Money Troubles And Heart Failure

South GA Bird

My oh my how money can change a man and his heart. What's wrong with Matt Ryan and many in this league? Heart failure. Think about this guys. What incentive does Matt have to improve, achieve greatness, lead our team? He doesn't. I am a business owner that employs several minimum wage employees. Most of them have a work ethic that many employers would die for. However, the people that I have employed with good salaries have sorely disappointed me because they feel they are irreplaceable or their worth has been proven when it hasn't. No matter how much you pay an individual sometimes it doesn't guarantee work performance. Character and a desire to work hard is many times ingrained in a person from the start. I would love to see every player on a weekly basis have to earn their money just like the rest of the working world. Matt has been paid to be one of the greatest and has sorely fell short of that. These new crop of players coming in have catastrophic heart problems ie. Johnny Football. I have no beef with the money these guys make if it's earned but too many with Ryan being a glaring example are suffering from entitlement issues leading to serious heart failure.

Ryan has not shown prior to this season to be that way....just like Julio continues to beast out there with a huge payday. Ryan is straight dogging it this season though, my god.

it shows in his press conferences after the game. Like a **** recording stuck on repeat. Julio is a fighter and a worker. It shows in his effort and emotion. His sister works right around the corner from me and she tells me about all the work Julio has always done. It is engrained in him and his family. She is a great gal and a pleasure to talk to.

it shows in his press conferences after the game. Like a **** recording stuck on repeat. Julio is a fighter and a worker. It shows in his effort and emotion. His sister works right around the corner from me and she tells me about all the work Julio has always done. It is engrained in him and his family. She is a great gal and a pleasure to talk to.

I wouldn't agree with this at all. Since our first loss MR has had more and more anger in his body language in the press conferences. He's far from satisfied with what's going on. He's angry and embarrassed big time. Guy has heart in truck loads.

I wouldn't agree with this at all. Since our first loss MR has had more and more anger in his body language in the press conferences. He's far from satisfied with what's going on. He's angry and embarrassed big time. Guy has heart in truck loads.

Heart goes further than simply showing anger that I personally haven't seen. If you dangle a carrot in front of a hungry dog vs one that's stuffed full which one is going to want it worse. With Ryan the Benjamin's outweigh any legacy. Pre Matt Ryan 100 million dollar man played with more piss and vinegar. It's not just Matt it's the state of a lot of today's players.

I was going to post a thread similar this. There is only few teams left in this league that play with heart, why I'm a much bigger college fan. I wanna see the falcons play with the effort I saw from both michigan state and Iowa sat night. Freeman, Julio, and tru are the only players we have with that kind of heart

I think there's plenty of piss and vinegar. Most of the vinegar is on his right arm, along with a little olive oil and maybe some feta and basil...

Sorry....I just couldn't resist that. God, please forgive me, I'm cracking myself up. ;)

I think Matt has a ton of heart to be honest. His desire was never his problem. He gets as much out of less raw talent than almost any QB in the league. But it looks to me like he's nearing the end.

I was going to post a thread similar this. There is only few teams left in this league that play with heart, why I'm a much bigger college fan. I wanna see the falcons play with the effort I saw from both michigan state and Iowa sat night. Freeman, Julio, and tru are the only players we have with that kind of heart

This is exactly right. College players still play for the motivation of pride, team and a desire to be the best irregardless if they make the league or not. I could name a dump truck full of players that have spiraling careers after they sign the fat contracts and become set so to speak. The ones that continue to excel and achieve greatness do so because of their heart, character and drive no matter what they are paid. That's exactly what I was saying in my original post.

I think there's plenty of piss and vinegar. Most of the vinegar is on his right arm, along with a little olive oil and maybe some feta and basil...

Sorry....I just couldn't resist that. God, please forgive me, I'm cracking myself up. ;)

I think Matt has a ton of heart to be honest. His desire was never his problem. He gets as much out of less raw talent than almost any QB in the league. But it looks to me like he's nearing the end.

I give you a 10 on the noodle arm reference. Well done my friend

My oh my how money can change a man and his heart. What's wrong with Matt Ryan and many in this league? Heart failure. Think about this guys. What incentive does Matt have to improve, achieve greatness, lead our team? He doesn't. I am a business owner that employs several minimum wage employees. Most of them have a work ethic that many employers would die for. However, the people that I have employed with good salaries have sorely disappointed me because they feel they are irreplaceable or their worth has been proven when it hasn't. No matter how much you pay an individual sometimes it doesn't guarantee work performance. Character and a desire to work hard is many times ingrained in a person from the start. I would love to see every player on a weekly basis have to earn their money just like the rest of the working world. Matt has been paid to be one of the greatest and has sorely fell short of that. These new crop of players coming in have catastrophic heart problems ie. Johnny Football. I have no beef with the money these guys make if it's earned but too many with Ryan being a glaring example are suffering from entitlement issues leading to serious heart failure.

Just a huge swing and a miss bro. Whiffff.....

We have been over this before. Matt Ryan and the rest of the Falcons problems have nothing to do with heart or work ethic. Go back and watch Ryan crawl up peoples a$$es and even Smitty would go off in the locking room when you read reports from Falcons beat writers. We have had players that didn't put out the effort,don't get me wrong, but those guys always get cut. The effort is there, it's just a lack of focus and execution and in Ryan's case it's trying to do much with a system that he has not completely grasped. So if anything Matt is trying too hard and that is causing some of the issues.

Ryans gone from get the **** off my field Ryan to **** I just threw another game ending INT better put my cap on and sit on the sideline

Thats one of the things that I have seen in him this year that is very concerning. I know we all have differences in opinion but I would love to see more of that fiery side again. I wish he had a young stud pushing his axe for the position. Look how it motivated Free even with him being a young guy. Competition breeds the ol competition.

Ryans gone from get the **** off my field Ryan to **** I just threw another game ending INT better put my cap on and sit on the sideline

Thats one of the things that I have seen in him this year that is very concerning. I know we all have differences in opinion but I would love to see more of that fiery side again. I wish he had a young stud pushing his axe for the position. Look how it motivated Free even with him being a young guy. Competition breeds the ol competition.

Matts got plenty of heart.

Oh, and Freeman didn't need anyone to push him. That kid has always had fire.

Matts got plenty of heart.

Oh, and Freeman didn't need anyone to push him. That kid has always had fire.

j am just not seeing that desire to win from him this year and finish. He showed it earlier but it has waned. Matt has no repercussion to his actions. He has gotten complacent with mediocrity and that big contract is one reason why. There is no threat of job loss of to be better than he is. That's where the heart and inner drive seperates him from the elites Brady, Manning Rothlisberger etc

j am just not seeing that desire to win from him this year and finish. He showed it earlier but it has waned. Matt has no repercussion to his actions. He has gotten complacent with mediocrity and that big contract is one reason why. There is no threat of job loss of to be better than he is. That's where the heart and inner drive seperates him from the elites Brady, Manning Rothlisberger etc

Contracts in the NFL are not guaranteed and neither is Matt's. So he has everything to play for. Do you really think somebody would subject themselves to what Matt has, the number of sacks he has taken the last few years as one example, if he had no work ethic. A QB that doesn't care would just hightail it out of the pocket and run out of bounds or throw the ball away almost immediately when they got pressure, rather than just stand in there and get hammered in an effort to complete the pass. Come on what you are saying is just wrong.

Contracts in the NFL are not guaranteed and neither is Matt's. So he has everything to play for. Do you really think somebody would subject themselves to what Matt has, the number of sacks he has taken the last few years as one example, if he had no work ethic. A QB that doesn't care would just hightail it out of the pocket and run out of bounds or throw the ball away almost immediately when they got pressure, rather than just stand in there and get hammered in an effort to complete the pass. Come on what you are saying is just wrong.

Matt was guaranteed 42 million on his contract. Cams not making that excuse he gets if done and I don't care for him one iota. Money has changed this game plain and simple. Matt has no fear of job loss because of the investment Blank has put in him. He is not a rookie fighting to prove himself. Brady for example plays every game with a chip on his shoulder. He sacrifices all he has and doesn't push blame or make excuses for bad play. So yeah he puts all he has out there because he has the heart of a champion. I want Matt to have that but I am afraid his regression tells otherwise. Edited by South GA Bird

Maybe Matt is succumbing to 'chronic concussion syndrome' give all the physical abuse he has absorbed for this team in his 8 years here, but to say that he is 'playing out the string' because he is only interested in getting paid is pure BS. Of all the players who have been Falcons over the past 8 years, none have had more placed on their shoulders by very average teams than Matt Ryan. He has consistently accepted blame when it was obviously not always his fault; has not pointed a finger at anyone but himself after losses; remained free of controversy on and off the field, and now in one year which happens to coincide with a C-change in coaches and scheme, he is selfish, forgotten his Pro Bowl skills and 'just doesn't care anymore?! That is beyond BS...that is evidence that someone has either only recently become a fan, or has a severe memory loss.

If anything he proving a point that the team can't rely on one receiver when there's others being paid... So he forcing throws. This IS NOT Matt Ryan. Shabby has play calls for specific receivers. There's no check downs because the plays are designed to go there not there. Which is why Ryan forces the ball and it gets picked. Only explanation. Went back and watched his game play from 3 seasons ago til now. You can see it. Ryan locks in and throws. He scheme is made to play quick but not too quick kinda like chip Kelly offense slowed down is what shabby is. There is no check downs no reads ... So if Julios Tripled Ryan still Will force it. It's the plays and the calls from shanny. Football players work hard to get were they're at. What your saying is they're not playing with spirit and wanting to play. Football is fun. And to be a player out there and not winning isnt fun and just embarrassing nationally. These guys are people who are working day by day like everyone else, so... I think your wrong about Ryan not wanting to play to win... If anything he's trying to prove what Shanny said about Roddy was wrong and Julio isn't the only receiver on the team but... I doubt it's because of lack of drive. Sure manzel had his head in the clouds and we've seen those kind of players before. That's old news but usually it's players that think they need more money if there's a problem within the locker rock some sort we see that. There's no money issue with Ryan and I'm still content on his 100mil contract. He isn't the real issue... It's easy to tell if you go back and watch games. Even the games we lost last year Ryan was making the throws he s not this year. I still see the drive and emotion so your wrong about that. The Real question you get when watching those old games is why is he doing this now? Ryan's still a top 10 Qb. Still Solid. As a MultiBusiness owner, I know I can't just look at one set of numbers... I have to go back, find the problem and compare and adjust. You can make 500k in one year for 5 years in a row and then make 300k the next 2 and the 200k the year after. You don't panic and wipe clean ... You evaluate and go forward. Management might have done there jobs no differently the pasts 10 tens years and the Business is just in a rut reflecting on certain circumstances and a lot of things could reflect that. The issues can be adjusted and you could make 700k a year the next 2 years and make up for the Rut. It's about poise and drive. Ryan has the drive... The issue isn't with his decisions. It s someone else's becuase he isn't deciding. He's doing what he's told and paid to do. I see it. If you were a good business man and looking at it in dept then I don't think you would make that rant lol. I own 22 motels and 15 hotel in Atlanta alone. I can see your statement if he started out that way... Even the 2 years before this he put up top 5 numbers... so... The issue clearly is not him himself. It's someone else or something else. Fact.

Edited by Aries2887

^agreed obviously there not watching or have not watched Ryan over the past 5 years this is his 1st year of regression... The last 2 still top tier with no protection. Simple. He's it it to do his job anyone who see different needs to watch his games more and pay attention.