December Hawks Thread

Willy Mo

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's early no one except the Warriors right now have figured it out if you know what I mean. They are literally the only team probably besides Spurs that have "picked up where they left off".

You got to think about this we lost DMC, Pero, Elton Brand, Austin Daye, and John Jenkins.

Picked up Splitter, Holliday, Patterson, and Edy I believe that's it, couple that with people who had injuries I'd think it'd be safe to say this is how it should be.

Is this how it will stay nope not even in the slightest.

Schedule has been brutal. ..got some off days coming up...standings will start to reflect that. .Hawks are 2nd in wins in the east...but are currently the 8th seed...go figure. .

Check the losses. Hawks have one more loss than the Hornets and two more than the Heat, while only winning one more game. Lower winning percentage as a result.

Schedule isn't much of an excuse. You're acting like we're the only team to play this many games or with that tough of a schedule. We've played 22. We're 13-9. Warriors have played 22 (now playing 23rd). They're 22-0 and well on their way to being 23-0.

Edited by JerseyNo12

Check the losses. Hawks have one more loss than the Hornets and two more than the Heat, while only winning one more game. Lower winning percentage as a result.

Schedule isn't much of an excuse. You're acting like we're the only team to play this many games or with that tough of a schedule. We've played 22. We're 13-9. Warriors have played 22 (now playing 23rd). They're 22-0 and well on their way to being 23-0.

I made that post 5 days ago ..if you go back and check..at that time ..we had played like 22 games. Teams like Chicago. .Cleveland and Miami had only played like 17 or 18...it's been well documented that we have played more back to back games than anyone...combine that with travel...it can be taxing. .I think coach Bud said that sometimes they only practice 2 times during the week because of the schedule. .And you are really going to use The Warriors in in your argument. .wow

I made that post 5 days ago ..if you go back and check..at that time ..we had played like 22 games. Teams like Chicago. .Cleveland and Miami had only played like 17 or 18...it's been well documented that we have played more back to back games than anyone...combine that with travel...it can be taxing. .I think coach Bud said that sometimes they only practice 2 times during the week because of the schedule. .And you are really going to use The Warriors in in your argument. .wow

It's an extreme example, but remember, we were often compared to the Warriors last season as up-and-coming teams that took the league by storm.

Even if they do get the record for longest winning streak, I hope they lose at least sometime in December.

Then we'll still be the only team in NBA history to go 17-0 in a whole month, which was December of last year.

Atlanta should be able to beat Dallas but they arent beating OKC at OKC off of the back end of a back to back after a late game tonight. They also arent beating San Antonio. I think they beat Miami though and after that is really go time. Need to get through the rest of the month with a 5-3 to 7-1 record or it just aint happening this season. Pretty sad though to be able to pick out games and say thats just a complete automatic loss.

Actually took the game against a pretty decent west team on the road in the closing mins. Progress Bud progress.

I loved the play coming out of the time out that lead to Horford's slam dunk late in the game. As Korver came running from the backside under the basket towards the wing, Horford's man assumed Horford was going to set the screen to open Korver up for the three and left Horford wide open under the basket.

Even though Korver has not been hot since the All Star break last year, teams are STILL coached to treat him as the first priority in key situations.

Other thoughts, Two emerging skillsets . . .

-Horford is taking TEN TIMES as many Three's this season and has improved by 10% and the best non Guard accuracy on the team. (Close 2nd among NBA Centers and even top ten among Power Forwards) Considering the importance of spacing in the Hawks' offense, and the departure of Antic, this development is hugely promising for further production from Millsap inside and for Teague and Schroeder to drive to the hoop.

-Schroeder unconscious with the pull up jumper. He broke out of his little slump last night by adding the midrange jumper to his arsenal. That shot should be a multiplier for his effectiveness. 1) If defenders have to play him tighter to prevent the pull up, he will have better leverage to get to the basket, and 2) The man just takes a beating driving the lane all the time. If he can save his body with the pull up, he will be stronger down the stretch in individual games and the overall season.

I love my Hawks...but they suffer from the same thing as the Falcons. ..they lack that killer instinct. .someone posted earlier that you can look at the schedule and tell where the Hawks will lose. And that's a problem. ..if we can do that...we will never win a championship. ..Hawks are soft...we need to get tougher. ..

I love my Hawks...but they suffer from the same thing as the Falcons. ..they lack that killer instinct. .someone posted earlier that you can look at the schedule and tell where the Hawks will lose. And that's a problem. ..if we can do that...we will never win a championship. ..Hawks are soft...we need to get tougher. ..

Football and basketball are different. You are going to get at least four days rest as a football player. NBA you can play backtobacks and even close to four five games a week.

Football and basketball are different. You are going to get at least four days rest as a football player. NBA you can play backtobacks and even close to four five games a week.

..that has nothing to do with having a killer instinct. ..it's either in you or its not..they have the same type of players at each position. .we need toughness. ..we are too soft and too nice...the only player that played tough and was a get in your face type of player is in Toronto. ..

..that has nothing to do with having a killer instinct. ..it's either in you or its not..they have the same type of players at each position. .we need toughness. ..we are too soft and too nice...the only player that played tough and was a get in your face type of player is in Toronto. ..

The Hawks have toughness. It won't help if they can't hit a bucket. This team is short on talent, not toughness. Name of the game is to make shots. Didn't do much of that down the stretch.

Just stop. You are ignoring the fact that tough and tired oppose each other.

Are you serious. ..Bud uses his bench probably more than any other coach...yall need to stop making the same excuses over and over for this team...I been watching basketball over 30 years...and am a diehard fan of the Hawks..the Hawks do not have that IT FACTOR. ..this team is not tough enough. ..you got to be able to bang down low get the tough rebounds...and draw fouls..this team is all finesse at every position. .you can't sit here and tell me you don't see this..that stuff is all good in the regular season. .but in the playoffs. ..it will not get it done..when the season is over..remember this post..they got lucky with their opponents last year in the playoffs. .we matched up well in the first 2 rounds..cause the teams we faced were just as soft as us...but what happened when we ran up against a TOUGHER opponent. ..wasn't even close...we can agree to disagree. ..but I just see the obvious. ..

Just looking over the schedule for the next month and a half or more the Hawks face only 5 games that I consider tough Miami twice, Clippers, Chicago, and Rockets.

Right now the league or East is tougher than it use to be you can tell by how bunched up it is currently the second place team only has to lose three times to be out of the playoff race. This is finally the year that the media been trying to say over and over and over and over again THAT THE EAST IS TOUGH LOL!

Are you serious. ..Bud uses his bench probably more than any other coach...yall need to stop making the same excuses over and over for this team...I been watching basketball over 30 years...and am a diehard fan of the Hawks..the Hawks do not have that IT FACTOR. ..this team is not tough enough. ..you got to be able to bang down low get the tough rebounds...and draw fouls..this team is all finesse at every position. .you can't sit here and tell me you don't see this..that stuff is all good in the regular season. .but in the playoffs. ..it will not get it done..when the season is over..remember this post..they got lucky with their opponents last year in the playoffs. .we matched up well in the first 2 rounds..cause the teams we faced were just as soft as us...but what happened when we ran up against a TOUGHER opponent. ..wasn't even close...we can agree to disagree. ..but I just see the obvious. ..

Talent bro. We're short on it.