthers

TSprings

I am tired of Cam Newton

I am tired of negativity

I am tired of losing

I am tired for everyone calling for the end of Matt Ryan

eff em.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Falcons can and WILL beat the Panthers at least once.

This is exactly the type of game that a team like us needs, a chance to redeem what they can and beat the best team in the NFL right now, who happens to be a division foe.

The Falcons average 400 yards a game to the Panthers 375 yet only score 23ppg to 31ppg. Whats the difference? Execution.

On defense we only give up 343 to the Panthers 332. The Difference? Tenacity. The Panthers D steps up when they need too. This doesn't show up in the stats but could you imagine the Panthers D giving up that 20yd scramble to Winston with the game on the line? They don't because they are undefeated and believe that they wont let that happen, so it doesn't.

The Falcons are deflated and in need of a big win. When the talking heads say oh were are playing the Panthers twice the next four games the end is near for the Falcons I get excited and I am sure the players do too.

The Falcons struggles are as a result of playing weak. They thought they were one thing, lost a few games and then convinced themselves that they are not. Everyone in that locker room is tired of losing the same way we are. They will be ready for the Panthers.

I play football at Richmond and have a FCS quarterfinal game coming up vs Illinois State Friday. Its safe to say I have been on a few football teams. When I watch the Falcons this is what I see...

Rise UP

I admire your optimism, but I'm quite certain the Falcons will lose both games to Carolina, and I'm thinking that Jacksonville will beat the Falcons as well. Nothing, and I mean nothing the Falcons are doing now resembles a team that can win a game. There is a very easy blueprint to follow if a team is going to beat the Falcons, and it is simply predicated on rushing Matt Ryan with just 3 linemen, and putting everyone into coverage. The Falcons OL can't block anybody and there is no time to get the ball to Julio on most pass plays. Couple these things to the fact that the Falcons will get behind early and abandon the run, or not run very well when they come back to it. Toward the end of the game the Falcons will attempt some up tempo/no-huddle, but it's too late by then. The Falcons simply SUCK this year, and that is not going to change.

Edited by 4dabirds

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, the Falcons will beat the Panthers once this year. Just as we were all convinced that the Falcons would beat NO on Thursday Night Football then was upset. So shall the Panthers be upset by the lowly Falcons. This is how the NFL is.

Well the good news is that Carolina is due to lose one of these, and the Vegas number is a little lower than expected.

The bad news is that they are a really bad match-up for the 2015 Falcons.

Conclusion: Probably more of the same. Another close loss that will leave everyone scratching their heads.

I saw Third Eye Blind when they came to my county fair a a couple years ago, was in the front row. I can say they were largely outdone by Live/Everclear who came the year before.

They only thing I am scared of about the Panthers is being able to cover Cam Newton scrambling. They have the 27th ranked passing attack. If I were DQ id use Philip Wheeler to spy. We can move the ball on anybody and have done so all year with the exception being maybe the Titans. All other times it has been a lack of turning inside the 50 yard trips into points.

And I still believe unlike many that Matt Ryan/Julio Jones gives us a chance to win any game. Matt is fed up. You could see it when Hardy dropped the 3rd down conversion pass to give the Bucs their final possession. The only time the offense has done well lately is when he puts it in his hands and runs the no-huddle.

Edited by TSprings

For the Falcons to have a chance, they gotta stop the Panthers run game. Which is easier said than done. Panthers probably have one of the more creative run offenses in the league.

If the run isn't stopped and play action is allowed to be utilized successfully, then it will be over before it begins. Cam and his no-name WRs have been putting on air shows lately. Ginn is lightning fast, he will drop a LOT, but, he will also make one or two key catches, deep, a game.

Ryan will have to try and outsmart Kuechly.

For the Falcons to have a chance, they gotta stop the Panthers run game. Which is easier said than done. Panthers probably have one of the more creative run offenses in the league.

If the run isn't stopped and play action is allowed to be utilized successfully, then it will be over before it begins. Cam and his no-name WRs have been putting on air shows lately. Ginn is lightning fast, he will drop a LOT, but, he will also make one or two key catches, deep, a game.

Ryan will have to try and outsmart Kuechly.

So you are telling me there's a chance? Seriously, Cam and the no-names have been putting on air shows. They are clicking. The Saints and Brees were giving their defense he*ll, but they kept coming back. We are going to have to play a mistake free game and basically the best game all year to beat the Panthers. Not saying that we can't, but we more than likely won't.

Carolina has been a bad matchup for Atlanta for awhile, even when the Falcons were better and the Panthers were worse.

The supposed advantages ATL had this year - better rushing offense and defense - have evaporated recently. Freeman has fallen back to earth and the Run D has been gashed the last two weeks.

Newton has nearly as many passing TDs the last three weeks as Ryan has for the whole season. The Panthers can get pressure with 4 DL and the Falcons can't tackle a big QB with 5 defenders.

The only hope Atlanta has of winning either is Carolina clinching homefield before Week 16 and resting their starters.