Ownership Is The Real Problem

fansince78

Blank left TDs future in the hands of Dan Quinn last year. Must not be that thick

And Blank has reiterated time and again that Dimitroff has his full support. I am not saying that Dimitroff couldn't be sent packing, but Quinn would have nothing to do with that decision. And since Dimitroff was the architect that helped turn the franchise around in 2008 and Blank has credited him for some of the Falcons most prosperous seasons under his stewardship, I would be shocked to see Blank make a move, not unless the Falcons completely fall off the map.

Edited by zzfrow

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Blank ain't the problem. personnel is!!! and questionable play calling...

Can't agree here it all starts and ends at the top if he was insecure about his GM why didn't the independent consultants give him the go ahead to get rid of him.

The mentioned peeled the whole organisation back to its bones and found apparently TD had done the correct job.If there was anyone going to get the boot surely TD would have been fired after that process.

It's a choice between selling tickets in the short run or building a competitive franchise in the long run. Signing big name "skills" players (Ryan, Jones, Hester, Hankerson) gets people excited and hopeful, which sells tickets. Signing nothing but linemen doesn't create much excitement.

If the franchise spent two or three seasons building lines and backups through the draft and free agency, ticket sales would suffer while the team went through the growing pains.

Talented QBs, RBs and receivers are hog tied if the O-line can't block and protect the QB. Gifted corners and line backers are diminished if the D-line can't stop the run or pressure the QB.

Building a team from the inside out takes several years but the payoff is eventually worth the suffering. I wouldn't mind a bit if we used every draft pick next year on linemen. Three years down the road we might have a corps of pro bowl quality lines that would be the future of the franchise.

DISCLAIMER: A rebuilding franchise needs someone who knows how to pick talent...

That could well be true, which brings us back to the fans.

If the team is building the wrong way because the fans will only show up on Sunday's if we overspend on the skilled positions at the expense of the other needs, then the fans deserve blame as well.

After all, the fans were ecstatic when we traded for a Julio in 2011, even though it was clear to anyone who could see the big picture that it would come at the expense of the offensive and defensive lines and would hurt us a few seasons down the road. When the OL fell apart in 2013, the same fans who labelled TD a genius for the Julio trade, were calling for his head for not building a great OL.

If the team is building the wrong way because the fans will only show up on Sunday's if we overspend on the skilled positions at the expense of the other needs, then the fans deserve blame as well.

After all, the fans were ecstatic when we traded for a Julio in 2011, even though it was clear to anyone who could see the big picture that it would come at the expense of the offensive and defensive lines and would hurt us a few seasons down the road. When the OL fell apart in 2013, the same fans who labelled TD a genius for the Julio trade, were calling for his head for not building a great OL.

You should be AB spokesperson, because its AB only defense.

Atl has College football and a lot of people that have relocated there and brought other affiliations with them.

I haven't been to ATL in awhile but it ways happening with a lot to do. There is a reason its hard to keep a team in Los Angeles.

Some fans deserve harsh criticism-a measured owner, but other fans knew that draft was wrong and spoke up. They also saw the wrong in firing Reeves and a chosen few have always wondered about MR.

When you consider the fan base and the expansion of Titans, Jax, and Carolina...its rough owning the Falcons. That is the only defense I can offer AB.

In my opinion, the Julio trade has worked out very well. If you look at Tommy's draft record, the picks used in the trade would not likely have rendered quality players. It is sad to think this way, but it is the truth. This fact is brought home when we recall that Tommy was set to draft Gabe Carimi, if he could not trade for Julio.

In my opinion, the Julio trade has worked out very well. If you look at Tommy's draft record, the picks used in the trade would not likely have rendered quality players. It is sad to think this way, but it is the truth. This fact is brought home when we recall that Tommy was set to draft Gabe Carimi, if he could not trade for Julio.

JJ has been healthy as **** and we are on a terrible losing streak...Ryan is bright and bushy eyed as well.

So true.

But it doesn't take much.

Remember when Blank was a hero around here?

Sure I do, but what have the Falcons done that was so great since Blank has owned the team? If we had won a Superbowl, I think he would get a little more slack now. Don't you? Having TD as GM is the reason that has not happened. Do you disagree?

Sure I do, but what have the Falcons done that was so great since Blank has owned the team? If we had won a Superbowl, I think he would get a little more slack now. Don't you? Having TD as GM is the reason that has not happened. Do you disagree?

I think Blank's problems started when he let Reeves go (whether he was fired our quit or what).

Reeves would have been the best thing to happen to Vick, also he was a pretty good coach and had a lot of respect from around the league.

He just was a lousy GM. So that could have been corrected IMO.

But I don't know if that's what the break-up was about.

Also, I think Blank brought corporate-think into the mix. He listened to "experts" on what he should do. We got Mora and Petrino.

After that, I think Blank decided he would make the decisions and we went "flashy"--a mistake in hindsight.

So he went back to corporate-think and we ended up with Quinn and Shanny.

I don't think Blank is this evil, selfish egomaniac (at least no more that any other filthy rich person) that some are trying to paint him as; and any owner would try and get a better stadium deal in Blank's shoes.

I don't like PSL's but Blank didn't invent them, that's the way stadiums are being financed today.

I do think after this dumpster fire of a season though, Dimi might be in real trouble. I don't think Quinn will be let go after one season and who else is left to change?

Oh and no, I can't say without a doubt that Dimi is the reason we haven't won a Super Bowl.

Blank is all about the image of his team and the character of his players.Blank will not take a risk on a player with some issues.For example,as bad as we needed a guard,Incognito was never in the conversation.Now Incognito is having a good season and looks like he learned his lesson.

There are many examples of not wanting certain players say like the Pats with Blount,Moss etc.Blank is more concerned about character than winning.

Therefore we have a bunch of players with no fire just like Blank!

I think Blank's problems started when he let Reeves go (whether he was fired our quit or what).

Reeves would have been the best thing to happen to Vick, also he was a pretty good coach and had a lot of respect from around the league.

He just was a lousy GM. So that could have been corrected IMO.

But I don't know if that's what the break-up was about.

Also, I think Blank brought corporate-think into the mix. He listened to "experts" on what he should do. We got Mora and Petrino.

After that, I think Blank decided he would make the decisions and we went "flashy"--a mistake in hindsight.

So he went back to corporate-think and we ended up with Quinn and Shanny.

I don't think Blank is this evil, selfish egomaniac (at least no more that any other filthy rich person) that some are trying to paint him as; and any owner would try and get a better stadium deal in Blank's shoes.

I don't like PSL's but Blank didn't invent them, that's the way stadiums are being financed today.

I do think after this dumpster fire of a season though, Dimi might be in real trouble. I don't think Quinn will be let go after one season and who else is left to change?

Oh and no, I can't say without a doubt that Dimi is the reason we haven't won a Super Bowl.

I like Quinn and think he can be the man. His supporting cast needs to go and he needs a GM that will fill the needs of the team though.

Exactly

Mr. Blank has been more concerned with a new stadium than putting a competitive team on the field. He has allowed a total idiot to run the team (TD) and he has run that team into the ground. A good GM would have made quite a difference in the last several years as far as player acquisition (both in the draft and FA) as well as the coaching staff selected.

While there will be a new stadium in Atlanta in 2017, the NFL team that plays there won't be worth going to see unless Mr. Blank decides that it is time to bring in a GM that can get the job done.

I like Quinn and think he can be the man. His supporting cast needs to go and he needs a GM that will fill the needs of the team though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend Dimi.

It's just that this team has gone in so many directions that it's hard to keep up personnel wise

We had DVD, then we had the bullish run game with Turner, then stretch the field with Jones, and now the ZBS and WCO.

I can blame him--I guess--during the stable block of the Mike Smith years when he could have worked harder to shore up our lines on both sides of the ball--even though there has been some debate as to who made the personnel decisions even then.

That's the reason I said I can't hold Dimi soley responsible for our failure to win a Super Bowl.