The Worst Part Is... Beasley & Collins Are Just Awful

Radiohead

Yet more than a few people around here spent a lot of keystrokes frying Smith for not starting a fourth round draft pick over Jackson last year.

Idk I would've much rather had Freeman get the reps instead of aging Jackson. Same with Collins, dude is getting his whippings but I would rather him get beat as a rookie than a veteran like Adams get beat. At least there is a chance they will improve. Smith was stubborn when it came to sticking with his vets.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every NFL fan has their own opinion and mindset going in.

Unfortunately, 90% of those fans opinions are just wrong.

including yours

Personally, I think you are right on Collins....we all knew he was a project, and at least to date we are seeing why he was not a regular starter in college.

You could make that argument in favor of Antonio Cromartie too...but they are few and few between examples of guys like him

Both of these guys were projects. No consistency on tape whatsoever. I knew Vic wasn't "that dude". And I like the guy.. I just didn't see it when I watched him play, in person, every home game at Clemson..Didnt know too much about Collins, but we all know that TD has to have his wtf pick every year. No suprise there.I guess Quinn knew we'd suck this year anyway, so..........Why not take a chance on potential? Only thing I can come up with..

I've seen Collins play at lsU and he wasn't impressive at all.

including yours

Personally, I think you are right on Collins....we all knew he was a project, and at least to date we are seeing why he was not a regular starter in college.

You could make that argument in favor of Antonio Cromartie too...but they are few and few between examples of guys like him

Another couple of guys are Brent Grimes and Josh Norman. I remember around these boards some people thought he was way too small to be an impact and wanted him benched in favor of Chris Owens.

Josh Norman had a rough couple of years in Carolina but is now a probowl type guy. Some guys take longer than others to develop. I'm hoping Collins can turn it around and fix what he needs to work on. Has the tools just has to fix the mistakes.

Another couple of guys are Brent Grimes and Josh Norman. I remember around these boards some people thought he was way too small to be an impact and wanted him benched in favor of Chris Owens.

Josh Norman had a rough couple of years in Carolina but is now a probowl type guy. Some guys take longer than others to develop. I'm hoping Collins can turn it around and fix what he needs to work on. Has the tools just has to fix the mistakes.

That's why all of the talk in this thread about Collins and Beasley is complete lunacy. Trying to single out rookies is stupid as hel. If we were 2-3 years into their careers and they have not shown any improvements then there may be a point to be made.

Where is all the bitching about Babs, Durant, Schofield and Clayborn?

Edited by FentayeJones

That's why all of the talk in this thread about Collins and Beasley is complete lunacy. Trying to single out rookies is stupid as hel. If we were 2-3 years into their careers and they have not shown any improvements then there may be a point to be made.

Where is all the bitching about Babs, Durant, Schofield and Clayborn?

Yeah that's how I feel as well. I'm willing to let them learn from their mistakes early on as rookies but these "vets" like Moore, Durant, Reed, Worrilow, and Toilolo make bone head plays and you don't see them getting blasted as much as the rookies. It's funny to me.

Atown, Im a Deandre Hopkins fan(relative). When he left Clemson I basically stopped keeping up with Clemson football..I'll watch em every now and then, but haven't watched any certain player specifically..Well not enough to give my opinion on him..

Dang I gotcha. Well tell your boy Deandre I always thought he was better than Watkins haha.

how many rookie DE's have a huge impact tho? Aldon Smith comes to mind but he was in a special rush package on the most talented D-line in the NFL. Even Khalil Mack only had 3-4 sacks last year and is getting a ton of praise this season.

Mack was balling out last year too. You could tell he was going to be a stud. I live in the bay area so I had ample opportunities to see him play. Guys like Chandler Jones, Ziggy Ansah and Tamba Hali come to mind off the top of my head of guys that came in an contributed.

Again, I'm not asking Beasley to put up 10 sacks this year. Heck, I'm not even asking him to be dominant this year. But we need him to contribute to this pass rush. As it stands, Beasley has had very little contribution towards the pass rush. It is as bad as last year, and years prior.

I could write a post pointing out how what looked like a decent O-line has turned into a raging dumpster fire, but they were pieced together all year (although I'll still never understand releasing Joe Hawley).

Or, I could talk about how the Falcons continue to force an inefficient and cringeworthy passing game onto an opposing defense (even while the Falcons maintain a lead), while they have arguably the best RB in the entire NFL.

I could even write about how a defense with next to nil pass rush effectiveness almost never blitzes, and yet, even when they rush only 4, the LB corps cannot cover ANYTHING over the middle or stop a rushing QB from gaining 20 yards on a 3rd & 18.

But, I digress, this post is about the Falcons future and how sour it truly looks folks.

I have said since the preseason that Vic Beasley just looks unnatural, ill-fit and worst of all, uninspired to do much of anything. Just focus your attention on him, if you can stomach watching the rest of the games this year. He is absolute trash. I don't see anything resembling even an ounce of "know-how" technique, burst, or even the slightest glimmer of hope with this kid.

-- He is totally overwhelmed by the game. Outmatched, outsized and outplayed by every single lineman he goes up against. I haven't seen a team double team him in god knows how many weeks. The angles he takes, that is if he can even muster enough willpower to shed a block, which almost never happens, are always wrong, he cannot ever set the edge and doesn't even get an arm out if he loses contain.

Collins, oh god... I can't even stomach going through his inadequacies.

-- This poor kid is so terrible. I kind of feel for him because after only 10 starts in college, he must have no clue how the **** he made it onto an NFL team, because I certainly don't.

So really, my fellow fans. All we can hope is that TD was the one who ultimately pulled the trigger on Beasley and Collins and that he will finally move on because whiffing on their 1st and 2nd Round picks this past Draft was the LAST thing this organization could afford to do in it's current status.

Why oh why couldn't they just draft LB in the 1st and OL in the 2nd?

Great mysteries, I suppose. Or rather, hopefully, it was Dimitroff...

I agree that releasing Hawley was a mistake and I didn't understand that one either. He was a decent center that played with an edge-and that is what this team needs! Plus he was cheap (I want to say he was only making like $2.5-3 mil a year). Beasley in my opinion is a good player that is playing completely out of position. He is too small to be a DE-he should be playing OLB like he did most of the time at Clemson. Collins is as raw as raw gets; but based on how little experience he has both collegiately and professionally I still think it is too early to fairly judge him at this point.

Beasley isn't terrible. He's out of position. He needs to be Leo, but he's playing End. He's too light to be on the line every snap. He is irvin made over. He's getting decent pressure throughout the game but hasn't figured out how to get home. He needs to add more moves other then the spin move. He had a few Good moves yesterday but got held.

Beasley has gotten better in the last couple of games, he is making some progress, but I again think people wanted him to be an instant fix and that was not going to happen. He needs a partner on the line to help him, and that is the area that I think we need to look at in the upcoming draft next season.

lets be honest the whole defense outside of wheeler isn't playing well. esp the DBs. Allen is the only one that doesnt seem to be falling off.

Alford is making an argument to be considered one of the best corners in the game. Tru has fallen a bit, but I believe that's because of an injury he had a while back that is still affecting him.

They are just so bad...

It's so disheartening.

People flamed me when I hit on Beasley in the preseason and early in the year when we were winning... Would love to hear someone defend him now.

legs be fair, he's a rookie p lo aging in his 12th game? Cmon now, we gave ja98 more time then this..

I think he will pan out once he grow some balls and s hi ow some attitude on the line... he does get pushed around a lot more then I would like to see..

But I do think he will get it, he has the tools, just needs to learn how to use it right.

legs be fair, he's a rookie p lo aging in his 12th game? Cmon now, we gave ja98 more time then this..

I think he will pan out once he grow some balls and s hi ow some attitude on the line... he does get pushed around a lot more then I would like to see..

But I do think he will get it, he has the tools, just needs to learn how to use it right.

Huh?

Legs? I like women legs. Nice, tone, soft women legs. Yeah, I like my women's legs fair too.

shutterstock_28384018.jpg

Fair legs.

What? Lol. Rookies don't get a free pass because there rookies. Collins legit doesn't look like a good pick right now. It's still early in his career so he can definitely improve. But hes not free from criticism.

Right. LOL!!!!! I guess he's exempt because he's a rookie. Well, someone needs to tell the opponents offenses not to abuse him, cause he's a rookie. Not to turn him around and make him whiff on tackles because he's a rookie. Do not throw his way, because he's a rookie.

Oh!!!! And while you guys are at it, someone tell Quinn it's ok to mismanage the game, to kick FGs at the 2 yard line on 4th and inches when you're behind by 2 TDs with little time left, because he's a rookie HC.

If rookies get passes, then why are they out there? We don't need anyone playing this year with a free pass. We need players out there that are held accountable, cause they seems to play harder and more determined. Maybe that is why Collins and Beasley is playing the way they do. Because they have a free pass and they know it, because they're rookies.

What? Lol. Rookies don't get a free pass because there rookies. Collins legit doesn't look like a good pick right now. It's still early in his career so he can definitely improve. But hes not free from criticism.

So you can only look like a good pick 12 games into a career with one bad game under your belt? Collins is not a fan favorite and nobody wanted him. That's why he gets so much flack. Just like with Alford his rookie year.

But you're complaining about rookies being rookies and making rookie mistakes. Some succeed right out the gate, to never be anything ever again. Ask the Vikings if Matt Kalil was a good pick...